Team quit on Pruitt cause he’s playing favorites. (Starting JG)

I've been critical of JG. I don't think there's any evidence of what the OP says.

So I haven’t heard receivers really speak highly of JG. I haven’t heard his team really referencing him as a leader or the coaching staff. As a 3rd year QB I think that’s kind of strange.

Pruitt has come in and really made a point to play the guys who perform and he’s continuing to start JG. I think the team knows what we know about JG and they’re not buying in to him. He handicaps the offense and it makes Pruitt look like a hypocrite who is playing favorites.

I think that plus playing guys like Jeremy Banks at linebacker (a guy who’s never played snaps at LB and just started practicing with the group) and To’o(a true freshman who’s been on campus for 4 months) shows the players that Pruitt only cares about his guys. I think it caused a divide amongst the team and that’s why I think those boys didn’t rally together when they were getting hit in the mouth. Also explains why Pruitt didn’t bother trying to rule them up cause he knows how they feel already.

Going to be a long year fellas

The other guys have quit coaching staffs now and would quit on a third. They are losers who need to benched or dismissed from the team

As much as I hate to admit it, JG does give us the best chance to win. Saturday was an outlier. But dude doesn’t turn the ball over much. Limit 1-2 of those turnovers, we win. Yes he isn’t our future, but he the best we got right now.
I'll be honest enough to say I don't expect a change.... and honest enough to say there should be.

JG's limitations don't necessarily stem from "mistakes". They stem from simply not making plays and throws. They stem from his decisions and often those decisions are just too low risk.

Notice the number of times that he checks down and the receiver gets tackled immediately. When that happens, the vast majority of the time he missed a better play. Someone else was either open or would have been open if he had led them open. But he doesn't lead guys open. He doesn't take risks. If guys aren't already open... the vast majority of the time he's not throwing to them. Among other mental things... he doesn't anticipate openings for throws well.

JP should have started the process to develop a QB this time last year. I don't understand why they didn't use the opportunity.

If CJP WANTS TO RIGHT THIS SHIP HE HAS TO TAKE ACOUNTABILITY NOT TO US NOT TO THE MEDIA, BUT HIS PLAYERS AND HIS COACHES.
They are a mess right now and it because of him crowning his 2019 class to fast. He has players and some good players we are better then what we saw Saturday.The kids need coaching and the coaches need to be allowed to coach. The coaches need to be allowed to play the players they want and feel can play. Not the guys that have been promised playing time and they not ready to play 3,4,5 star my azz. One freshman Oline is too many to me but two no no no. A guy missed the whole spring and shows two days left in camp and plays over 20 snaps no no no. a guy gets moved to a new position last week of camp and plays over guy that has been learning the position since the spring. SORRY NOT SORRY

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Guy stop giving a dam at some point when no matter what they do it's never going to be good enough compared to the favorite
Are you sure he's playing favorite? I'll agree that JG is not a "great" qb but maybe he's at least buying in and giving all he's got. I stated in another thread on here that usually, when a new staff comes in and demands more from people that in the past have had less demanded of them those players tend to get hurt feelings instead of buying in and doing what is demanded to make them better players and the team better as a whole. Better to cut any cancer out now and get these younger players involved if they are buying in than to set a bad example by letting one group do whatever they want and demanding more of a different group. You either buy in or get out.

Are you sure he's playing favorite? I'll agree that JG is not a "great" qb but maybe he's at least buying in and giving all he's got. I stated in another thread on here that usually, when a new staff comes in and demands more from people that in the past have had less demanded of them those players tend to get hurt feelings instead of buying in and doing what is demanded to make them better players and the team better as a whole. Better to cut any cancer out now and get these younger players involved if they are buying in than to set a bad example by letting one group do whatever they want and demanding more of a different group. You either buy in or get out.
If CJP WANTS TO RIGHT THIS SHIP HE HAS TO TAKE ACOUNTABILITY NOT TO US NOT TO THE MEDIA, BUT HIS PLAYERS AND HIS COACHES.
They are a mess right now and it because of him crowning his 2019 class to fast. He has players and some good players we are better then what we saw Saturday.The kids need coaching and the coaches need to be allowed to coach. The coaches need to be allowed to play the players they want and feel can play. Not the guys that have been promised playing time and they not ready to play 3,4,5 star my azz. One freshman Oline is too many to me but two no no no. A guy missed the whole spring and shows two days left in camp and plays over 20 snaps no no no. a guy gets moved to a new position last week of camp and plays over guy that has been learning the position since the spring. SORRY NOT SORRY

I'll be honest enough to say I don't expect a change.... and honest enough to say there should be.

JG's limitations don't necessarily stem from "mistakes". They stem from simply not making plays and throws. They stem from his decisions and often those decisions are just too low risk.

Notice the number of times that he checks down and the receiver gets tackled immediately. When that happens, the vast majority of the time he missed a better play. Someone else was either open or would have been open if he had led them open. But he doesn't lead guys open. He doesn't take risks. If guys aren't already open... the vast majority of the time he's not throwing to them. Among other mental things... he doesn't anticipate openings for throws well.
I still think JG is our best option right now to win ballgames. Now, if he tries to start making some of those plays you mention and has 3-4 turnovers in a half, he gives coaches no choice but to change. But he won’t do that. He got us in a choke hold

Give JG a couple series against BYU and if things keep going the same u almost have to pull him...It’s not all on JG but Qb is the leader of ur team and no offense I saw nothing close to a leader out their Saturday!

The problem is that jg will get all the first team reps if he’s still the starter. Mauer is so far behind him due to not getting those reps during fall camp. But at this point what do we have to lose?

I still think JG is our best option right now to win ballgames. Now, if he tries to start making some of those plays you mention and has 3-4 turnovers in a half, he gives coaches no choice but to change. But he won’t do that. He got us in a choke hold
I don't necessarily think he's the best option to win ball games. In fact, I think every opponent will defend UT the way GSU until there's a change in JG or at the QB position.

Your last statement is right though. His "safe" decisions keep him from being to "blame"... but limit the O to such a degree that they don't score points.

GSU is very likely the 11th best D UT will face this year. They gave up almost 500 ypg last year in the Sun Belt. They were 125th out of 130 teams last year in D. Even if you give them credit for improvement... they're still worse than every other FCS D UT will face this year. And the O behind JG could only score 23 points through about 58 minutes. Honestly, that's worse than pathetic... but it is pretty consistent with what the O has been behind JG since he first became the starter.

So I haven’t heard receivers really speak highly of JG. I haven’t heard his team really referencing him as a leader or the coaching staff. As a 3rd year QB I think that’s kind of strange.

Pruitt has come in and really made a point to play the guys who perform and he’s continuing to start JG. I think the team knows what we know about JG and they’re not buying in to him. He handicaps the offense and it makes Pruitt look like a hypocrite who is playing favorites.

I think that plus playing guys like Jeremy Banks at linebacker (a guy who’s never played snaps at LB and just started practicing with the group) and To’o(a true freshman who’s been on campus for 4 months) shows the players that Pruitt only cares about his guys. I think it caused a divide amongst the team and that’s why I think those boys didn’t rally together when they were getting hit in the mouth. Also explains why Pruitt didn’t bother trying to rule them up cause he knows how they feel already.

That makes a whole lot of sense!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I don't necessarily think he's the best option to win ball games. In fact, I think every opponent will defend UT the way GSU until there's a change in JG or at the QB position.

Your last statement is right though. His "safe" decisions keep him from being to "blame"... but limit the O to such a degree that they don't score points.

GSU is very likely the 11th best D UT will face this year. They gave up almost 500 ypg last year in the Sun Belt. They were 125th out of 130 teams last year in D. Even if you give them credit for improvement... they're still worse than every other FCS D UT will face this year. And the O behind JG could only score 23 points through about 58 minutes. Honestly, that's worse than pathetic... but it is pretty consistent with what the O has been behind JG since he first became the starter.
I don’t trust the coaches at this point. Whatever decision they make, will be second guessed by all. I think they’re afraid of JG. They know he’s so moody and mopey, that if they put someone else in over him, they could not go back to him and his shattered ego.

JG sucks, but you guys are kidding yourselves if you think Shrout or Maurer are any better.
They may not be any better right now but maybe they IMPROVE as they go. JG is not improving and he is on his 3rd year, one could make a good argument he is regressing at this point. I pull for whoever is out there, but if JG stuggles badly again I see no reason whatsoever to not give the young Qb's a chance. I am sure there would be growing pains, but improvement is the key. Especially at Qb, you just can't be average and expect great results. GBO!!!

I don’t trust the coaches at this point. Whatever decision they make, will be second guessed by all. I think they’re afraid of JG. They know he’s so moody and mopey, that if they put someone else in over him, they could not go back to him and his shattered ego.
No matter what happens I think Jarrett Guantanamo will transfer to a school in the Northeast in 2020.

Reactions: sjt18
I think the coaches made some mistakes during and before the GSU game. IMHO, there is NOTHING more manifestly STUPID than to go into Game 1 without a starting 5 OL plus 2. You establish the game with those guys then you work the others in if you think they deserve to play after you get a lead.

That said, I don't think they're afraid of JG. I don't think they suddenly forgot how to coach in spite of a pretty ridiculous game. But I don't think they'll make the change now. It will take more than this one game to prove to them that he hasn't progressed. They'll want to stick with him to give him a chance... and they won't want to admit they were not successful without more proof. That's one of the toughest things for a coach or any other leader... when to give up on someone you've vested a lot of effort in developing.

JG sucks, but you guys are kidding yourselves if you think Shrout or Maurer are any better.
They may not be. The question is whether JG has reached his ceiling or not... and whether one of the others have a higher ceiling.

I wanted to believe that Chaney, Weinke, and Tee could bring it out of JG. The GSU game was the same old JG we've seen last year and the year before. He makes bad decisions... often simply by being hyper, compulsively "safe".

He's at least as talented IMO as Bray. But Bray took chances. He showed confidence in himself and his receivers. He threw the ball into tight windows and put opposing D's on their heels. I wish JG was like that... he's never showed that he is.

The odd thing is that jg was butchs guy...I don’t know if shrout and mauer are bad or Pruitt doesn’t know how to evaluate the qb postion

Maybe he feels like the young qbs aren't ready to take control yet? Don't get me wrong. I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but this seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Our leash is so long with this guy. This is the same QB who struggled against Charlotte.

Agree completely,I also think after that he played better at Auburn and beat Kentucky so maybe they and us gave him benefit of the doubt.Year 2 last yrs behind us no controversy at qb let’s see what you can really do JG.They even spoke how him and Pruitt’s relationship had grown etc.Now saying that I don’t think anyone expect the week one crap.So to me that changed the whole game.Last yrs is semi excusable Saturday is never suppose to happen.

So he (1) only plays his guys but (2) keeps playing JG. Makes sense.

It sure looked like the coaches “didn’t give a darn.”

Also I have never seen a Tennessee team so unprepared.........that there is coaching.

I know it was GA State...but I thought we’d have the first 6-8 plays somewhat scripted. They’d have been practices and rehearsed.

The receivers and QB were not on the same page at all. The lack of preparation sunk the team early.

VN Store

Back