Team quit on Pruitt cause he’s playing favorites. (Starting JG)

The odd thing is that jg was butchs guy...I don’t know if shrout and mauer are bad or Pruitt doesn’t know how to evaluate the qb postion
I’m about to start a thread to answer that that makes a lot of sense. But trust me.... the Shrout and Maurer are not “bad”. Although with Shrout I think we get more of the same.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
So I haven’t heard receivers really speak highly of JG. I haven’t heard his team really referencing him as a leader or the coaching staff. As a 3rd year QB I think that’s kind of strange.

Pruitt has come in and really made a point to play the guys who perform and he’s continuing to start JG. I think the team knows what we know about JG and they’re not buying in to him. He handicaps the offense and it makes Pruitt look like a hypocrite who is playing favorites.

I think that plus playing guys like Jeremy Banks at linebacker (a guy who’s never played snaps at LB and just started practicing with the group) and To’o(a true freshman who’s been on campus for 4 months) shows the players that Pruitt only cares about his guys. I think it caused a divide amongst the team and that’s why I think those boys didn’t rally together when they were getting hit in the mouth. Also explains why Pruitt didn’t bother trying to rule them up cause he knows how they feel already.

Going to be a long year fellas

Maybe...just Maybe, the other QBs have looked terrible. JG wasn't given the starting job last year. He had to win out in the pre-season and was awarded the position. This year it wasn't even a conversation. For a coach the speaks about the importance of competition, I think it says more about what he thinks about the other backup QBs. Keep in mind he has been looking to add 2 more this recruiting cycle and we got a transfer from Maryland, though I think he may look for a position switch.

So I haven’t heard receivers really speak highly of JG. I haven’t heard his team really referencing him as a leader or the coaching staff. As a 3rd year QB I think that’s kind of strange.

Pruitt has come in and really made a point to play the guys who perform and he’s continuing to start JG. I think the team knows what we know about JG and they’re not buying in to him. He handicaps the offense and it makes Pruitt look like a hypocrite who is playing favorites.

I think that plus playing guys like Jeremy Banks at linebacker (a guy who’s never played snaps at LB and just started practicing with the group) and To’o(a true freshman who’s been on campus for 4 months) shows the players that Pruitt only cares about his guys. I think it caused a divide amongst the team and that’s why I think those boys didn’t rally together when they were getting hit in the mouth. Also explains why Pruitt didn’t bother trying to rule them up cause he knows how they feel already.

There was a story earlier this year where JG said he finally started hanging out with his O-line, taking them out to dinner, etc. After 3 years..finally hanging out with him. Says all you need to know about his leadership ability.

I do not believe JG is the answer for the team to improve. JMO
As far as Henry T goes, did you watch the game? He should be on the field. As bad as the defense looked he was actually a bright spot.

I did. And I saw To’o pull up on a QB scramble that caused the QB to get about 8 extra yards. He also made some terrible reads on options. He’s a bright spot but not ready to be a starter.

Give JG a couple series against BYU and if things keep going the same u almost have to pull him...It’s not all on JG but Qb is the leader of ur team and no offense I saw nothing close to a leader out their Saturday!
Our leash is so long with this guy. This is the same QB who struggled against Charlotte.

Reality Checks for everyone....the fans, the coach, the staff, the players.

It is really hard to look from the outside into an organization...A lot of speculation...

The only thing we know for sure is that Tennessee did not have a Tennessee Team on the field.

This was a Reality Check for all, None of us saw this coming, nor did they predict it would.

I still trust the Coaches judgment, however, I have no faith that they know how to fix it because if they did they would have seen it coming.

A LetDown on the opening game.....no way.

But JG is a butch guy

maybe so but do know they are kids if they are quitters what has pushed so many to quit
did they quit in high school also or just on us

Oh I love stuff like this. Oh they are just kids. Give me a break. I would be willing to bet that 98% of the roster has been playing football ever since they were 8-9 years old. They know what competition is all about. They know winning and losing. if they are quitting, then thats on them. I wish some of you would stop giving players a pass simply because they arent getting paid.

I promise Pruitt is going to play whoever gives him the best chance to win. He cares more about himself than his players.

Reactions: Rockyjr
JG sucks, but you guys are kidding yourselves if you think Shrout or Maurer are any better.
And you know this how? Because they're not starting, therefore our amazing coach in his peerless coaching wisdom made the infallible assessment that they're not as good?

This is the argument made by every pumper every time anyone questions JG. The other quarterbacks haven't been allowed to play, therefore they must be worse because it's impossible that the coaches could simply have their heads up their butts and be starting the wrong QB.

As much as I hate to admit it, JG does give us the best chance to win. Saturday was an outlier. But dude doesn’t turn the ball over much. Limit 1-2 of those turnovers, we win. Yes he isn’t our future, but he the best we got right now.

JG sucks, but you guys are kidding yourselves if you think Shrout or Maurer are any better.

I'm not goint to say that I think they will do better immediately, but I say you play for the future at this point. As a matter of fact, maybe that is what Coach Pruitt is already doing. You take your lumps now, with the expectation that it will pay dividends either later this year or beginning next year.

OP
What are you talking about? Nobody has said about the WR commenting negatively nor have they commented negatively toward him in any interview. You're attempt to stir the pot doesn't look too successful.

Reactions: Volinnooga
I'd Shroud or Maurer we better options, Chaney and Weinke would have started them over JG.

VN Store

Back