Te'a cooper

U can never have too many guards.

Let's go Reynolds, Middleton and Nared. Good news is none of the good team have an outstanding point guard returning.

Reynolds please put it all together, and own. Aye, we need mo guards please. Big, bigs, bigs. Bigs, Bigs.

Defense, Rebounds, & Guard play win championships.

Reactions: 1 person
Middleton and Reynolds will have to step up and become stars I think one of them will do it and it will be a special year. My opinion is it Will be Middleton. She's a fighter. However I know she will start Reynolds, Deshields, Nared, Dunbar?, Russell. This team could do something special if everyone plays UP. The big three of Deshields, Nared, and Russell is potentially amazing alone. The compliments just need to play to their potential as well. Middleton needs to be her best self.

Middleton and Reynolds will have to step up and become stars I think one of them will do it and it will be a special year. My opinion is it Will be Middleton. She's a fighter. However I know she will start Reynolds, Deshields, Nared, Dunbar?, Russell. This team could do something special if everyone plays UP. The big three of Deshields, Nared, and Russell is potentially amazing alone. The compliments just need to play to their potential as well. Middleton needs to be her best self.

I think the light bulb went off for Reynolds towards the end of last season. When she is aggressive offensively looking for her midrange pull up, she and the team are much better. I think middleton, Dunbar, and meme will be able to perform they just need real game experience... i felt like KD tried to shoot every time she had an opportunity regardless of whether she was in rythmn because she knew she was coming right out in 2 mins. Meme never played, middleton didnt want to be yanked out either. So maybe more time will mean that they will relax and just play ball. I hope Kamera and Nunn are able to come in and contribute.

Reactions: 2 people

A.M. will be a different player this year. I talked to her about how important keeping her confidence is going to be. She will be playing with a stronger mental composure this season. . . She is ready to take advantage of the opportunity. . . I wish I had had more time with her though. I wanted to gear her workouts so she could play the 1 or 2 spot if need be... Reynolds is the wild-card. I don't know what to expect out or her...She is faster and more mobile than Kortney and a great shooter. (If you remember, she won her McD 3-pt contest. So she can hit them)... It is all just a matter of not letting anything affect her confidence level.

I think the light bulb went off for Reynolds towards the end of last season. When she is aggressive offensively looking for her midrange pull up, she and the team are much better. I think middleton, Dunbar, and meme will be able to perform they just need real game experience... i felt like KD tried to shoot every time she had an opportunity regardless of whether she was in rythmn because she knew she was coming right out in 2 mins. Meme never played, middleton didnt want to be yanked out either. So maybe more time will mean that they will relax and just play ball. I hope Kamera and Nunn are able to come in and contribute.

You can just look into the face of Nunn and see she is ready for this opportunity. Every shot I see of her is one of intensity and movement. . .

nunn 01.jpg
nunn 02.jpg

Nunn averaged a double-double as a junior with 13.7 points and 11.1 rebounds per game. She was also one of the nation’s leading shot blockers and ranked ninth with 3.6 blocks per game. Her rebound average also ranked her 15th nationally.

Some may say, yes, but she did it at Winthrop... One thing I have learned over the years. There are certain players who can only dominate in a setting where they are the absolute alpha, and then there are players who don't care what level they are playing in, they are going to dominate no matter who is on the court... I think I see this in "Qui".

First and foremost, get better Te'a.

Folks, classes start soon so we'll know if Cooper is enrolled or not. Holly is restricted by law on how much she can reveal concerning the injury.

I'm thinking this may actually be a good thing. Te'a and Diamond tend to forget their three other teammates when they're on the floor together. Holly will have one less option to overwhelm her on-court substituting frenzy. We need to stick to a solid rotation this year. I'm hoping Reynolds can breakout fully and reach her full potential.

This is going to be an interesting team. Much motivation with Pat's passing. Holly's future on the line. Diamond's attitude adjustment and skill honing during the off-season? Mercedes strength improvement? Meme's emergence? The newcomer additions, especially Nunn? Nared's maturation? Middleton's opportunity?

Should be entertaining.

U can never have too many guards.

Let's go Reynolds, Middleton and Nared. Good news is none of the good team have an outstanding point guard returning.

Reynolds please put it all together, and own. Aye, we need mo guards please. Big, bigs, bigs. Bigs, Bigs.

Defense, Rebounds, & Guard play win championships.

Same thing I said, Reynolds has a chance to possibly put herself in a position to be drafted in the WNBA. With no Te'a or Carter she will be counted on a lot. She has to have a scorers mentality and can not defer. We will need her scoring, assist and ability to defend. Her mindset should be to try to average 12 to 14 ppg, 5rebs, 5 to 7 assist and at least 2 steals a game. She has the potential she just can not be too complacent.

Warlick needs to get a couple of walk-ons on the team who are good enough to play minutes late in games in which we have big leads--though that doesn't happen very often with Warlick-coached teams, I'm afraid. We have NO Depth, and that's problem over a long season as you need to rest your top players so that they are not weary at the end of the season.

One thing Middleton will bring to the team is smarts--and she is a good passer and she can shoot when she has confidence. She has a nice shot. She is not a great athlete, however. The problem with UT over the last 10+ years is our offense--we don't move the ball well, don't pass the ball well, and we don't shoot well. That needs to change but not sure it will this year. Outside shooting is going to be a major issue this year--as it was last year.

Warlick needs to get a couple of walk-ons on the team who are good enough to play minutes late in games in which we have big leads--though that doesn't happen very often with Warlick-coached teams, I'm afraid. We have NO Depth, and that's problem over a long season as you need to rest your top players so that they are not weary at the end of the season.

One thing Middleton will bring to the team is smarts--and she is a good passer and she can shoot when she has confidence. She has a nice shot. She is not a great athlete, however. The problem with UT over the last 10+ years is our offense--we don't move the ball well, don't pass the ball well, and we don't shoot well. That needs to change but not sure it will this year. Outside shooting is going to be a major issue this year--as it was last year.

I think she should also look to add at least 1 or 2 walk ons as well. Or see which players from other sports (Softball, Volleyball, and Track & Field) played at a fairly high level in high school. Many kids play multiple sports until their last year or 2 of high school before they make a final decision and we might be surprised what we could get. Jeff Waltz of Louisville does this often as he has taken a player from the Volley Ball team and played her decent minutes a couple of seasons ago (she was on the same team as Shoni Shimmel a few seasons ago)

The poster was saying, if she stays this year and THEN decides to transfer....that would be sitting out two years, would it not?

Why in the world would anyone waste a year of eligibility by staying at UT and redshirting and then transfer and have to sit out another year.No one is that dumb .If she is going to transfer it will be known soon because she will not be enrolled at UT for this next semester

Why in the world would anyone waste a year of eligibility by staying at UT and redshirting and then transfer and have to sit out another year.No one is that dumb .If she is going to transfer it will be known soon because she will not be enrolled at UT for this next semester

Well that's pretty much the conclusion we came up with after thinking about it....evident in our previous post on this thread............

her wearing a knee brace at end of last season--but if she was you may very well be right. I have trouble understanding how Warlick could be so in the dark about her injury. The coach gives a presser and announces that a starting guard is out for the year--and yet seems to have no information on the injury at all, apparently! Astounding. Not a good look, but then that's been the norm for this program for a while, I'm afraid.

Cooper suffered the injury at home in the beginning of July, in the final days of her break. She has been here at UT since th second week of July as scheduled, attending summer school and has been under the care of UT's medical staff since then.

The full extent of the injury will not be known until they get in to do the surgery. Exams done by her doctors at home and here at UT have shown that she has an injury that will require surgery and that will cause her to miss the season.

Holly has all of the information available to her but has not been authorized by the player and her family to release anything other than what she said at the press conference.

Reactions: 9 people

She isn't transferring. She has been on campus taking summer school classes as scheduled.

Reactions: 4 people
Same thing I said, Reynolds has a chance to possibly put herself in a position to be drafted in the WNBA. With no Te'a or Carter she will be counted on a lot. She has to have a scorers mentality and can not defer. We will need her scoring, assist and ability to defend. Her mindset should be to try to average 12 to 14 ppg, 5rebs, 5 to 7 assist and at least 2 steals a game. She has the potential she just can not be too complacent.

I see the same thing in their futures. I think Middleton will look hard into the role of SG. With Reynolds we have a big guard. And that is very beneficial in this league. If Holly lets someone work with Meme we will have a speed guard. What we don't have is a shooting guard. Or, at least, one that will work tirelessly for her openings. This is a role AM can fill. I think she will, as long as Jordan stays healthy and can maintain that role.

Middleton has no conscience when she spots up for a 3. I watched her. She was very comfortable shooting them. And yes she is a smart kid. She has to have a different kind of smarts this year...She has to get post-game-amnesia...The most important thing to have as an athlete, in ALL sports, is the ability to forget your last outing.

Last edited:
We'll need to score points this season defense will probably be way down. Nared, Reynolds, Middleton, and Dunbar have never been very good defensive players. A quick point guard will eat us up we'll have to play zone all season.

We'll need to score points this season defense will probably be way down. Nared, Reynolds, Middleton, and Dunbar have never been very good defensive players. A quick point guard will eat us up we'll have to play zone all season.

I hate zone.

I use zone for two reasons and two reasons only...
  1. If my team is so much better than our competition that I feel the need to let them breathe
  2. And
  3. If they're team is killing mine and I have to go fetal.

Other than that, I am playing man... Either in a pressing style or a read-react one-step in from half-court.

If they're working with Meme,,, she id more than speedy enough to stay with ANY player.

She isn't transferring. She has been on campus taking summer school classes as scheduled.

No, it simply can't be her. I watched the video of Holly's player update and when you play it backwards, and listen very, very carefully, she says "Te'a has transferred because she could not bear hearing me stutter through another press conference." [Note: You actually have to say these words out loud to yourself in order to hear them but once you do, there is simply no doubt that those are the words you hear....]

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
No, it simply can't be her. I watched the video of Holly's player update and when you play it backwards, and listen very, very carefully, she says "Te'a has transferred because she could not bear hearing me stutter through another press conference." [Note: You actually have to say these words out loud to yourself in order to hear but once you do, there is simply no doubt that those are the words you hear....]

"mad" town....:rock:
Have you tried it with "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" yet.

Backwards, you can hear: "Oh want you please move a little on offense"

That zone worked perfectly against Ohio State in the Sweet Sixteen last year.

And against us.

But a good scheme can bust it.
A circular curl with an inside-out designed passing sequence,, then its a matter of your shooters hitting the open looks.

We have to get a SG ready for this year.

Not a launcher,,, a shooter!

Au contraire, I watched the interview way before coming to this board and commenting. Your perception certainly is different and that is okay but do not attempt to belittle those whose views are vastly different from yours.

Okay, but let's not forget, many sage readers of body language, tone of voice and other "signs" were expressing concerns that Diamond would be transferring; that Dunbar would be transferring; that Jackson would be transferring; and so on.

In effect, these "sign" readers are projecting their own frustrations unto the players. As has been clarified by other posters, Te'a is on campus, not transferring and to the "signs" manifest in Holly's interview have once again been misconstrued.

Reactions: 3 people
Okay, but let's not forget, many sage readers of body language, tone of voice and other "signs" were expressing concerns that Diamond would be transferring; that Dunbar would be transferring; that Jackson would be transferring; and so on.

In effect, these "sign" readers are projecting their own frustrations unto the players. As has been clarified by other posters, Te'a is on campus, not transferring and to the "signs" manifest in Holly's interview have once again been misconstrued.

Well none of that applies to me so take it on home where it belongs.

VN Store

Back