Te'a cooper

Have no fear! The great recruiting class that Holly just brought in will help ease the burden of the loss of Cooper!:rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people
Te'a is on campus. Her, Diamond and Meme were on Twitter 2 days ago talking about being out and about.

as I had the same reaction as mlindsay when I watched the video--that this was really about whether she wanted to return to UT or not, but I didn't want to raise the issue! In any case, let's hope she does--but we're surely looking at another disappointing season as we don't have nearly enough guard talent or depth to be seriously good this year. We don't have enough depth at wing either.

As for Warlick, I can't watch her press conferences anymore. They are the WORST in all of sports. Fours years as head coach and she still gives halting, nervous and --always--exceedingly vague remarks that again show she does not have the personality for the job.

as I had the same reaction as mlindsay when I watched the video--that this was really about whether she wanted to return to UT or not, but I didn't want to raise the issue! In any case, let's hope she does--but we're surely looking at another disappointing season as we don't have nearly enough guard talent or depth to be seriously good this year. We don't have enough depth at wing either.

As for Warlick, I can't watch her press conferences anymore. They are the WORST in all of sports. Fours years as head coach and she still gives halting, nervous and --always--exceedingly vague remarks that again show she does not have the personality for the job.

LOL you clearly summed it up! Halting. Nervous. Exceedingly vague remarks. :thumbsup:

I can't get thru an entire interview of Holly's without screaming SPIT IT OUT ALREADY! She's always fidgeting with her hands and scratching her face and her eyes are looking down while shaking her head slowly. Visibly thinking what she's attempting to say. It's cringe worthy on all accounts. And that's Lady Vol basketball. They play the way the coach gives interviews. :crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
From what I took from it is that they (Te'a & her reps) are contemplating her not returning to UT/possibly transferring. I don't want to get ahead of things but with the little information Holly claims to have (could she know more but just isn't saying more?) They (T'ea's & her reps) are taking a wait and see approach. I truly believe she came to play with Diamond and Andraya and with Draya hanging it up and Diamond possibly leaving next year and the lack of a Top recruiting class (and the doubts her and her dad may have of Holly's coaching ability) she might not think she can win here. Just my take, I hope I am wrong but as another person stated it will be interesting to see if she still enrolls this semester and is actually on campus

I believe you nailed it.

From what I took from it is that they (Te'a & her reps) are contemplating her not returning to UT/possibly transferring. I don't want to get ahead of things but with the little information Holly claims to have (could she know more but just isn't saying more?) They (T'ea's & her reps) are taking a wait and see approach. I truly believe she came to play with Diamond and Andraya and with Draya hanging it up and Diamond possibly leaving next year and the lack of a Top recruiting class (and the doubts her and her dad may have of Holly's coaching ability) she might not think she can win here. Just my take, I hope I am wrong but as another person stated it will be interesting to see if she still enrolls this semester and is actually on campus

So, Holly says that Te'a will miss the season due to a knee injury and you took it to mean that Cooper and her reps are contemplating a transfer. That is an interesting extrapolation..

Reactions: 7 people
If she was going to leave do you really think she would do it this way. really. I think she love UT and wants to be there she twitted many times how she was going to wear number 2 and ready to play. Well see tho and not to mention her and jolete has a great relationship.

I think UT has strict medical release policies. Holly knows more than what she is saying. Word is Te'a got injured playing basketball this summer at home and waited to get back to campus to get evaluated by UT's medical staff. I think she loves Tennessee and these players love Holly.From what I see on social media the vibe and chemistry seems much more positive and smooth than last season. I have no idea how the idea of transferring speculated.

Too bad Jannah Tucker chickened out and went back north. She could have been a big help this year.

LOL you clearly summed it up! Halting. Nervous. Exceedingly vague remarks. :thumbsup:

I can't get thru an entire interview of Holly's without screaming SPIT IT OUT ALREADY! She's always fidgeting with her hands and scratching her face and her eyes are looking down while shaking her head slowly. Visibly thinking what she's attempting to say. It's cringe worthy on all accounts. And that's Lady Vol basketball. They play the way the coach gives interviews. :crazy:

I see this same insecurity on the sidelines. When those girls look to the sidelines, they HAVE to see a strong presence. Teams, particularly girls teams, take on the personality of their coaching staff. And this truly gives me concern. More frightening is the precedent set by UK...What if we experience a Kentucky walk-off?..Hopefully it won't take such a demonstrative move to get the one of the AD's to take this program serious again... These girls need at least one strong influence on the staff. . . If this continues to not be addressed, the stronger of the Alpha-players will take action.

I can be there tomorrow.

So, Holly says that Te'a will miss the season due to a knee injury and you took it to mean that Cooper and her reps are contemplating a transfer. That is an interesting extrapolation..

Did you actually watch the interview ? I think not otherwise you would most probably have reached the same conclusion.

Did you actually watch the interview ? I think not otherwise you would most probably have reached the same conclusion.

Exactly....I hadn't even watched the interview until last night. As I was watching it, you couldn't help but pick up on little cues from Holly that she truly doesn't know what's going on. At one point, it looked as if Holly found it comical and a load of **** that she was told Tea won't be playing this season.....I mean seriously who made that decision???? Cause it sure wasn't Holly or the UT medical staff.

My 3rd eye is telling me there is more going on lol and I NEVER try to make assumption but one would have to watch the interview to get the full effect on why some of us feel it's a little sketchy.

Reactions: 3 people
IF there is something going on why does ppl assume she wants to leave if that was the case she would just say that . Why miss out on playing with diamond on her last year possibly that makes no sense at all . there may be a personal issue going on who knows.

I am fairly certain Diamond will leave UT after this season. Her numbers may not have been great last season but she is very talented and if she can replicate or surpass her freshman year, it will be tough to keep her.

There seems to be a common misperception that Diamond was a phenom her freshman year at UNC and that her performance dropped off last year at Tennessee. When comparing her stats for the two seasons, the numbers are surprisingly similar. The hype she received as a freshman was mostly based on her athleticism and potential, not her actual on court performance.

Games played: 36 at UNC; 36 at Tenn.
Minutes per game: 28 at UNC; 27 at Tenn.
FG%: 43% at UNC; 39% at Tenn.
3 pt shooting: 28% at UNC; 25% at Tenn.
Free throws: 77% at UNC; 77% at Tenn.
Rebounds: 5.4 at UNC; 5.2 at Tenn.
Turnovers: 122 at UNC; 115 at Tenn.
Assists: 92 at UNC; 82 at Tenn.
Assist/Turnover Ratio: .75 at UNC; .71 at Tenn.
Fouls: 88 at UNC; 91 at Tenn.

Reactions: 6 people

Yes, I watched the interview. If you view with the preconception that Holly is hiding some dire knowledge about Te'a impending transfer (because Holly can't coach), then yes, OMG!!!!! the ENTIRE TEAM IS TRANSFERRING; THE SKY IS FALLING: WE ARE DOOMED!! DOOMED!!!

If you just watch the clip as Holly giving an update on player statuses, then not so much.

Reactions: 7 people
I see this same insecurity on the sidelines. When those girls look to the sidelines, they HAVE to see a strong presence. Teams, particularly girls teams, take on the personality of their coaching staff. And this truly gives me concern. More frightening is the precedent set by UK...What if we experience a Kentucky walk-off?..Hopefully it won't take such a demonstrative move to get the one of the AD's to take this program serious again... These girls need at least one strong influence on the staff. . . If this continues to not be addressed, the stronger of the Alpha-players will take action.

I can be there tomorrow.

Tomorrow? Oh no go now, please!:)

A little levity goes a long way.

Yes, I watched the interview. If you view with the preconception that Holly is hiding some dire knowledge about Te'a impending transfer (because Holly can't coach), then yes, OMG!!!!! the ENTIRE TEAM IS TRANSFERRING; THE SKY IS FALLING: WE ARE DOOMED!! DOOMED!!!

If you just watch the clip as Holly giving an update on player statuses, then not so much.

Au contraire, I watched the interview way before coming to this board and commenting. Your perception certainly is different and that is okay but do not attempt to belittle those whose views are vastly different from yours.

Au contraire, I watched the interview way before coming to this board and commenting. Your perception certainly is different and that is okay but do not attempt to belittle those whose views are vastly different from yours.

I was just about to post that. I hadn't even watched the interview until last night, I had only read the transcript. After watching it, my whole outlook on Cooper's injury changed. Not once did I think "OMG the sky is falling"....nor did I think Holly can't coach. All I was expressing was the vibe I received when Holly was talking about Cooper's injury, she didn't even know which knee it was....to me that gives me the indication that all Holly was told is Cooper won't play this season due to knee issues, which she knows nothing about cause the medical staff hasn't even looked at her. What's the hold up???

I just hope I'm reading into it all wrong. It wouldn't make alot of sense for Cooper to sit out, then transfer only to sit out another year....so maybe I'm wrong about the situation.

Listen I have re watched the interview, she didn't know about meme knee as well so no one is talking about that because she is playing. It makes no sense for tea to sit out for two years one this year and another to transfer ,regardless of What you all may think of holly. Her players absolutely loves her and they love Tennessee , Mercedes was out no one said hey shes leaving now. no tea had a brace on all year really . I think they are trying to clean that up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
There seems to be a common misperception that Diamond was a phenom her freshman year at UNC and that her performance dropped off last year at Tennessee. When comparing her stats for the two seasons, the numbers are surprisingly similar. The hype she received as a freshman was mostly based on her athleticism and potential, not her actual on court performance.

Games played: 36 at UNC; 36 at Tenn.
Minutes per game: 28 at UNC; 27 at Tenn.
FG%: 43% at UNC; 39% at Tenn.
3 pt shooting: 28% at UNC; 25% at Tenn.
Free throws: 77% at UNC; 77% at Tenn.
Rebounds: 5.4 at UNC; 5.2 at Tenn.
Turnovers: 122 at UNC; 115 at Tenn.
Assists: 92 at UNC; 82 at Tenn.
Assist/Turnover Ratio: .75 at UNC; .71 at Tenn.
Fouls: 88 at UNC; 91 at Tenn.

Thank you for posting that. I apologize for my incorrect assumption, suppose I bought into the hype as well. I hope Diamond makes it two more seasons in Orange.

Thank you for posting that. I apologize for my incorrect assumption, suppose I bought into the hype as well.

No need to apologize. A lot of posters here have expressed a desire for Diamond to play the way she played as a freshman at UNC. I have read statements from fans who felt that if she had brought her "freshman of the year" performance to the team last year, Tennessee would have been more successful. The reality is that her play at Tennessee hasn't been any different from what she did at UNC. Now if we were talking about her playing up to her potential, that would be an entirely different matter.

Listen I have re watched the interview, she didn't know about meme knee as well so no one is talking about that because she is playing. It makes no sense for tea to sit out for two years one this year and another to transfer ,regardless of What you all may think of holly. Her players absolutely loves her and they love Tennessee , Mercedes was out no one said hey shes leaving now. no tea had a brace on all year really . I think they are trying to clean that up.

She would not have to sit out two years.If she transfers now she sits out this year when she can not play anyway and redshirts so she will have three years of eligibility left no matter whether she transfers or stays at UT

She would not have to sit out two years.If she transfers now she sits out this year when she can not play anyway and redshirts so she will have three years of eligibility left no matter whether she transfers or stays at UT

The poster was saying, if she stays this year and THEN decides to transfer....that would be sitting out two years, would it not?

She is supposedly on campus hanging out with teammates.... I think she knows exactly what is wrong with tea and her knee... She just isn't telling us.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back