Tarik Black interest

Why is Black transferring? PT?

Well, good thing Memphis doesn't know how to keep a quality player at least

It's kind of tough to run the offense through a guy thats always in foul trouble, wouldn't you agree?

Not really. When he's out on the floor, give him the ball. When he's not, let Adonis shoot. One guy shoots almost 70% from the floor for his career, the other shoot 40%.

Not really. When he's out on the floor, give him the ball. When he's not, let Adonis shoot. One guy shoots almost 70% from the floor for his career, the other shoot 40%.

The offense should not run through a guy with terrible hands, and i'm not sure i can stomach him missing another easy layup. The offense should run through Joe Jackson imo, he seems to be the only player that cares about taking high percentage shots, drawing fouls, and getting to the charity strip.

The offense should not run through a guy with terrible hands, and i'm not sure i can stomach him missing another easy layup. The offense should run through Joe Jackson imo, he seems to be the only player that cares about taking high percentage shots, drawing fouls, and getting to the charity strip.

Tarik has fine hands when receiving a pass from someone who knows how to throw a proper entry pass.

Joe Jackson's play was so great because he was so efficient. I'm not sure he needs to be a volume scorer, plus we have other volume scorers in the backcourt. Having a scoring threat in the post opens up everything on offense. I can see why Tarik would think he was misused, if he actually feels that way.

Reactions: 1 person
I love to see Memphis fans argue on a message board (even if it's a slight disagreement).

Continue :popcorn:

I love to see Memphis fans argue on a message board (even if it's a slight disagreement).

Continue :popcorn:

There's not a whole lot more to say. I think I'm in the minority of people who think Black could've shouldered a more involved role on offense. Black is better than people give him credit for, he just needs to get his head right.

There's not a whole lot more to say. I think I'm in the minority of people who think Black could've shouldered a more involved role on offense. Black is better than people give him credit for, he just needs to get his head right.

I agree with you 100%. I think he's a terrific player and needs to get over the mind games. I wish the kid luck wherever he goes. FTR, I don't see him in Tennessee orange. However, without the attitude problems, I could see him playing at Marquette but Buzz aint got time fo dat :)

I agree with you 100%. I think he's a terrific player and needs to get over the mind games. I wish the kid luck wherever he goes. FTR, I don't see him in Tennessee orange. However, without the attitude problems, I could see him playing at Marquette but Buzz aint got time fo dat :)

LOL, nope mind games are the equivalent to Bronchitis for Buzz!@!! He just aint got time for that!!!

I've got a sneaking suspicion that the "mind games" cease as soon as he crosses the Shelby County line on his way to wherever he's headed.

How close was Grant to getting him out of HS? Was anybody a player for him or pretty much Memphis lock?

Tarik was on of the most efficient players on the Tigers. His big problem was the foul trouble, but I think he was pretty good on offense.

And Marshall Plumlee is NOT his brothers equal, or even close. IMO

He's nowhere close to Mason. He could end up more productive than Miles, though he's definitely not as athletic. He was ranked between them, but at this early point in his career he's not very good at all.

He's nowhere close to Mason. He could end up more productive than Miles, though he's definitely not as athletic. He was ranked between them, but at this early point in his career he's not very good at all.

Yeah, I imagine his one on one record vs. his brothers is well we'll just call it not good.

Tarik was on of the most efficient players on the Tigers. His big problem was the foul trouble, but I think he was pretty good on offense.

His big problems are foul trouble, rebounding, hands of stone and FTs. His efficiency was because his scores were mostly put backs or 5 foot hooks. He doesn't have a jump shot. Other than that, he's pretty good. If a team can afford a scholarship, he can provide a bg body in the middle.

Here is Black's replacement...
@TheCAJasonSmith: GW senior forward David Pellom will transfer to Memphis and be eligible to play next season.

From a numbers stand point, it's a upgrade.

Here is Black's replacement...
@TheCAJasonSmith: GW senior forward David Pellom will transfer to Memphis and be eligible to play next season.

From a numbers stand point, it's a upgrade.

One is from GW, the other Memphis...I highly doubt he matches those numbers from
GW next year at Memphis.

How close was Grant to getting him out of HS? Was anybody a player for him or pretty much Memphis lock?

I believe Black's final list was Memphis, Marquette, and UT. Black was close to going to Marquette, and Chris Crawford was close to playing for Pearl, but they all decided to stay home.

VN Store

Back