Tarik Black interest

Agree. I can see the hype for McRae. He was first team all-SEC, probably runner up for SEC POY. He really got better the second half of the year, if he played all year like he did post January, he likely would've made an all-American team.

And would likely have gone pro too.

I thought he was referring to Hubbs because the poster mentioned McRae a couple of sentences earlier in his post. Not sure either way, but you guys are probably correct.

Looks like coach Pastner wasnt done looking for Black's replacement..

Dominic Woodson, former Baylor signee and Top 100 center, commits to Memphis.

When Memphis signs a big guy "he's a sumo wrestler," but UT signs big guys Stokes and Williams and they are solid pick ups.

jus bustin chops. Do it to MemCanes too. If I were on a tiger board, I wouldnt expect less.

Seriously tho, the kid has a nice jumper for a big. Reminds me of Stokes in one way tho, he looks a little gravity challenged.

Last edited:
Would you let a player back in when that happens? Dale Ellis did that to DeVoe when DeVoe cursed him.

And there in lies the problem as you revealed it. Devoe had piss poor communication skills. Ellis walking out is more justified than Black walking out of practice because he (Black)was dissatisfied with his role on the team. Being verbally abused is not warranted. By the way I saw Devoe berate Tyrone Beamon during a game on the floor on TV. Way overboard and embarrassing.

When Memphis signs a big guy "he's a sumo wrestler," but UT signs big guys Stokes and Williams and they are solid pick ups.

Nice exaggeration. Brian Williams was a project from day one, and I challenge you to find anyone who said it was a nice pickup. He did turn into a solid player, but no one really knew who he was, and he was overweight when he came in. On radio, Pastner, himself, said that Woodson needed to lose 30-40 pounds.

Nice exaggeration. Brian Williams was a project from day one, and I challenge you to find anyone who said it was a nice pickup. He did turn into a solid player, but no one really knew who he was, and he was overweight when he came in. On radio, Pastner, himself, said that Woodson needed to lose 30-40 pounds.

He was the Cole Trickle of college basketball. I think until his junior year of high school, his experience was limited to ESPN and PlayStation.?

He told Pearl, "just let me drive.... I wont make a fool outta'ya" :)

VN Store

Back