Super Hot Peppers

Behr, meet Bear. Lost her 1 year ago.
Don't tell anyone but she was free to be outside anytime she chose. She chose to happily even at 14 years.
BB.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Behr, meet Bear. Lost her 1 year ago.
Don't tell anyone but she was free to be outside anytime she chose. She chose to happily even at 14 years.
View attachment 132673

So cool. Behr never had the opportunity to play in snow. She looks like she was diggin it. Obviously because that's where you were. God love'em.

Shame on you for letting her run freely, that's bad for them from what I hear. Still can't believe that was/is an argument.

14, wow. Sorry for your loss man, I know what it's like. It was just me and Behr for pretty much the last 7 of his years. I still have ..."moments".

Reactions: 1 person
I'm growing habanero's, chocolate habanero's, jalapeños, and Bhut Jolokia, where I got the seeds straight from India! Same every year

I'm growing habanero's, chocolate habanero's, jalapeños, and Bhut Jolokia, where I got the seeds straight from India! Same every year

Awesome!

Care to share where you got the seeds? Do they have other super hot seeds available?

Just noticed this afternoon I have two of the four seeds I have in paper towels germinating have sprouted. I assume they will be okay a few more days in the paper towels to see if the others sprout too? They just sprouted between last night and this afternoon. What do you think?

Also, if you've successfully grown the BJ and read this thread, do have any advice or did you see anything I've missed? Any advice/suggestions are appreciated.

Three of the four sprouted, both reapers and one chocolate Scorpion. I planted all four, maybe the other scorpion will make it, if not no big deal. I really just wanted one each anyway.

Anyone else growing any? I know cali vol is. How's your doing Cali?

I've got two Ghost pepper plants, one not doing real well but the other is very healthy and has 4 peppers right now. I bought them in January and they were about 4 inches tall.

I also just received my Carolina Reaper and Chocolate Scorpion seeds and have two each germinating. I started them the 12th of this month. They say germination for super hots can take up to 3 weeks. I'm using the paper towel method and a heat pad hoping to cut down on the germination time.

Anyway, I'm just learning these are more difficult to grow than other peppers and vegetables. I've learned quite a bit, but still have many questions. Any tips are welcomed.

Here's my Ghost that's doing good.

View attachment 132578.

View attachment 132579

I like growing things and other than pictures, I've never seen any of theses super hot peppers. I think they look wicked and I want to grow some. I plan to create an awesome BBQ sauce too.

Oh, gotta do some ice cream just for Ill.

can you use the Chocolate Scorpions for Chocolate Ice Cream

Three of the four sprouted, both reapers and one chocolate Scorpion. I planted all four, maybe the other scorpion will make it, if not no big deal. I really just wanted one each anyway.

Yay.
I say this while expecting a bottle of hot sauce for Christmas. :)

Loooong story short.

I ordered 8 different types of pepper seeds on April 23rd. Including chocolate Habs. Still haven't received them. Since then I ordered 5 seeds each of Carolina Reaper and Chocolate Scorpions from a different place. Received them 4 days later. They've been germinating 7 days. Should know pretty soon if they are quality.

Hope the place didnt rip you off, thats a long wait

Hope the place didnt rip you off, thats a long wait

I've found out since ordering, this is typical from this supplier. According to a few others I've talked to on some pepper message boards, I may not get them until October (end of their season), but they seem confident I will get them and I will more than happy with the quality.

If not, oh well, I lost $14.85. My plan was to plant just a couple of each seeds for this season just to get some experience, then plant the rest for next season which for me begins in late December.

If I don't receive them by October, I hope this thread will provide some better options.

Yay.
I say this while expecting a bottle of hot sauce for Christmas. :)

I've talked about it with others in the Other thread, my first use of them is an attempt for the worlds best BBQ sauce. Well, in my opinion anyway. :)

I've talked about it with others in the Other thread, my first use of them is an attempt for the worlds best BBQ sauce. Well, in my opinion anyway. :)

No problem, I'm not picky at all.
Will start standing by my mailbox December 23rd. Love BBQ sauce also.

Pretty much fait imo.

Pretty much fait imo.

While fait is a real word, I find it odd that speech to text and a smartphone would choose it over fate given the sentence.

I'm easily amused.

Pretty much fait imo.

IF I get some good peppers this season and IF I create a BBQ sauce I feel is worthy, you shall receive a pint.

Just growing gypsy peppers and one Thai something or other that is supposedly somewhat hot. Hope they are doing well, I am in Florida and they are in Knoxville.

Awesome!

Care to share where you got the seeds? Do they have other super hot seeds available?

Just noticed this afternoon I have two of the four seeds I have in paper towels germinating have sprouted. I assume they will be okay a few more days in the paper towels to see if the others sprout too? They just sprouted between last night and this afternoon. What do you think?

Also, if you've successfully grown the BJ and read this thread, do have any advice or did you see anything I've missed? Any advice/suggestions are appreciated.

My girlfriend is a horticulturist who works for a large grower that supplies all over the globe. She actually ordered the seeds straight from India. I grow all of my peppers in containers. Just water and mildly fertilize when I do my garden. I think I have a few seeds left. If not, I will this fall.

I think I've found a good supplier for seeds, but I'm open to suggestions.

I now have 2 Carolina Reaper and 1 Chocolate Scorpion seedlings with 2 leafs each and 1 Chocolate Scorpion that just sprouted. All look healthy.

The Ghost pepper plant that I pruned down is looking good with new growth, but something is eating the leaves on the other one. From today's research, I'm thinking its either slugs or aphids. Gonna try dish soap.

I haven't heard that. I know they don't like a lot of water, like every 2-3 days is good.

a guy I work with grows some, nothing really exotic, but he has tires, lays down newspapers, then packs the inside of the tire with mulch, then dirt over the paper and then plants the peppers...

his jalapeno's are great, but he brought in some tiny red one, and they smoked everybody that ate one

a guy I work with grows some, nothing really exotic, but he has tires, lays down newspapers, then packs the inside of the tire with mulch, then dirt over the paper and then plants the peppers...

his jalapeno's are great, but he brought in some tiny red one, and they smoked everybody that ate one

What a good idea with the tires! Doesn't sound 'attractive' but very functional, especially for the peppers. From everything I've read, they like the soil to be very warm to hot. The tires would seem to help a lot.

All of mine are or will be in containers. I have to be able to move them around and bring them inside when it gets too cold.

VN Store

Back