Streaming Options for Watching Games (merged)

Don't wait til Saturday. Go on espn and try to watch something. Use this link below for Watch ESPN. Then login with your youtube TV account info.

Watch ESPN: Online Live Sports, Replays, Highlights
SEC+ works only when there is content available, which they do right now so I am good to go. Here is how to access sec+ if you have you tube tv.
Open espn.com. Click watch then browse,
Scroll down until you find SECNetwork+ on channels.
There is the schedule.
Assuming you have authenticated your YTTV.
Hat tip to phone support at espn who walked this old fart through the process

Last edited:
Reactions: white65
Tennessee vs Always Tough Akron Zips will air Tuesday at 11am on SEC Channel. Think I will lock myself in a padded room till then - which would be just like watching it LIVE on Saturday, right??

Set your DVRs now!!
If you are paying for (or have the password to) any service that provides the sec network, you can watch the game live on a computer. I'll be signing in through direct tv and I don't have any streaming services.

It is 2022 guys. If yall can post on a message board y’all can figure out how to stream a game. Thread making my head hurt.
But you have to be able to "Stream". Meaning quality internet. Not everybody has that even living within 30 miles from Nashville and can't get. Satellite internet is pretty worthless when it comes to streaming and all we are offered

But you have to be able to "Stream". Meaning quality internet. Not everybody has that even living within 30 miles from Nashville and can't get. Satellite internet is pretty worthless when it comes to streaming and all we are offered

The country can do better, if and when it wants to. I live in a rural area, quite a distance from the two closest major cities. Yet, back when we first subscribed to the Internet, it was 35Mbps. Despite refusing to budge after we quit first DISH, then much later, DirecTV, our connection is 200Mbps. So I don't see why folks living closer to a major metropolitan location can't get high speed service. My daughter lives deeper in the thickets farther south in the state. While her cell service seems hit or miss, her Internet and TV service is high speed, which makes even less sense to me.

One thing we notice is that our Internet only service is creeping up again. All while we are frequently bombarded with mailings to subscribe to bundled service, half what we pay currently. But recently, we got a letter offering Internet only for half what we currently pay. I'm suspicious it will be another bait and switch. You sign up then 1-2 years later, your jumps waaayyy up. So again, I think the country can do better if and when it wants to. Maybe when/if providers stop leeching, and making people pay premium prices for substandard service folks like you will get at least what you pay for.

Last edited:
Reactions: flint
The country can do better, if and when it wants to. I live in a rural area, quite a distance from the two closest major cities. Yet, back when we first subscribed to the Internet, it was 35Mbps. Despite refusing to budge after we quit first DISH, then much later, DirecTV, our connection is 200Mbps. So I don't see why folks living closer to a major metropolitan location can't get high speed service. Mt daughter lives deeper in the thickets farther south in the state. While her cell service seems hit or miss, her Internet and TV service is high speed, which makes even less sense to me.

One thing we notice is that our Internet only service is creeping up again. All while we are frequently bombarded with mailings to subscribe to bundled service, half what we pay currently. But recently, we got a letter offering Internet only for half what we currently pay. I'm suspicious it will be another bait and switch. You sign up then 1-2 years later, your jumps waaayyy up. So again, I think the country can do better if and when it wants to. Maybe when/if providers stop leeching, and making people pay premium prices for substandard service folks like you will get at least what you pay for.
Internet is still considered a "luxury" utility. Which is BS in 2022. Broadband providers don't have to service everyone in the area they have franchise agreements for. Power and landline phone do because they are considered "necessities". They need to flip landline and broadband in those regulations. It's hard to call landlines a necessity when almost no one uses it now. Even those that have landlines mostly aren't running on OG phone lines.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
If you are paying for (or have the password to) any service that provides the sec network, you can watch the game live on a computer. I'll be signing in through direct tv and I don't have any streaming services.

Just curious, can you record a game when it is streaming??

I used this link and hit the live now link.

It will open up a video box and when you click it, it will list several carriers. If your carrier is on the list, click on it and you get access. I have Directv and this is how I watch games on ESPN+

SEC Network

So I’m technologically illiterate. I have direct tv. I have the Sec network of course and the alternate channel. So what I’m asking is how do I watch the game? Do I need to do anything special?
try this (have an account on espn...)
log to espn.com
click on watch
click on browse
scroll down to channels
sec network+ is listed there
should be able to authenticate
I know nothing about TV or apps. Above works on my laptop.

Last edited:
So I’m technologically illiterate. I have direct tv. I have the Sec network of course and the alternate channel. So what I’m asking is how do I watch the game? Do I need to do anything special?
*Download the ESPN app on your TV
**Choose the game
You’ll be prompted to select DirecTV s as your provider
*Enter your DTV username and password
*Watch the game.

I have Dish network and I checked my programming for the game. The SEC network where I live has South Florida verses Florida on the lineup.:mad: And I live in Middle Tennessee! I do have 2 ESPN alternate channels and hope the game shows on one of those. I can't stream the game as I have satellite instead of cable with very slow download speed so that option is out. I guess we'll see when it gets close to game time. I do have an Amazon Fire stick so maybe I can pick it up on there. Any suggestions?
Go Vols

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols

Yes. Sell your kids. Put your spouse on a flight to Vancouver, take the credit cards but give $800 for food and hotel expenses, hurry back home to change the locks on the door just in case. Enjoy the day and the game later tonight.

I have Dish network and I checked my programming for the game. The SEC network where I live has South Florida verses Florida on the lineup.:mad: And I live in Middle Tennessee! I do have 2 ESPN alternate channels and hope the game shows on one of those. I can't stream the game as I have satellite instead of cable with very slow download speed so that option is out. I guess we'll see when it gets close to game time. I do have an Amazon Fire stick so maybe I can pick it up on there. Any suggestions?
Go Vols
Only option is streaming its not on any traditional broadcast. ESPN app on your firestick is how you would watch it. Or use your phone and stream it if your phone is better than your wifi. You can always call your internet service provider and upgrade for this month and that may help

Only option is streaming its not on any traditional broadcast. ESPN app on your firestick is how you would watch it. Or use your phone and stream it if your phone is better than your wifi. You can always call your internet service provider and upgrade for this month and that may help
I will see if my streaming only with no ESPN or cable account will work. First year as a cord cutter.

I have FUBO, and I have downloaded the ESPN app on there. I found the game but I will have to pay $9.99 per month. I can cancel anytime, so I suppose I’ll have to pay it, watch and the game, and cancel it? Would be like buying a ticket 🤷‍♂️
No you don't. Open the ESPN app then browse to "channels". Choose SEC+ and you'll see the game. When it goes live, select it. Then enter your TV provider(FUBO) and credentials. You'll get the game there when it's time. You don't need ESPN+ if you get the SECN on Fubo.

Use my approach- tell your kids dad will be out of your business for about 3 hours if you can get the game to play on the TV. Problem solved!

^^^^^ this guy understands.

I will see if my streaming only with no ESPN or cable account will work. First year as a cord cutter.

I stream any game not accessible from TV on YouTube....enter " Tennessee Akron Football" the search. Might have to try a handful before i get the correct stream...but i always find the game then wireless send it to my smart TV from my phone or tablet. FWIW, the users with Vietnamese names seem to be the good stream for whatever reason....

Hope this helps guys

Sit in chair with eyes open

Yep.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
try this (have an account on espn...)
log to espn.com
click on watch
click on browse
scroll down to channels
sec network+ is listed there
should be able to authenticate
I know nothing about TV or apps. Above works on my laptop.
This assumes you have service that espn lists...I have YouTubeTV
Nothing there until they start content.... it is currently streaqming the Missery vs somebody game.

Reactions: volahoma and RanMac

VN Store

Back