Streaming Options for Watching Games (merged)

Reactions: feathersax
Last edited:
I found often during last season and this baseball season that games listed as ESPN+ are not actually on the ESPN+ app that comes bundled with Hulu and Disney+, but instead on the ESPN app that you can connect to via, say, a Roku or XBox by using your cable service provider.

Why they list it that way is super confusing.

Clear as mud. It says I must have the espn app to get the sec + network.I have You Tube TV
The espn app is free. Just install it and login with your YTTV credentials. You can cast it from your phone to your TV, or if you have a smart TV just download the app directly to your TV. Or use firestick, Xbox, etc

The espn app is free. Just install it and login with your YTTV credentials. You can cast it from your phone to your TV, or if you have a smart TV just download the app directly to your TV. Or use firestick, Xbox, etc
This old fart has no smart phone. I had paid for espn+ subscription but cancelled it only last week.

I found often during last season and this baseball season that games listed as ESPN+ are not actually on the ESPN+ app that comes bundled with Hulu and Disney+, but instead on the ESPN app that you can connect to via, say, a Roku or XBox by using your cable service provider.

Why they list it that way is super confusing.
You can access ESPN+ from the ESPN app. Probably why they stated that.

Clear as mud. It says I must have the espn app to get the sec + network.I have You Tube TV
I have the exact same setup as you. Can't get the SEC alt channel on YTTV, so just get the ESPN app or go to ESPN.com and follow the directions and enter your YTTV credentials as your provider and you're good to go.

Reactions: FBtime
I have the exact same setup as you. Can't get the SEC alt channel on YTTV, so just get the ESPN app or go to ESPN.com and follow the directions and enter your YTTV credentials as your provider and you're good to go.

I don't think the SECNW is using that Alt channel this yr for some reason. Normally the TN game is one that would be shown there. I would like to know why they are not using it.

apps do not apply if I do not have smart phone.

I don't think the SECNW is using that Alt channel this yr for some reason. Normally the TN game is one that would be shown there. I would like to know why they are not using it.
I've never understood it either. Why have a slot for it if it's not going to be used? All TVs are "smart" now, so it's easy enough to just stream games on ESPN, but I don't really get it.

apps do not apply if I do not have smart phone.
Yeah . . . I saw where you watch via a laptop. Works the same way through the website. You'll be asked to choose your provider and you just choose YouTubeTV and enter your credentials.

Reactions: dono
I have TBSTV which has the SEC channel. I have never been able to get SEC+ or ESPN+ on any of my smart TVs or my apple MacBook Air m, my I pad, or my I phone.

I've never understood it either. Why have a slot for it if it's not going to be used? All TVs are "smart" now, so it's easy enough to just stream games on ESPN, but I don't really get it.

Beg to differ, sir. All TVs aren't smart. Shirley and I deliberately purchase dumb TVs because we don't trust smart TVs. We always shop for TVs that do not have smart features. We also cover the webcam on our laptops when not using them, which often we don't. We do have a ROKU Ultra, but use it with the microphone shut off.

Reactions: -GiveHim6-

VN Store

Back