Straight up, now tell me: win or lose?

I think we win in spite of Lyle and his staff of merry men.

I think we see a 17-13 type of game.

Florida's 2 biggest offensive threats will be out,unless we see a midnight miracle from the justice system in Gainesville.

I think we can get the run game going with Kelly and chandler.

I think we are better on special teams, if we can eliminate the dumb penalties.

I think we make enough plays in the passing game with Calloway.

We have to take care of the ball on offense and our DB's can't give up the big pass play.

I would stack the box and make their QB beat us.

I would come out on offense and try to hit some long balls on offense to open up the run game.

Our O-line appears to be improving, and indeed, our offense as a whole seems be gaining confidence and getting better traction as the season progresses. If I was on Florida's coaching staff, I would be closely studying last year's game film since whatever Shoop was doing seemed to work and I would expect more of the same. Regardless, after watching Florida's O floundering against Michigan, I think our D is adequate to win this game for us. Vols win.

Win.

My biggest concern is that Scott is going to go back to the "air it out" strategy of the 1st half versus GT. We play conservative and run the ball down their throats and don't make turnovers, I think we win.

Their offense is mediocre at best. They have no run game. We can focus on the passing game, apply pressure, and here's the most important bit --- put a spy on the QB --- since we have a history of letting Florida QBs run all over us.

Their best path to victory is to force turnovers. Which is precisely why I don't want to see us passing the ball 70% of the time. I'd much rather us be running 60%+ of the time. Force them to deal with John Kelly and our O-line. Don't bail them out with dumb INTs that allow their defense to score or give the offense a short field.

Reactions: 3 people
Through the years, I have found that Tennessee will find a way to let this one get away. I have also learned never put your money on Tennessee as well. In 4+ years, I have found that coaching has not been at the level to beat UF.

Our defense is suspect. Cannot believe that we were really going to play vanilla vs. GT and just hope for a win. Find it shocking that we could not set the edges vs. ISU and they continued to jet sweep against us. UF has more outside speed than both those two teams, so am not optimistic that we can contain. If I was UF, I would run 30+ jet sweeps and the remaining plays would be faking a jet sweep and running QB up middle.

Our offense will depend solely upon our OL and how they open holes for our running game and protect the QB for passing.

So, for UT to win, we have to reverse history and historical trends by protecting the QB, have a strong running game and stop the run. Those are three things we have not done a lot of in the past 2 years. That does not inspire confidence.

I love my Vols, and will root soundly for them to win. Last year they proved to me they can beat the Gators...but I will have to see them beat the Gators @ Florida before I believe that can happen.

Florida is a bad team. They got embarrassed by Michigan. That will motivate them to work harder. We have faced some adversities as well. With the extra game played by us, it gives us an advantage. The crowd will be small due to the weather, taking away that edge. Even when full they don't get loud like they used to. Who knows? Maybe they will rally around their team and crank it up. Even if they do, we will adjust fine, the Vols thrive on the noise.

Vols win.

Mods, please change the title to "Straight up, now tell me: are we going to win or lose to Florida?".

Oh oh ooohhh!

Win

BJ exudes confidence and is the baddest ass field General since Neyland. He does everything expected and more with his best team ever.

Well, I'm waiting for the BJ part to finally appear.

Easy UT win. Gators have just about given up and are ready to implode. The boo birds will be out in full force in Gainesville Saturday.

Reactions: 3 people
I really wanna say win but this just feels like one of those games the Vols do everything but win at the end.

Too much inexperience at QB and neither one of the lines instills any confidence that they can control the LOS.

Reactions: 1 person
Never, ever has a game set up better for UT. If you could pick two guys off an already shaky offense and say "okay, these two can't play v UT in order to help our chances" you'd pick Callaway and Scarlett.

In addition, Florida got worked in game 1 and looked awful and showed all sorts of flaws to which UT should take advantage of.

Then, you want distractions, oh baby does Florida have distractions. If the suspensions weren't enough, how about a hurricane ripping through 90% of your state and across your campus, causing you to cancel one game and have the UT game itself in limbo for 2.5 days.

And because of the second game getting canceled, UF loses valuable reps for its struggling offense and freshman DB's.

UT should be favored big. Having said all that, I have no idea who will win this game. I know I can't even imagine UF starting the season 0-2, but that's what we're faced with.

Reactions: 2 people
Vols will lead -- then a lightning delay and momentum shift to UF and then CBS loses the picture with 5 minutes left --- its a Florida jinx

VN Store

Back