Straight up, now tell me: win or lose?

Tennessee could win. I think they will win, but sadly it probably doesn't have the national relevance of the average ole miss/miss st game because neither team has even a remote chance of even influencing the national playoff.

Tennessee has very good chance at the playoff.

Everything is pointing to a TN upset (Hurricane distraction, anemic FL offense, suspended players), given all that FL wins 27-14.

Saw Titans were playing Jags this weekend as well. Rare weekend when both Vols and Titans win in the same weekend (only happened twice last year). I have more faith in the Titans winning than I do the Vols at this point. Gators are a lock.

Quarterback play will be pathetic. The newest worst Florida team to beat Tennessee, ladies and gentlemen...

Michigan came back to earth vs Cincy. I honestly don't believe UM's O is as good as UF made them look.

GT did the same with JSU. Their O didn't play nearly as well either in what they termed a "hangover game".

GT's O does not have the raw talent UM's does. OTOH, UM replaced practically everyone on D while GT returned almost everyone. UF was hapless on O no matter who played QB or RB. UT got into a groove in late 2nd qtr. GT couldn't stop them.

Just on the surface... UT looks to be in better shape.

UF probably could have used a cupcake to work out some of their QB issues. UT for whatever reasons was comfortable enough with QD to give "valuable reps" to the back up.... and to hold 1st rotation WR's out of the game to develop younger receivers.

IF... IF... UT sells out to pressure UF's QB's to the level UM pressured them then the Vols should win. If they try to play "catch" again on D... UF will "find its identity" on O. IF UT's OL holds the pocket and provides some running lanes then the Vol O will produce points.

I think this game comes down to the guys we aren't spending a lot of time talking about... both OL's vs both front 7's.
Pretty good breakdown. Of course other things like turnovers, special teams, secondary and o#ensive skill position play matter a lot. But, the vast majority of games are won or lost in the trenches. The team that controls the line of scrimmage, blocks, gets off of blocks and tackles the best usually wins. No matter how good the skill players are, they'll have a much harder time succeeding if you're not winning in the trenches.

Last edited:
Butch Jones is fricken scared to lose so he will keep JG on the bench and the VOLS will lose for the 8th straight time in Gainesville.

VN Store

Back