STOP with the Dormady needs to play stuff-

1SmokinVol

Dobbs is going to play over Dormady till Dobbs leaves !! Butch played Hurd all year when he was 3rd best RB on our team. Dobbs is 4th best QB on our roster in passing game- ITS the CBJ WAY

Reactions: 9 people
Be careful what you wish for. The guy behind the starter isn't always all-world.

Case in point: Nathan Peterman circa 2013

Reactions: 7 people
Put Worley In!!

Put Peterman In!!

Put Dobbs In!!

Put Dormady In!!

Put Guarantano In!!

Put Jones In!!

.........Did I miss Anyone?? My apologies if I did! :blink::blink:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Let me make this example to counter: Hmmm, rookie, first year Dak Prescott over always injured Tony Romo. How many Cowboys fans wants to see Romo back in when Prescott is winning, winning, winning? Very few, including the owner Jerry Jones, who said no need to hurry Romo back, but it's Jason Garrett's decision (but the inference is "Dak is winning, don't change unless we start losing).
So don't tell me back-ups can't win. Would Dormady be better than Dobbs? We'll never know unless he gets some decent playing time. One thing we do know is who the better passer is; anybody can hand the ball off. Just like USCe, the rest of our opponents will dare Dobbs to beat them passing (because they know he can't) so load the box; all they have to do is key on the RB or QB to stop the run.

Reactions: 10 people
CBJ just may be content with riding bebord, mahoney, and dobbs right outta Knoxville . Ride 'em cowboy! :question:

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sorry but even though Dobbs played piss poorly Saturday you don't bench the senior QB who got you to this point. When Dobbs plays like he is capable he is great. I think there was a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on Saturday which contributed to a poor offensive performance and most of it falls of coaches. Also Debord needs more creativity. It seems the middle of the field is not utilized enough to the TEs.

Reactions: 5 people
I stated this in another thread...passing wise, Dobbs is on par with last year. His current passer rating is 129.7, he finished last year with a 127. He has already tied his TD pass output from last year, however the INTs are doubled. His yardage has increased as well. Straight-lined out he should finished with about 23TDs, 16 INTs, around 2600 yds. Regarding rushing he had 438 yds through 8 games last year, this year he's at 320.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sorry but even though Dobbs played piss poorly Saturday you don't bench the senior QB who got you to this point. When Dobbs plays like he is capable he is great. I think there was a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on Saturday which contributed to a poor offensive performance and most of it falls of coaches. Also Debord needs more creativity. It seems the middle of the field is not utilized enough to the TEs.

Yeah I almost jumped out of my seat when there was an Ethan Wolf siting

Don't bench the QB who leads the league in Turnovers??? Butch, is that you?

Reactions: 5 people
I stated this in another thread...passing wise, Dobbs is on par with last year. His current passer rating is 129.7, he finished last year with a 127. He has already tied his TD pass output from last year, however the INTs are doubled. His yardage has increased as well. Straight-lined out he should finished with about 23TDs, 16 INTs, around 2600 yds. Regarding rushing he had 438 yds through 8 games last year, this year he's at 320.

He's not on par with last year. Completion percentage is down, TD:TO ratio is worse, he is on pace for more sacks as well.

Team Chemistry is important and benching the leader might not get positive results...

If everybody thinks a regressing Sr. QB that has approximately the same number of turnovers as touchdowns with a 57% completion rate that is getting worse every game with the bounce passes and sideways throws is what they need to finish the season - by all means keep him in. But shut the yaps when they lose a game or two more. The perfect opportunity to play QD and SJ is Saturday against TN Tech.

Reactions: 3 people
Dormady does need to start if they want a pocket passer.

So far this year they've tried to make Dobbs a pocket passer. He is just too inaccurate to be a pocket passing QB. If they want to play Dobbs use a scheme that utilizes his best attributes which are roll out passes, boot legs, lots of throws on the run, and a run/throw scheme that allows him to use his feet to his advantage.

Butch is extremely loyal to his QB. That's not always a bad thing, but he has made some poor QB decisions like starting Peterman at Florida after giving him 0 first team reps in prior games. Dobbs will continue to start, but I hope we can get Dormady some first team reps this season. The problem is that our games have been close, so we haven't had that luxury. I hope next year Butch will start whoever gives us the best chance to win and not be overly loyal to Dormady if he's not getting it done.

Reactions: 4 people
Be careful what you wish for. The guy behind the starter isn't always all-world.

Case in point: Nathan Peterman circa 2013

Amen. Remember just because the backup QB hasn't thrown an interception or had a fumble doesn't mean he's the best player on the team just means he hasn't played. Just so you know dontavius Blair hasn't given up one sack and his entire collegiate career. I know a lot of you think you're highly qualified but these coaches really do get paid to make these decisions.

Reactions: 3 people
Dobbs has been scoped out by the opposing defenses. They have figured out what it takes to make him ineffective and we can't adjust out of it because Dobbs is limited.

I would play someone else against TTU just to give KY and VU something to think about.

VN Store

Back