STOP with the Dormady needs to play stuff-

Hey fellas! I like Dobbs but you gotta admit...he sucks! Let's just be honest. Look at Hurt. Look at Bentley. Look at Delrio. All young guys outplaying Dobbs by leaps and bounds. What do we have to lose by starting someone that can accurately throw a football? It's not like they run Dobbs that much. Quit kidding yourselves...Dobbs just sux.
Yeah, I wish he had not gotten that holding call on that td run by whats his name.

how bout we rest up the big guns for the final stretch (as we can not endure any more injuries ala Ohio)

let the young and hungry feast and see what they have to offer.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Dormady and and Jones should get some playing time this week. We all know Dobbs is the starter but we should let the other guys get some meaningful snaps so we know what we are working with next year. Even if we don't put tech away by halftime I still think we should let the younger guys see how they play in a real game.

Reactions: 1 person
Be careful what you wish for. The guy behind the starter isn't always all-world.

Case in point: Nathan Peterman circa 2013

That's true, but if they had used Peterman other than sparingly in garbage time it might well have been apparent that Dobbs was the one they needed to be preparing as the backup. Regardless of how Dormady does in practice, he's still an unknown on the field in real game play with the real first team. The time to find out somebody's failings isn't when the starting QB goes out on a stretcher. The Peterman deer in the headlights look wasn't inspiring in the least.

We rotate most other players - QB should be a consideration; and, yes, I do get that every game has been a struggle - we were getting starters hurt all the way through the OH game. I also get that when somebody is having a miserable day that it doesn't necessarily apply to every player at that particular position.

Sure.

Why wait to see what next season holds?
It's not like Tennessee should struggle then again they shouldn't have lost to SC

Dobbs has been scoped out by the opposing defenses. They have figured out what it takes to make him ineffective and we can't adjust out of it because Dobbs is limited.

I would play someone else against TTU just to give KY and VU something to think about.

Funny how everyone thinks that another team's new freshman QB is our kryptonite without ever considering that a similar change on our part might be equally disruptive the other way. It's just a lot easier to prepare for a one trick pony.

"But? ALL of them said it. All of the time!" :unsure:

Hey, a couple of QBs in the backfield when one can run like Dobbs might make a defense take a fatal pause. Remember Jennings can catch and pass - that's a real triple option.

VN Store

Back