Stoops contacted...

You made me laugh out loud with that one, I will take your word for it brother, I have never been to Oklahoma.

Proof..the wind blows north all the time..look at the tree..
207547_1965632066817_836670_n.jpg

I took that in Moore, OK..a few exits up from Norman....feel the misery in the picture..know the plight of every OK resident..they all want to leave! At least thats what the chicks tell me there at Henry Hudsons and Night Trips.

Last edited:
Oklahoma where papa would put his hat against the outside wall when we came in for lunch and the wind would hold it in place until we were ready to go back to the fields!

Reactions: 1 person
Because of published reports that he contacted us through back channels and expressed interest.

Nobody ever thought Surrier would leave FL...

published reports? As in plural? B/c all I've seen is one article that says that the knoxville RADIO SHOWS quickly start announcing that Stoops had contacted us via back channels... Forgive me for being a skeptic, but any report whose reference is as vague as "knoxville radio shows" does not count as a legit source... Hell, based on the wording, they could have been referencing a caller who called in to a radio show and said that.

Secondly, Spurrier left for the NFL. Comparing his departure and Saban's departure to the Dolphins is similar, but to compare Spurrier leaving FL with Stoops leaving a top college footbal program where each year he is a win over Texas and 1-2 other good teams away from competing for the national championship is quite silly....

Stoops would be a great hire. If Gruden and Stoops were both realistic, I may be tempted to take Stoops. You know what you will get with Stoops and Gruden would prob be great but there is that chance that he wouldn't and with the money he would want if he didn't work out then you can say bye to TN football for a long time IMO.

Hyams just reported on the Kingsport Sports Monster that Bob Stoops is a good possibility to be our next coach...therefore we can cross his name off the list

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I love comints. Made by the county mint company. On a brighter note, Hyams knows as much as Dooley into who is replacing him.

I don't get the Bob stoops thing. He is already a college coach at one of the premier schools. The only thing he doesn't have now is a great conference and maybe he likes it that way

OU friend of mine mentioned this on fb yesterday. apparently some of their boards are discussing this. still baffles me as to why he would want to come here

OU friend of mine mentioned this on fb yesterday. apparently some of their boards are discussing this. still baffles me as to why he would want to come here

More likely that he ends up at Tech IMO

new challenge? Coaches do have big egos and at some point get tired of the same old routine. Maybe he wants to play bama and florida every year instead of just texas?

I think it would be wise not to get too carried away with the rumor mill at this point. I like that Hart said he would be looking for a proven head coach and not an "up and coming" coach. I believe he fully understands how critical this hire is to the welfare of the football program and the financial stability of athletics overall since football is the big "cash cow" of college athletics.

VN Store

Back