Stoops contacted...

Didn't Oklahoma extend his contract after the TX game this year? I highly doubt he is a possibility.

He's not...He just built a multimillion dollar mansion in norman...I will almost guarantee he won't be leaving there to come to UT....Besides he has it made there, no reason to relocate and start over....Makes no sense

I don't know if it is true or not. I had not heard nor read that anywhere until this.

I am confused by your reply... A reporter reported that it was reported...so uh...whatever.

Anybody else hear it anywhere?

Jimmy Hyams said it this morning. He mentioned Gruden, Stoops, and Mora Jr. Hyams said Stoops had made contact through back channels.

Hyams said that UT is very interested in Stoops. He also said talks with Gruden cooled some once they found out about Stoops and his interest.

Stoops is a good coach, but he's underperformed with the talent he's had. I mean, don't get me wrong, if he lands here, I'll be happy.

But I'd much rather have Gruden. Any of Stoops/Peterson/Patterson/Mora Jr. would be my #2 realistic choice.

For what it's worth, Gruden would be better than Stoops based on name recognition alone, which would translate into more recruiting success, IMO.

I think Gruden has a bigger up side. Jimmy acted like its a no brainer and would take Stoops. Granted they are both options.

He's not...He just built a multimillion dollar mansion in norman...I will almost guarantee he won't be leaving there to come to UT....Besides he has it made there, no reason to relocate and start over....Makes no sense

Just like it makes sense for gruden to do the same thing? I dont think we get either of these two. I also think there is going to be alot of disappointed fans when we dont hire gruden.Jmho

Stoops is a good coach, but he's underperformed with the talent he's had. I mean, don't get me wrong, if he lands here, I'll be happy.

But I'd much rather have Gruden. Any of Stoops/Peterson/Patterson/Mora Jr. would be my #2 realistic choice.

147–36 = under performed? NC in a decade+ of SEC dominance?........

Stoops is just trying to get a raise out of Oklahoma, he knows the Vols are tired of losing and will offer big money for a proven coach.

Ever tried golfing in Oklahoma? It sucks. Unless you are hitting north your shot will be garbage. Trust me, any potential route out of Norman gets consideration.

Ever tried golfing in Oklahoma? It sucks. Unless you are hitting north your shot will be garbage. Trust me, any potential route out of Norman gets consideration.

You made me laugh out loud with that one, I will take your word for it brother, I have never been to Oklahoma.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back