Starting 3 WRs now

Don't Pig, Pearson, and Smith all play in the slot? If so you would only have one of them listed as a starter I would think

Since we're discussing WR, what's the word on Josh Smith?

Is he going to be the one hit, flying leap wonder?

Why do you say that? He looked really good before getting hurt last year. No reason to think he won't just pick up where he left off.

BGSU:

Starters: North, Pearson, Malone
Two-Deep (will play): Smith, Johnson, Jennings
Three-Deep (unlikely to play): Perry, Blanc, Gamble

Injured/Suspended: Howard, Croom, Williams

EDIT: LWS, get outta my head :good!: I swear I was already in the editor writing this when your post musta hit. :)

SECOND EDIT: And I just realized that I shoulda put Perry on the injured list. No effect on playing time, I don't think, but there it is.

If you just wait you can copy and paste :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
my guess will be Johnson,North,Malone. Azzani stated Johnson is one of the best players on the team, and with pearson being suspended for so long i think the coaches want him to earn his spot back. So I believe Johnson over Pearson

North just now coming off an injury. No chance at him being there.

Pearson, Jonathan Johnson, and Malone

I am glad to hear that Malone is coming around. Between himself, Jennings, and Williams the WR future certainly looks bright. Three game breakers right there with size and speed to burn.

According to Swain, Josh Smith has a lot of work to do. Still recovering physically and has lost a step, partially because he's just put on too much weight ....up to 216lbs from 195-200 last season. I thought he looked like a stretch Armstrong doll when I saw him at the Open practice....looked like a fullback or linebacker, not a WR. I doubt he starts anytime soon based on what Swain has said about him. Sounds like North, Malone, Pig, Johnson, Pearson and Jennings are all ahead of him.

Why do you say that? He looked really good before getting hurt last year. No reason to think he won't just pick up where he left off.

I was just asking because I remember the awesome play he made back when but I hadn't heard much about him recently.

According to Swain, Josh Smith has a lot of work to do. Still recovering physically and has lost a step, partially because he's just put on too much weight ....up to 216lbs from 195-200 last season. I thought he looked like a stretch Armstrong doll when I saw him at the Open practice....looked like a fullback or linebacker, not a WR. I doubt he starts anytime soon based on what Swain has said about him. Sounds like North, Malone, Pig, Johnson, Pearson and Jennings are all ahead of him.

Thanks for the update KB. I guess he struggled with his weight during his recovery and the off season.

Also, our starting 3 right now would be:

Pearson
Malone
North

Next in:
Smith
Johnson
Jennings
Williams

Throw in Pig and Croom when they return and it's a pretty decent group.

I literally believe there are at least 4 receivers there that could be the no1 on almost any other sec team. We're absolutely jacked at wr!

I literally believe there are at least 4 receivers there that could be the no1 on almost any other sec team. We're absolutely jacked at wr!

Yeah man. I'm loving all the talk of Malone having a great fall. Him, North, Von, Pig, and pretty much everyone else. Gonna be scary.

Concerning Croom, how long is the typical recovery for a knee scope? I couldn't find anything online other than they just stick a tube in their leg but it does say it is surgery.

I was just asking because I remember the awesome play he made back when but I hadn't heard much about him recently.

Thanks for the update KB. I guess he struggled with his weight during his recovery and the off season.

Swain said he's really bulked up, to his detriment actually. Up to 216 lbs. Said he really hit the weights during his injury rehab time and that the extra weight has cost him a step in speed....a step that he needs to compete for significant playing time with the thoroughbreds like North, Pearson, Malone and Jennings that we have at WR

Last edited:
I'm being we're going to be seeing more 4 WR sets this year because of the talent we have. It is going to be interesting.

Yeah man. I'm loving all the talk of Malone having a great fall. Him, North, Von, Pig, and pretty much everyone else. Gonna be scary.

Concerning Croom, how long is the typical recovery for a knee scope? I couldn't find anything online other than they just stick a tube in their leg but it does say it is surgery.

You know what they say. The only MINOR surgery is one that somebody else is having.

I'm being we're going to be seeing more 4 WR sets this year because of the talent we have. It is going to be interesting.

Our TE and 2nd RB aren't looking too shabby either. So, who knows.

On thing is for sure ... This sure it's a bootiful thang.

VN Store

Back