Star Wars: Rebels (Disney+)

When I woke up this morning the 2 newest episodes were on my prime account (That is how I buy the seasons). Both episodes were really good.

I’ve only watched one so far and I almost came to tears.

Probably two of the most emotional episodes in the whole show with the other one being the Trials of the Darksaber.

The showdown of Asoka and Vader at the end of S2 was pretty emotional if you followed those two in Clone Wars. When Anakin’s voice came though when he said her name it gave me chills.

The showdown of Asoka and Vader at the end of S2 was pretty emotional if you followed those two in Clone Wars. When Anakin’s voice came though when he said her name it gave me chills.

Yea that was a good one too kinda forgot about that one. I tend to associate seasons 3 and 4 with being a bit more adult

They really aren't wasting any time with these episodes. Tonight was two more really good ones and next week is the series finale.

They really aren't wasting any time with these episodes. Tonight was two more really good ones and next week is the series finale.

I thought the second half was supposed to be 4 weeks?

At the end of the 2nd episode last night the trailer said prepare for the series finale and it looks like they are scheduled for an hour and a half next week.

Just watched this weeks. Jesus this show is emotional. Had to relive the Ahsoka/Vader confrontation and Kanan’s death again. Good grief I’m a 40 year old man lump in my throat watching a cartoon.

Reactions: 1 person
Aside from the time travel this is how you Star Wars, perhaps Rian Johnson needs to watch Rebels? I still haven't made up my mind on Ezra living or not. The episode summary for "Family Reunion & Farewell" says he "surrenders to and confronts a greater evil."

I think everyone knew from the start Kanan would die but being a kids show will Disney/Filoni really kill him off?

Time travel was something new to Star Wars but it was handled in a cool way. I was hoping Ahsoka was going to come through with Ezra to Lothal.

I always thought that the Mortis arc in Clone Wars was one of the strangest and really pushed the Force as something of almost unlimited power.

On a side note, I’ll join the Internet chorus that the Death Troopers have really had their mystique quashed on this show. They seem just as inept as regular Stormtroopers.

Time travel was something new to Star Wars but it was handled in a cool way. I was hoping Ahsoka was going to come through with Ezra to Lothal.

I always thought that the Mortis arc in Clone Wars was one of the strangest and really pushed the Force as something of almost unlimited power.

On a side note, I’ll join the Internet chorus that the Death Troopers have really had their mystique quashed on this show. They seem just as inept as regular Stormtroopers.

They didnt actually do a whole lot in Rogue One either tbh. Its a shame too because they are probably one of the coolest (maybe THE coolest addition) to the canon and they just suck in this show. They still look badass as hell though.

Last edited:
I really hope Ezra goes into hiding and doesn't just die off. I still think they will try to do another cartoon between episodes 6 and 7 and I wouldn't mind seeing old Ezra.

Isn’t Ezra just a year or two younger than Luke?

I wonder if he ends up on Mortis somehow.

The series as of late seems to be retconnning the concept put forward in Episode 8 of "deeper understanding of the Force." With Bendu and and the late mention of Mortis with the Father, Daughter and Son, it appears the series is trying to explain it's not always about light and dark.

I do like how they've left an opening for Ahsoka in the future. Though I'm not sure how they would bring her back in.

Umm, no.

Sad to say, but Abrams and Johnson aren't the droids he is looking for. The screenwriting team for Rogue One is who he needs to be approaching.

I think he means he stays in touch with where the films are going so he doesn’t stray to far to left field with his prequel stories.

Honestly, Lucas was grooming Filoni as the heir apparent. He knows Star Wars better than anyone. He should be in charge of the of the bigger picture IYAM.

Saw a rumor the other day that the next show would be called Star Wars: Resistance. It makes sense that this would be the next step for a tv series. Hopefully it will give some answers about the sequel era because we sure as hell haven't gotten them from the movies.

Last edited:
I think he means he stays in touch with where the films are going so he doesn’t stray to far to left field with his prequel stories.

Honestly, Lucas was grooming Filoni as the heir apparent. He knows Star Wars better than anyone. He should be in charge of the of the bigger picture IYAM.

Agree.

Kinda sad when I'm more entertained by a 22 minute kid's cartoon than I am the silver screen, big budget films.

So apparently the spoilers were true that I read. What did everyone think of the finale?

VN Store

Back