Star Wars: Rebels (Disney+)

Well, just saw the season 3 premier, nothing earth shaking yet. You can tell though that they are laying the ground work for something big,

Maul episode was good. Hope the "he lives" isn't about Savage though. That character was weak.

Decent episode. Wedge seemed a little young for the timeline. They probably should have done more to demonstrate his skill as a baddass pilot too.

They are building Thrawn up for a bruuuuutal take down of the Rebels. He keeps letting them have their little wins. Only going to make the fall that much more devastating.

They are building Thrawn up for a bruuuuutal take down of the Rebels. He keeps letting them have their little wins. Only going to make the fall that much more devastating.

They really have to create the Rebel Alliance by the end of this season IMO for it to be believable. Sure right now I can still believe in the scattered and disorganized resistance cells but I this season is two years before the Battle of Yavin I think. I really can't see the Alliance being barely a year old by the time A New Hope starts. It had to be going on a little more than that to be considered a legit threat by that Imperial officer on the Death Star.

They really have to create the Rebel Alliance by the end of this season IMO for it to be believable. Sure right now I can still believe in the scattered and disorganized resistance cells but I this season is two years before the Battle of Yavin I think. I really can't see the Alliance being barely a year old by the time A New Hope starts. It had to be going on a little more than that to be considered a legit threat by that Imperial officer on the Death Star.

Wedge seemed awfully young for it to be just 2 years out..... but then again Luke seemed older than 19 too.

Something to consider too is the opening scroll to EpIV says the Rebels had just won their first battle against Empire, which will be detailed in Rouge One. Meaning they are mostly just escaping skirmishes before hand.

Maul episode was good. Hope the "he lives" isn't about Savage though. That character was weak.

Well we got the answer to this and it makes much more sense how distraught Maul was last time. It looks like we will be taking a trip to Tattooine in the near future. My guess is this is left dangling until the season finale.

Thing is, Maul knows where to go. He's been there before. Ezra and Kanan still have a little detective work to do. I'm sure they will both end up there at the same time though.

The more I think about it though.... How did Leia know where to take those plans in Episode IV? This could tie up some loose ends.

Now... will "He" tell Ezra and Kanan about "him"?

Last edited:
The more I think about it though.... How did Leia know where to take those plans in Episode IV? This could tie up some loose ends.

Her adopted father Bail Organia knew Kenobie took Luke to be with his family on tattooine and was going to watch over him. I assumed he told her to go there.

Her adopted father Bail Organia knew Kenobie took Luke to be with his family on tattooine and was going to watch over him. I assumed he told her to go there.

Was that expressly stated to him? I honestly don't remember. Seems like he would t have told anyone exactly where he was going.

I think it was, it seems like one of the last scenes in episode 3 was yoda, kenobie, and organa standing around saying something like "my wife and I will take the girl" and kenobie saying "I'll take luke to the Larrs" I think. Or I might have just imagined it. It's been for ever since I watched it.

But about Rebels, I think the story is going great. I just don't know how it is going to tie into everything else. I don't want to think of my son's reaction if they kill everyone off in the near future.

I think it was, it seems like one of the last scenes in episode 3 was yoda, kenobie, and organa standing around saying something like "my wife and I will take the girl" and kenobie saying "I'll take luke to the Larrs" I think. Or I might have just imagined it. It's been for ever since I watched it.

I remember the scene but I don't recall exactly what was said. He may have mentioned where he was going.

But about Rebels, I think the story is going great. I just don't know how it is going to tie into everything else. I don't want to think of my son's reaction if they kill everyone off in the near future.

I know... I feel like Kanan and Ezra have to either die before Episode IV. Kinda takes the shine off Luke being the last Jedi if there was already two others in the Alliance.

Yeah they have to die, or something. Like you said it would kinda take away from Luke being the last/first new Jedi. Maybe they just have a falling out with the Rebel Alliance and go their separate ways? I could maybe see that. Not having to kill them off, but still getting them out of the picture.

‘Star Wars Rebels’: Forest Whitaker To Reprise Saw Gerrera Role In Season 3

‘Star Wars Rebels’: Forest Whitaker To Reprise Saw Gerrera Role In Season 3

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story star Forest Whitaker will reprise his role of Rebel freedom fighter Saw Gerrera in Season 3 of Disney XD’s hit animated series Star Wars Rebels.

Whitaker will voice the character on Star Wars Rebels: Ghosts of Geonosis, Parts One and Two, premiering Saturday, January 7 on Disney XD.

“It’s an incredible honor to have Forest Whitaker play Saw in ‘Rebels,'” says series executive producer Dave Filoni. “Forest did a great job at capturing Saw in a way that is a bit mad, a bit crazed, a bit afraid, but also a bit sympathetic. He sees something coming, but no one will take action before it’s too late.”

The character of Saw Gerrera was first introduced in the TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008-2015) as a guerrilla fighter for his home planet. Created by George Lucas, Saw received training from the Jedi – Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ahsoka Tano – and served as an early harbinger of the Rebel Alliance, an assortment of disparate groups coming together to fight for a common cause.

Seems like a no brainer to bring him in. Most have no idea he originally appeared in clone wars.

I hope they bring the Cassian character to the show as well. I think it would help to flesh out his back-story as a rebel intelligence officer. Judging from how excited Diego Luna has been throughout the process I don't think it would be hard for them to convince him to do voice work.

I hope they bring the Cassian character to the show as well. I think it would help to flesh out his back-story as a rebel intelligence officer. Judging from how excited Diego Luna has been throughout the process I don't think it would be hard for them to convince him to do voice work.

As curated as the franchise is right now, wouldn't surprise me if they were waiting for feedback on all the characters before deciding what to do with them next.

Saw being an exception since he came from the previous cartoon series.

Holy Crap!!

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 - Mid-Season Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upN-7ALj2OU[/youtube]

Returns Saturday, January 7th!

Reactions: 1 person
Holy Crap!!

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 - Mid-Season Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upN-7ALj2OU[/youtube]

Returns Saturday, January 7th!

The trailers get me so pumped up but sometimes the show moves at a snails pace. Thankfully the good episodes are THAT GOOD.

I guarantee that Obiwan/Maul showdown doesn't happen until the season finale.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back