Star Wars: Episode VIII (December 15, 2017)

A couple of Nerdist news videos about it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCsxJbnz4Wk[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewgonTn9zp0[/youtube]

And because Jessica Chobot.

1i86uo.jpg

Episode IX: We Found One More Jedi

LOL .... I always thought Luke was the last. Then the expanded universe stated adding more in left and right. Then they wiped it out. Then they added more in Rebels.

So this is all about a Force Fart... got it

Didn't Mail have the "high ground" on Obiwan in TPM?

One line of thinking is that Obi Wan tells Anakin not to try it because he has been in the same position vs Maul that Anakin is faced with. Basically, Obi Wan wins the duel because of experience. He is prepared for Anakin's maneuver.

Meh, like most things with the prequels, the climactic fight between Obi Wan and Anakin should have been better.

One line of thinking is that Obi Wan tells Anakin not to try it because he has been in the same position vs Maul that Anakin is faced with. Basically, Obi Wan wins the duel because of experience. He is prepared for Anakin's maneuver.

Meh, like most things with the prequels, the climactic fight between Obi Wan and Anakin should have been better.

Most of the duel was pretty good. Just that last part was weak.

Ha!

I always took that exchange as master and student knowing each other's moves so well they were twirling around looking for an opening but neither gave one. Kinda like when they went for the Force push at the exact same time.

Ha!

I always took that exchange as master and student knowing each other's moves so well they were twirling around looking for an opening but neither gave one. Kinda like when they went for the Force push at the exact same time.

The issue I take with this duel is there's just too much unnecessary movement. In a real fight, it's done with minimal movement. It's like the difference between watching a martial arts sword demonstration and an actual sword fight. Watch the sword fight in Rob Roy. Now that's how you properly choreograph a realistic sword fight.

The issue I take with this duel is there's just too much unnecessary movement. In a real fight, it's done with minimal movement. It's like the difference between watching a martial arts sword demonstration and an actual sword fight. Watch the sword fight in Rob Roy. Now that's how you properly choreograph a realistic sword fight.

True, but it's Star Wars. It's not meant to be choreographed like a medieval sword fight. These are extremely acrobatic Jedi with the ability to use the force.

Okay, slightly off topic here but I'm in an argument with a co-worker that simply must be won...

He is insisting that there is a disturbance in the force and a major continuity error exists and has been allowed to fester in the galaxy far, far away. I have an explanation but he's not buying it. I am looking for other opinions.

In Episode VI (Return of the Jedi - released in 1983), Luke asks Leia if she remembers her mother. She responds that her mother died when she was young but was "Very beautiful. Kind... but sad." Luke then tells her that he has no memories of his mother and that he never knew her. Now, in Episode III (Revenge of the Sith - released in 2005) we see that Padme dies during childbirth. I just think that the Organa's never told Leia that she was adopted. Her memories are of the person she was raised to believe was her mother (Queen Breha - Bail's wife) who was probably sad because of all the unrest and war within the galaxy.

What are your thoughts? Continuity error or not?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Okay, slightly off topic here but I'm in an argument with a co-worker that simply must be won...

He is insisting that there is a disturbance in the force and a major continuity error exists and has been allowed to fester in the galaxy far, far away. I have an explanation but he's not buying it. I am looking for other opinions.

In Episode XI (Return of the Jedi - released in 1983), Luke asks Leia if she remembers her mother. She responds that her mother died when she was young but was "Very beautiful. Kind... but sad." Luke then tells her that he has no memories of his mother and that he never knew her. Now, in Episode III (Revenge of the Sith - released in 2005) we see that Padme dies during childbirth. I just think that the Organa's never told Leia that she was adopted. Her memories are of the person she was raised to believe was her mother (Queen Breha - Bail's wife) who was probably sad because of all the unrest and war within the galaxy.

What are your thoughts? Continuity error or not?

Just tell him..These are not the conclusions you are looking for. :) Seriously though, that does sound feasible, but I don't really know in the EU when Queen Organa was supposed to have died.

Just tell him..These are not the conclusions you are looking for. :) Seriously though, that does sound feasible, but I don't really know in the EU when Queen Organa was supposed to have died.

Leia was 19 when Alderaan was destroyed by the Death Star.

VN Store

Back