Star Wars: Episode VIII (December 15, 2017)

I watched it for the second time today. The second viewing was definitely better and more enjoyable for me. Sure I still have my gripes with it but it’s not as bad as I and others make it out to be. It’s going to be interesting to see how time treats TLJ.

Retroactively hating Star Wars movies. A tradition since Return of the Jedi.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not going to crucify you but I'll say I can't see how a long time fan can say that.

My favorite of the original trilogy has always been ROJ. I just liked it more as a kid. I enjoyed the prequels for what they were, and I didn't try ad read too much into it. Same for the new series. I'm entertained, don't know what is going to happen, and every emotion is hit. That's worth the price of admission for me, even if there are some areas in the movies that don't add up. I'm ok with that.

Reactions: 1 person
My favorite of the original trilogy has always been ROJ. I just liked it more as a kid. I enjoyed the prequels for what they were, and I didn't try ad read too much into it. Same for the new series. I'm entertained, don't know what is going to happen, and every emotion is hit. That's worth the price of admission for me, even if there are some areas in the movies that don't add up. I'm ok with that.

I think a lot of older fans are expecting Lord of the Rings level of world building and more sophisticated story telling. That is not what Star Wars has ever been. Not in the movies anyway, which is the source material in this case.

I think a lot of older fans are expecting Lord of the Rings level of world building and more sophisticated story telling. That is not what Star Wars has ever been. Not in the movies anyway, which is the source material in this case.

But that doesn't mean it CAN'T be! Just because we forgave it in 1977 doesn't mean it should be forgiven in 2017.

Saw it earlier today and I'm in the crowd of it's not the best, but certainly not the worst. Don't wanna spoil anything for anyone, but the First Order has some awesome weapons.

I agree with the “not great but not terrible” takes. Saw it today and enjoyed it for the most part. I agree with the poster who said it’s just time to enjoy these things for what they are. The new stuff simply isn’t going to replicate that feeling we had as kids. Don’t overthink it, just go in with an open mind and enjoy yourself.

Personally, I didn’t like it quite as much as TFA, but I liked it more than all of the prequels and probably even ROTJ.

Given the general “everywhereness” feeling of the last two movies, part of me wishes they’d let somebody like Christopher Nolan do one of these movies just to **** with people lol

Per Box Office Mojo: The first 3 day take...

Domestic: $220,047,000.00
Foreign: $230,000,000.00
$450,047,000.00

This movies are quite a cash cow.

I left details in the spoiler thread, but this movie is not good. I might rank it ahead of AOTC, but there are plenty of holes and negatives to argue it as the worst.

I'M MARY POPPINS!

Reactions: 2 people
I left details in the spoiler thread, but this movie is not good. I might rank it ahead of AOTC, but there are plenty of holes and negatives to argue it as the worst.

I'M MARY POPPINS!

Yeah..wtf was up with that scene?

I'M MARY POPPINS!

Conversely there is plenty to rank it middle of the pack as well.

The hyperbole of worst ever is just as silly as anyone claiming best since ESB (or better).

I get why some may not have liked the way somethings went down or were/weren’t answered post TFA.

If you are going to poke holes in the plot or space physics in Star Wars then the original trilogy is equally guilty.

VN Store

Back