Star Wars Battlefront 3 (PC, PS4, X1) game play trailer set to unveil on 04/17/2015

I know it says x1 on the title, but I haven't seen anything suggestion it was on the x1. Only seen ps4 stuff for this game. It's it a mutli platform game?

I know it says x1 on the title, but I haven't seen anything suggestion it was on the x1. Only seen ps4 stuff for this game. It's it a mutli platform game?

It's on X1, PS4, and PC but apparently Sony has the marketing edge for it, much like they had for Destiny and will have for Batman Arkham Knight.

I don't understand why. That kinda sucks

I'll reserve judgement until I play it or read reviews. The main thing the article talks about are the AT AT segments of the game, which you don't fully control the AT AT's movements, but rather focuses you on manning the laser cannons. Besides, full freedom does not always equal more fun. AT AT's are slow and clunky. I can't imagine they'd be all that fun to pilot anyway. Remember this was a design choice for a reason.

You could pilot the AT AT in Battlefront 2. While not the greatest thing since the wheel, it was fun.

My excitement has been tempered a little, especially with the news of no space battles. I liked the original concept that Battlefront 3 had, where you could from space battles to atmosphere and even ground battles. But I guess that was too difficult to do.

Reactions: 1 person
You could pilot the AT AT in Battlefront 2. While not the greatest thing since the wheel, it was fun.

My excitement has been tempered a little, especially with the news of no space battles. I liked the original concept that Battlefront 3 had, where you could from space battles to atmosphere and even ground battles. But I guess that was too difficult to do.

If DICE had been given the proper amount of lead time for this game they could have easily implemented those things. However I'm sure they're under pressure to get it out this year to coincide with the movie release. Knowing EA, we'll probably get all those thing via paid DLC.

If DICE had been given the proper amount of lead time for this game they could have easily implemented those things. However I'm sure they're under pressure to get it out this year to coincide with the movie release. Knowing EA, we'll probably get all those thing via paid DLC.

I have heard there could be up to 5 DLCs.

Screen-Shot-2015-06-10-at-3.55.58-PM.png

The DELUXE EDITION unlocks 5 in-game items: DL-44 blaster, Ion Grenade, Ion Torpedo, Ion Shock, Victory

Visit classic planets from the original STAR WARS trilogy, detailed with an unprecedented amount of realism and sense of authenticity that will transport you to a galaxy far, far away
Experience amazing digital replicas of the original STAR WARS movie models, brought to lifelike fidelity by DICE’s use of photogrammetry technology
Engage in epic battles on iconic planets including Hoth, Endor, and Tatooine. Also, bring the fight to the previously unexplored planet, Sullust.
Pilot a diverse set of ground-based vehicles including nimble speeder bikes, massive AT-ATs, and more

Play as some of the most memorable characters in the STAR WARS universe including Darth Vader and Boba Fett
Encounter a variety of beloved characters from the original trilogy such as C-3PO and R2-D2
Pilot the Millennium Falcon, X-wings, TIE fighters, and more of your favorite vehicles in exhilarating aerial combat
Battle alongside your friends online or in offline split-screen Co-op mode
Seamlessly swap between 1st person and 3rd person views

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/06/st...ers-available/

I don't know how I feel about the whole shooting-from-the-hip thing though... That's why I never cared for Halo's multiplayer (I just cannot shoot worth a damn haha).

I get that they want to stay true to the roots of the early 2000 Battlefronts, but it is going to be hard to go back from aiming-down-sights in 1st person shooters and over-the-shoulder aiming in 3rd person shooters...

“Freedom doesn’t always equal fun” :biteme:

I don't know how I feel about the whole shooting-from-the-hip thing though... That's why I never cared for Halo's multiplayer (I just cannot shoot worth a damn haha).

I get that they want to stay true to the roots of the early 2000 Battlefronts, but it is going to be hard to go back from aiming-down-sights in 1st person shooters and over-the-shoulder aiming in 3rd person shooters...

Yeah, that's garbage. Should at least be an option to do one or the other. Looked good though.

Looks pretty cool...................

Havent read a lot on it, but I'm hoping there are at least some fighting in space with the TIEs and Xwings

Looks pretty cool...................

Havent read a lot on it, but I'm hoping there are at least some fighting in space with the TIEs and Xwings

Already confirmed that all the battles are planetary. No space battles unless its released as DLC down the road.

I would pay for a DLC that had space battles...........would be pretty cool if they did it right. Still, the trailer looked pretty boss and will be a day one purchase for me

The more I learn of this, the more it just seems like a quick EA cash-in.

This is just gonna be Battlefield with Star Wars textures and skins. EA puts out **** product nowadays and this will not be the exception.

This is just gonna be Battlefield with Star Wars textures and skins. EA puts out **** product nowadays and this will not be the exception.

I kind of feel bad for DICE, but they knew exactly what they were getting into by climbing under the EA umbrella.

VN Store

Back