Staley Seeking Waiver For T'ea Cooper

I'm just glad dawn was stupid enough to take Davis out of the game late against UT. imho, that helped lose the game for them.

Davis didn't play well at all for SC. Shot 37.5% from the field. Also shot 6-27 in two Final Four games. I don't think that helped them win the NC.

Her lockdown defense on Brittany McPhee and Victoria Vivians helped us win a national championship. She held McPhee 3-15 shooting in the semis and Vivians 5-17 in the championship game. Prior to SC Davis couldn't play D worth a lick but Dawn definitely turned that around.

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldnt be one bit surprised if she never plays there at all. She has a real attitude problem...missed games last year, starts fights and diamond as a role model isn't much better. Both seem to be rather full of themselves and have a lot of growing up to do. I have a feeling she isnt a rock star in the classroom either. Seriously she was a major disapointment as a freshman, a year of recovery, if she was dedicated, still won't knock the rust of what was subpar play for South Carolina. If she has to sit, which would be a huge injustice if she doesn't, I bet she takes her sneakers and bolts to Europe where she will have a rude awakening about real life. She will never be an asset to South Carolina in my opinion. I am so happy the Diamond Tea days are behind us. Was it Diamond who filmed the fight, I would bet money on it!

Nope, DD was not the cameraman.

Speaking on @DishNSwish, Dawn Staley now says @GamecockWBB won't submit a waiver asking to let Te'a Cooper play immediately until December

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe Te'a needs to get her grades up first...that could be a reason for the delay.

Maybe it’s more likely that she will get cleared to play for SEC season rather than a complete whole year... so it makes her look like she served some time sitting out for transferring but in reality she will have only missed she wil miss 10 games but get to play 19 plus post season... pretty good turn of events for her if approved 🤔

If tea spent as much time studying as she did making creepy Instagram stories, she would be on the Deans List. I cannot imagine dawn staley is happy with that silly behavior

Reactions: 3 people
Davis didn't play well at all for SC. Shot 37.5% from the field. Also shot 6-27 in two Final Four games. I don't think that helped them win the NC.

Teams don't fall out of bed in the morning and find themselves in final fours. They have to play their way there. Davis averaged 15.5 PPG for the NCAAT and shot 42%, despite what you posted.

I've never seen a player for any team average 16 points per game in 6 games for the tournament, and yet NOT help their team. Can you think of another player to add to your opinion of Davis, men's or women's? I would be interested to read your response...

Reactions: 4 people
Maybe it’s more likely that she will get cleared to play for SEC season rather than a complete whole year... so it makes her look like she served some time sitting out for transferring but in reality she will have only missed she wil miss 10 games but get to play 19 plus post season... pretty good turn of events for her if approved 🤔

However the events with Jessica Shepard getting approval to play immediately may make Staley change her mind. Shepard hasn't sat out any year, and started most of Nebraska's games last season: she was their star player, no less. She hasn't spent any more time at Notre Dame than Cooper has spent at USC....

Let them approve it! So that when the Lady Vols play the SC the freshmen can welcome her!

A reason wasn't given, maybe because without her they would only have 8 healthy players for the start of the season.

Other teams have started off with 7/8 players to start the year. I def did not feel bad for them as they 4 MCD all Americans of those 8... they also had two walk on players which knocked their numbers up to 9 ... so 5 starters and 4 subs! Then they will get Westbeld back before conference season so that gives them 5 all Americans and 10 healthy bodies without Shepard. Just a bad precedent set.

Reactions: 2 people
what was the reason for letting her play now?

Her previous coach resigned amid controversy, and there was a lengthy investigation into her treatment of players at Nebraska. The NCAA pretty much always grants waivers in cases that like. Happens all the time.

Her previous coach resigned amid controversy, and there was a lengthy investigation into her treatment of players at Nebraska. The NCAA pretty much always grants waivers in cases that like. Happens all the time.

Same thing happened at Duke with Azurá Stevens and she had to sit out. The girls that transferred from Kentucky all had to sit out amid mistreatment claims. So that’s 5 players right there the NCAA said no too wait your time! If you read Shepard’s actual comments she said she wasn’t going to reach her “basketball goals” at that school and there were no real issues. So that doesn’t fit this circumstance.

Yeah, but she had a chance to transfer right after that and decided to stay at the school with a new coach.

VN Store

Back