Stackhouse out at Vandy

I’m thinking they’ll probably hire Dan Hurley instead, he’s a hot name too!
Because FAU and Connecticut are the same level programs. 😴 Am I going to get a modicum of smartazz effort from you today?

I think it will be Mack or Dusty May. Mack’s daughter signed to play volleyball at VU this fall.
Mack I can see. May can practically have his pick of the litter of any open job. Ohio State is still open. Unless there are some skeletons in his closet we don't know about, I've an extremely hard time seeing him jumping at a Vandy opportunity with much nicer options on the board.

Last edited:
Mack I can see. May can practically have his pick of the litter of any open job. Indiana and Ohio State are still open. Unless there are some skeletons in his closet we don't know about, I've an extremely hard time seeing him jumping at a Vandy opportunity with much nicer options on the board.
Indiana isn’t open. Mike Woodson is coming back next year.

Not saying it's going to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if Stackhouse eventually becomes a good coach at a better school.
What happens when your first rodeo is at Madison Square Garden. Learn to take tumbles in Tulsa and get ready.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
They had some of their better, homegrown players transfer out on them in Jordan Wright and Stute. It was also a really strong year for the SEC.

Both Dennis Gates and Mussleman who had success in this league struggled this year as well. I don't think it's indicative of those coaches as much as it says about the strength of the league and the need to have strong NIL backing.

I think a coach with with private city school experience would fit Vandy basketball. Maybe a former Big East coach. I think they can get someone better than Stackhouse. They have to at least try. He was given plenty of opportunity and couldn't get it done.

Last edited:
I think a coach with with private city school experience would fit Vandy basketball. Maybe a former Big East coach. I think they can get someone better than Stackhouse. They have to at least try. He was given plenty of oppurtunity and couldn't get it done.
Mack meets all of that criteria.

From Coach of the year a year ago to jobless Way too fast. faced with a mass of injuries in this league of champions Stack couldn't break through with enough Ws to hang on.
Who will they get who is an improvement?
Too bad
He can coach. It's just Vandy and the leaders at Vandy does not do much for any sport there except baseball.

VN Store

Back