Stackhouse out at Vandy

Candice is clueless. She made a typical woke hire. Stack is a good coach in a bad school, he claims candy has no nil program. Time for them to get the boot from the sec.they bring nothing to the table.

I’ve spent a couple minutes trying to make heads or tails of this.

Stackhouse was a typical woke hire, but is a good coach?

When has a "woke" hire ever worked out...and I don't know enough about the Stackhouse hire to say one way or the other? You base your decision on anything other than performance and fit and you deserve what comes. As for him being a good coach, he might be. Some have commented on his sets/plays. Still, that's just a fraction of what makes a great coach. Does he relate to kids? Will they give their best for him? Can he recruit? In a way his hire reminded me of our fans tendencies to clamor for a former UT player when we have a staff opening. Like being a great player always means you will be a great coach?

Reactions: Wireless1
When has a "woke" hire ever worked out...and I don't know enough about the Stackhouse hire to say one way or the other? You base your decision on anything other than performance and fit and you deserve what comes. As for him being a good coach, he might be. Some have commented on his sets/plays. Still, that's just a fraction of what makes a great coach. Does he relate to kids? Will they give their best for him? Can he recruit? In a way his hire reminded me of our fans tendencies to clamor for a former UT player when we have a staff opening. Like being a great player always means you will be a great coach?
Vandy and Stack both had the same attitude, their name would attract the talent....we've found out that's not the case.....I wonder if either of them realize it yet.....

Reactions: CAVPUT

It really reveals what they're trying to say here. If a black man and a white man are equally qualified for a job but it goes to a black man, it's automatically a "woke hire".

good pro development coach, bad hire as he had no college experience. the wokeness comes from Candice as she also was unqualified for her position.

By that logic, why doesn't the NFL kick the Jets out?
They can't by contract, but they could form a new league if it was worth it to them and not ask the Eagles to join. Very soon players will be employees with multi-million dollar long term contracts. The schools with huge investments and huge revenues are not going to split those revenues with schools that don't. This is why schools are changing conferences right now, money. Soon they will realize that schools of equal size can form their own conference and cut out all of the schools who don't. Money controls all actions now.

Mizzou brought back most of their talent from a team that went to the round of 32 last year, and Arkansas had on paper one of the most talented teams in the country, and were a trendy pick preseason to go to the Final Four. I don’t think NIL was the source of their woes this year. It’s clearly a problem at Vandy though, for them to lose talent to conference rivals.
Basketball and football. Must be depressing for Vandy fans.

Reactions: knoxvol52
They can't by contract, but they could form a new league if it was worth it to them and not ask the Eagles to join. Very soon players will be employees with multi-million dollar long term contracts. The schools with huge investments and huge revenues are not going to split those revenues with schools that don't. This is why schools are changing conferences right now, money. Soon they will realize that schools of equal size can form their own conference and cut out all of the schools who don't. Money controls all actions now.
I don't argue that revenue sharing is being and will be argued on many fronts. But I think many are doing Vandy a disservice. They may not compete in SEC football at the time, they are not a substandard athletic program. They would be more than competitive in a G5 conference. I remember people saying a couple years ago that Alabama could beat an NFL team. No way, the worst NFL team would whip the best college team. The best G5 schools would be less competitive in the SEC than Vandy. Vandy belongs in the SEC.
We may be able to whip our little brother regular but little brother would whip pretty much everybody else in the neighborhood.

I don't argue that revenue sharing is being and will be argued on many fronts. But I think many are doing Vandy a disservice. They may not compete in SEC football at the time, they are not a substandard athletic program. They would be more than competitive in a G5 conference. I remember people saying a couple years ago that Alabama could beat an NFL team. No way, the worst NFL team would whip the best college team. The best G5 schools would be less competitive in the SEC than Vandy. Vandy belongs in the SEC.
We may be able to whip our little brother regular but little brother would whip pretty much everybody else in the neighborhood.
All true but money rules the day now and the big schools who invest in players can't afford to split the revenues with schools that don't earn. A lot of sports will suffer because football rules. Vandy keeps their split of the revenue and plays no part in the draw, who is going to watch Vandy play MSU in football except the players parents? The coaches can see this coming, and they are complaining but right now, but touching the player money is the 3rd rail. Its a ridiculous situation but thats where we are.

All true but money rules the day now and the big schools who invest in players can't afford to split the revenues with schools that don't earn. A lot of sports will suffer because football rules. Vandy keeps their split of the revenue and plays no part in the draw, who is going to watch Vandy play MSU in football except the players parents? The coaches can see this coming, and they are complaining but right now, but touching the player money is the 3rd rail. Its a ridiculous situation but thats where we are.
You are correct, deals are going to be reworked for sure. I believe the names will stay the same for the most part. They may call today's Demon the same name but it isn't the Dodge Demon of 1970.

Slow on my part. Bring in a Vandy guy who dislikes Tennessee. Like bringing in a Bama guy to help UT.
I gotcha… I doubt he dislikes Tennessee, buddies with Barnes and now doesn’t coach for the instate rival. And he would potentially even be in an off the court role. That last part is my pure speculation. But at most he’d be an assistant, so he couldn’t do damage like Pruitt as a HC.

I gotcha… I doubt he dislikes Tennessee, buddies with Barnes and now doesn’t coach for the instate rival. And he would potentially even be in an off the court role. That last part is my pure speculation. But at most he’d be an assistant, so he couldn’t do damage like Pruitt as a HC.
hmmm. Up the dress code?

Reactions: Rockytop10nessee

VN Store

Back