Spain vs US for Gold

No. I clearly said my not watching had nothing to do with the athletes or anything like that.

Well, you missed seeing TC and 11 other extraordinary women play basketball. But if you are not a Women's Basketball Fan, it is easily understood.

Reactions: 1 person
True, but you missed the play of 11 other talented athletes. IAC, I don't get it. You are a WBB fan, but don't watch the most talented team ever. Is this a Vol thing? Must be.

Ed you think maybe I may be sitting next to a hospital bed tending a bed-ridden wife and that maybe just maybe I consider that a tad more important?

Reactions: 5 people
(disclaimer) Parker should have been on the team and Catchings should have played more minutes in all the games especially the GOLD game

Thank you. Discussions with UConn fans would be so much more productive if there were more like you who could admit there was the slightest chance that maybe, just maybe St. Geno could be at fault for once...

I am a WBB fan, first and foremost. As for Geno, I have never met him and do not know what kind of a person he is in real life. His players love him, and he a proven coach with a spectacular record. He is a man, not a saint, a basketball coach. He is not my friend, he is not my father. The amount of hate for him here borders on the pathological.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm just wondering why this damn troll is so angry and bothered because people didn't watch. it's sitting here acting like people was supposed to put everything on hold because of an Olympic sports team get over it unlike you people do have far more important things to do with their time and if all of you UConn fans can't stand the fact that people don't like Geno then stop coming here. if you want all things Geno and UConn praise and worship then just go to your own forum this is the LadyVols forum and we will continue to do and say what we want. UConn fans aren't innocent either so stop trying to act like a victim. y'all hate everything Tennessee and also have had negative things to say about the Late great Icon Legend Pioneer CPS and Tennessee's players especially Parker so stop with the bullcrap. you can dish it out but you can't take it don't throw rocks and hide your hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I am a WBB fan, first and foremost. As for Geno, I have never met him and do not know what kind of a person he is in real life. His players love him, and he a proven coach with a spectacular record. He is a man, not a saint, a basketball coach. He is not my friend, he is not my father. The amount of hate for him here borders on the pathological.

No,first and foremost,you are a geeno sycophant who is trolling the Lady Vol forum to castigate posters on here. Go back to the boneyard.

Reactions: 3 people
No. I clearly said my not watching had nothing to do with the athletes or anything like that.
you should have said your wife was bed-ridden early on... you lead us on implying that it was because of Catchings/Parker then you drop the hammer cause it seemed rather silly to not watch anything Olympics-related (but can post on a message board)... guilt got the best of you then you finally came clean.
Well done!

BTW hope all works out for you guys

hey D choc, they have this new thing in hospitals now called "internet access" for patients and people visiting their loved ones.

up yours!

Last edited:
... you lead us on implying that it was because of Catchings/Parker... guilt got the best of you...

I never lead you on you assumed. I never felt one bit guilty. By the way there are TVs in the hospitals also, I still never watched any of the Olympics.

I never lead you on you assumed. I never felt one bit guilty. By the way there are TVs in the hospitals also, I still never watched any of the Olympics.

OK, already... you have proven that you don't care about the LV's or WBB. . . Is there another point you want to make?

OK, already... you have proven that you don't care about the LV's or WBB. . . Is there another point you want to make?

Well,coach jumper,I did not expect such a sarcastic tone from you to LVJeff who clearly stated that there were more important things for him to do rather than watch the Olympics. And this makes him not a fan? Perhaps you could change your post to make it from "coach jumper to conclusions". The sarcasm was not merited to someone who has proven to be a Lady Vol fan. And,by the way,neither did I watch any of the Olympics. It makes me no less a fan of the Lady Vols.

What if I am a WBB fan? Will the name-calling for not watching begin anew?

Ed you think maybe I may be sitting next to a hospital bed tending a bed-ridden wife and that maybe just maybe I consider that a tad more important?

I didn't watch one single second of any of the Olympics. You gonna' whine about that and call me names?

There was a baseball game on last night, I didn't watch it.

There was a whole lineup of TV shows and movies broadcast last night. I didn't watch any of those either.

What names are you going to call me for choosing not to watch those shows?

Sorry, but seemed that everything LVJ wrote was just about being argumentative. . . Initially he should have clarified he was in a hospital room with a sick someone, instead of jumping on everybody in the room and explaining after the fact.

Some of us actually scheduled our viewing of the BB games. I DVR'd every one available. And watched each game start to finish.

Reactions: 2 people
Coach J: I have been an LV basketball fan since 1975 when my ailing, elderly father asked me to drive him to Knoxville to watch a game and see the new coach - Pat Head. The "argument" if you choose to call it that is from UConn fans who think I didn't watch the Olympics due to the Parker/Geno issue and who also name-call when they find I didn't watch.

As a side comment, I don't really understand why posters read threads they don't care about or aren't interested in. The thread has been here a while. Either don't read it or put me on ignore. I'm not offended by that - it's what the tool is for.

Not trying to pick a fight G.
Sorry to anyone I offended

Your sarcasm was misplaced in talking to lvjeff whether or not he gave a reason for not watching. Your statements seemed to indicate that your life revolves around women's basketball and that's okay. But there are those fans that basketball revolves around their life. Some times it's good to think things through in these circumstances. Now for all of us,it's Go Lady Vols!!

Coach J: I have been an LV basketball fan since 1975 when my ailing, elderly father asked me to drive him to Knoxville to watch a game and see the new coach - Pat Head. The "argument" if you choose to call it that is from UConn fans who think I didn't watch the Olympics due to the Parker/Geno issue and who also name-call when they find I didn't watch.

As a side comment, I don't really understand why posters read threads they don't care about or aren't interested in. The thread has been here a while. Either don't read it or put me on ignore. I'm not offended by that - it's what the tool is for.

LVJ, I obviously care about what is in this thread, or I wouldn't have posted in it several times. I don't put anyone on ignore because it doesn't allow me to see what they wrote.

As you know, there are posters like me who truly care about the LV's and then there are those who troll, still others who just love to argue.... I am still trying to learn who is who.

No offense meant, Sorry I reacted so hastily.

VN Store

Back