Spain vs US for Gold

Tennessee has not signed a marquis player since 2004 and there doesn't seem to be anyone in the near future. If Parker doesn't make the 2020 team it might be a long time before another UT alum plays in the Olympics.

All UT LV's need is one season of dominance to put the fear back into our foes hearts.

It needs to be THIS season!

Tennessee has not signed a marquis player since 2004 and there doesn't seem to be anyone in the near future. If Parker doesn't make the 2020 team it might be a long time before another UT alum plays in the Olympics.

Not sure what a "marquis" player is, but it's pretty clear as long as Geno and his "opinions" are involved in USA basketball it doesn't matter how many marquee players Tennessee produces....

Reactions: 4 people
I just don't see it this way (Geno A. trying to put Tamika down). Tamika I'm sure doesn't see it this way.

I wouldn't be so sure Tamika doesn't see it that way, she just has far too much class to say anything about it.

Where's Harvey when you need him..... ?

OK, VolNation, who represents UT in the next Olympics (Besides Candace)?

I know four years is a long ways away, but I can't imagine why Candace would want anything to do with USA Basketball for the remainder of her playing career after this experience (regardless of whether Geno is the coach). And frankly, it would be hard to blame her...

I know four years is a long ways away, but I can't imagine why Candace would want anything to do with USA Basketball for the remainder of her playing career after this experience (regardless of whether Geno is the coach). And frankly, it would be hard to blame her...

I think Candace would put honor and integrity over vengeance. Though, a sweeter revenge would be to play the next one and excel.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Candace would put honor and integrity over vengeance. Though, a sweeter revenge would be to play the next one and excel.

The problem is Candace is now well aware there is no honor and integrity in USA basketball. She already has two gold medals, and look how USA basketball rewarded her for her years of service.

It's not about vengeance, it's about moving on (like she did after only 3 years of playing at UT)...

He gave Catchings short minutes in London during the same period of time she was putting together a MVP season.

They have made a big deal of the 3 players getting their 4th golds in the media. Candace would have been that player in Tokyo. Breanna will likely accomplish that feat if she stays healthy.

There has never been a player for USA basketball that played a huge role on the previous team, still was playing at elite status and then got denied a spot on the team. One of the most popular players in the world and her style of play more than any other has the ability for cross over appeal and all that equals a missed opportunity to grow the game. The team was awesome and fun to watch and I rooted for them of course but it was hard to not think about Candace on the floor. Diana and Candace probably played as well together as any other inside out duo because of their time together in Russia. The two best players in the world would have even bigger thing of beauty.

Candace and Nneka will both be big parts of the next Worlds and Olympics if Geno is no longer the coach. Especially Nneka who is starting to separate herself from half the players on Team USA.

I am guessing neither will play. They already decided re CP, there is no going back either way. I feel Nneka may go and play for their Dads country with Chiney as I don't see Chiney making the team.

I am guessing neither will play. They already decided re CP, there is no going back either way. I feel Nneka may go and play for their Dads country with Chiney as I don't see Chiney making the team.

I disagree. "They" (the committee) didn't decide anything. "He" (Geno) did. This was obviously his call all the way. These are big 'ifs' but if Candace wants to play in 2020 and Geno is no longer the coach and she is healthy (and also not pregnant) and playing the way she is now... she will be in Tokyo... and that will confirm what just went down for Rio.

I just had to try to upload this image. First, I despise this man...but thought we could have some fun coming up with some good captions for this photo. And please do mention something about what the guy standing behind him might be doing!!

Attachments

• BG&GA.jpg
    BG&GA.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 3
I just had to try to upload this image. First, I despise this man...but thought we could have some fun coming up with some good captions for this photo. And please do mention something about what the guy standing behind him might be doing!!

Looks like a coach that is really excited for his players after they did something really, really cool!

Very proud of Team USA!

Reactions: 3 people
Well you showed ' em. Didn't ya' "wuteva"

Not rooting for the USA because of personal hatred just shows the type of person you are. Right Gule?

And not picking the best player for the team because of personal hatred shoes the type of person Geno is.

Reactions: 2 people
All the players on this years team were proud to play for Geno and represent the U.S. Hopefully he will return 2020!

While I am sure that all of the players were on the team were proud to represent the USA, I am curious, did you speak to each of them individually to determine if they were proud to play for Geno, as opposed to, say, any other coach who might have been named to lead the National Team?

Jim

While I am sure that all of the players were on the team were proud to represent the USA, I am curious, did you speak to each of them individually to determine if they were proud to play for Geno, as opposed to, say, any other coach who might have been named to lead the National Team?

Jim

I'm sure Catchings would have preferred to play for a different coach. Namely, one who would have played her longer than 6:33 in the gold medal game.

VN Store

Back