Spain vs US for Gold

Certainly not. Your post speaks for itself.

There was a baseball game on last night, I didn't watch it.

There was a whole lineup of TV shows and movies broadcast last night. I didn't watch any of those either.

What names are you going to call me for choosing not to watch those shows?

Reactions: 4 people
I watched bits and pieces of the gold medal game. Not because I was disturbed with Geno or the fact hat he was the National Team coach, but for the same reason that I seldom watch more than a minute or two of the WNBA season. I think that the WNBA is trying too much to emulate the NBA. They have taken the game of basketball and turned it to something that I simply have no desire to watch.

And, since the Olympics turned their back on the principle of amateur sports, I have petty much written them off, as well. About the only professional sport that has stayed true to its original concept and rules is Major League Baseball and I became so put out by the greed in major league sports that I haven't watched an MLB game since the players went on strike in back to back years!

I guess I deserve a name, too!

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
I watched bits and pieces of the gold medal game. Not because I was disturbed with Geno or the fact hat he was the National Team coach, but for the same reason that I seldom watch more than a minute or two of the WNBA season. I think that the WNBA is trying too much to emulate the NBA. They have taken the game of basketball and turned it to something that I simply have no desire to watch.

And, since the Olympics turned their back on the principle of amateur sports, I have petty much written them off, as well. About the only professional sport that has stayed true to its original concept and rules is Major League Baseball and I became so put out by the greed in major league sports that I haven't watched an MLB game since the players went on strike in back to back years!

I guess I deserve a name, too!

Jim

You watched the commercials, not the game.

This was one of the historic runs for the Women's USA Team. Crushing opponents often drawing comparisons to the original "Dream Team."

No matter who played, who didn't and who coached them,,, It was awesome to see the domination of the Americans.

No, you didn't see any of this game.
No way.

Reactions: 4 people
As far as I know I still have freedom of choice when it comes to what I watch for entertainment. I didn't watch any of the Olympics, I mean anything. I didn't watch swimming, gymnastics, volleyball, track and field, nor basketball. It wasn't because I had anything against the athletes or Brazil or anything like that. It's that in my advancing years it just doesn't interest me anymore. I think I have the right to make that choice.

But just to be clear, there's only one reason people on this board were called names for not watching the Olympic Women's Basketball team. And we all know what that reason is.

Reactions: 2 people
While I am sure that all of the players were on the team were proud to represent the USA, I am curious, did you speak to each of them individually to determine if they were proud to play for Geno, as opposed to, say, any other coach who might have been named to lead the National Team?

Jim

Here are some possible answers (in words and photos) from 4 team members who didn't go to UCONN:

Brittney Griner:

Olympic gold puts Griner in exclusive company

Elena Delle Donne:

How Elena Delle Donne’s Year Away From Basketball Led To Her Becoming WNBA MVP

Angel McCoughtry:

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/FR1RT4/uni...gel-mccoughtry-r-jumps-on-the-back-FR1RT4.jpg

Seimone Augustus

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/865...25697Z.1_20150512165932_000_GNJAP30RJ.1-0.jpg

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...=hkJmAn2OySJmE-_vwER2Gzym1k5siYVQKbAGiZQB3Ag=

Reactions: 5 people
While I am sure that all of the players were on the team were proud to represent the USA, I am curious, did you speak to each of them individually to determine if they were proud to play for Geno, as opposed to, say, any other coach who might have been named to lead the National Team?

Jim

Here's a couple of quotes from non UConn players . . .

Griner "I knew I was just going to grab him and pick him up off the floor,'' Griner said. "I couldn't wait to do it. It was amazing. He's the best coach ever. He's awesome, and he brings out the best in me,"

Delle Donne “I’m thrilled to be playing for the greatest coach in the world and to get that opportunity again, for life to come full circle, is pretty crazy,” Delle Donne said. “I feel like I learn something new from him every single time I speak to him or in practice.”

McCoughtry "He's a great coach. If he told me the sky was red, I'd believe him. That's how good he is."
McCoghtry and Auriemma go back a ways to when she was playing for Louiseville in the Big East. They were a mutual admiration society.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
No one was required to watch the Olympics it was by choice not by force. i watched some of the Olympic sports and i enjoyed Swimming and Track & Field the most and i did not want them to end. so freaking what if someone didn't watch? it's not a big deal.

i'll praise his coaching but i'm not going to sit here and worship and praise everything about him the way some of these UConn trolls wants us to do(mainly talking about the entitled brats that cry every time someone says they don't like him).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Here's a couple of quotes from non UConn players . . .

Griner "I knew I was just going to grab him and pick him up off the floor,'' Griner said. "I couldn't wait to do it. It was amazing. He's the best coach ever. He's awesome, and he brings out the best in me,"

Delle Donne “I’m thrilled to be playing for the greatest coach in the world and to get that opportunity again, for life to come full circle, is pretty crazy,” Delle Donne said. “I feel like I learn something new from him every single time I speak to him or in practice.”

McCoughtry "He's a great coach. If he told me the sky was red, I'd believe him. That's how good he is."
McCoghtry and Auriemma go back a ways to when she was playing for Louiseville in the Big East. They were a mutual admiration society.

I think I was aware of those quotes when I made my post. My point, and I thought it was fairly clear, was that it is very unlikely that you would have heard any public comment, and please note that I said "public comment", from any of the players about their national team coach - other than laudatory praise - if it had been Joe-**** the Ragman instead of Geno Auriemma. And I seriously doubt that any of the posters on here proclaiming the "love" that the players have/had for Geno have had any private conversations with any of these players regarding their respective feelings. And, no, I'm not saying that any of the players hate him, either.

Jim

I've never denied Geno's coaching ability. As a person, however, he's a complete scumbag, and he further proved that with the Candace Parker situation.

As far as I know I still have freedom of choice when it comes to what I watch for entertainment. I didn't watch any of the Olympics, I mean anything. I didn't watch swimming, gymnastics, volleyball, track and field, nor basketball. It wasn't because I had anything against the athletes or Brazil or anything like that. It's that in my advancing years it just doesn't interest me anymore. I think I have the right to make that choice.

But just to be clear, there's only one reason people on this board were called names for not watching the Olympic Women's Basketball team. And we all know what that reason is.
so you rather sit on a message board and pout about everything not Orange? that's weird, not calling you weird just that behavior you're displaying. no Bolt, Felix, Biles, Shotput, cycling, tennis... come on, dont punish yourself like that.

(disclaimer) Parker should have been on the team and Catchings should have played more minutes in all the games especially the GOLD game

so you rather sit on a message board and pout about everything not Orange? that's weird, not calling you weird just that behavior you're displaying. no Bolt, Felix, Biles, Shotput, cycling, tennis... come on, dont punish yourself like that.

(disclaimer) Parker should have been on the team and Catchings should have played more minutes in all the games especially the GOLD game

Why would you think he's pouting? The Olympics were great! If LVJeff wasn't watching, I imagine it's because there was something better going in his life. Personally, I enjoyed the hell out of Bolt, etc, that you mentioned. I also tuned in to wbb to see Tamika play, but mostly watched her sit on the bench, or join the huddle in a timeout, where DT & Sue would pat her on the back, as if to say, "Great job on the bench! Keep it up!" It made me wince and I had to quit watching wbb. bleh.

But I appreciate that you stick up for Candace & Tamika in this situation. You can see where we're coming from.

VN Store

Back