Sources: Boise's Chris Petersen to Arkansas Tuesday

People don't really believe this, right? There is zero chance Chris Petersen leaves Boise for Arkansas. None. Zip. Nada. Period.

Exactly. They will end up with Dykes, Anderson, Taggert, McIntyre or an assistant. Maybe even Fedora. Dooley is available

I mean, you can't fault Arkansas for shooting the moon, but if they keep doing this with every really good coach they won't have a hire until late January.

Exactly. They will end up with Dykes, Anderson, Taggert, McIntyre or an assistant. Maybe even Fedora. Dooley is available

I have met a few people from Arkansas. I would say he could "school" them on shower etiquette and it would be an immense help for them.

I don't believe this but if it does turn out to be true I will be upset to say the least. If Arky lands him and Harts only going for mid-level coaches or his buddies (Fisher and Smart) then it will just prove that hes in over his head ever worse than Dooley was.

I call BS...if Petersen goes ANYWHERE and I mean ANYWHERE it would be Oregon...because he played there...or some other west coast school...Arkansas would never enter into the equation.

Peterson is not leaving due to his special needs child that requires medical attention all of these special needs for children are not easy to get re-started again....trust me I have a special needs child.

Peterson is not leaving due to his special needs child that requires medical attention all of these special needs for children are not easy to get re-started again....trust me I have a special needs child.

I've heard his kid is doing better and it's no longer a big issue.

I call BS...if Petersen goes ANYWHERE and I mean ANYWHERE it would be Oregon...because he played there...or some other west coast school...Arkansas would never enter into the equation.

Do you think coaches only change schools for their alma mater or something?

He's not going to stay at Boise State forever. He'll eventually bite on a better offer.

Petersen played for and got his coaching start at Cal-Davis. He doesn't have a special needs kid. He is not a scientologist. And he will never coach at Arkansas.

They have been calling Peterson for over a week over here. They also had hired Gundy, Patterson, and Gruden. We shall see. I hope it's a googler, ie, a name you have to google. I hate Arkansas!

not to be insensitive, you said its not easy to get restarted. Though i would imagine with the resources available to him, IE=money,postion he would have.IT would be a little easier, for him than just a every day person.

I'm no insider, I don't follow them, and IdK who the sources are, but this would be awful to me. I was under the impression Petersen didn't want to leave. He's #1 on my list of coaches that I want here, and it's going to upset me if Arkansas is able to get him.

I'm with you. He will be scary good in the SEC if this is true.

VN Store

Back