Sources: Boise's Chris Petersen to Arkansas Tuesday

Petersen is going no-where. He owns that conference every year and can win handley (83-8). Always gets some of the best recruits in that area for the school. His pay is modest at around $2 million but get's bonuses. He has little pressure on him compared to coaches in the SEC and even the Big 12. Plenty of schools have gone after him in the past and who in the world thinks Arkansas can do what others have failed to do?

Petersen is going no-where. He owns that conference every year and can win handley (83-8). Always gets some of the best recruits in that area for the school. His pay is modest at around $2 million but get's bonuses. He has little pressure on him compared to coaches in the SEC and even the Big 12. Plenty of schools have gone after him in the past and who in the world thinks Arkansas can do what others have failed to do?

What conference? Boise can't figure out what conference they want to be in :p

I said this before but it bears repeating...Arkansas and Auburn fans are going through exactly what we are. Rumors, innuendo and very few actual facts. Getting sick of this reeeeaaaaaal quick...

Breaking. Supposedly, Coach Petersen will be introduced tomorrow night at Bud Walton Arena, in Fayetteville, during the OU/AR basketlball game, followed by a welcoming press conference on Wednesday.

The good news is, we won't have to wait long to see if this is a crock of bull squeeze or not.

Breaking. Supposedly, Coach Petersen will be introduced tomorrow night at Bud Walton Arena, in Fayetteville, during the OU/AR basketlball game, followed by a welcoming press conference on Wednesday.

The good news is, we won't have to wait long to see if this is a crock of bull squeeze or not.

I'd be shocked.

What conference? Boise can't figure out what conference they want to be in :p

The Boise State Broncos football program represents Boise State University in college football and compete in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) of Division I as a member of the Mountain West Conference. On December 7, 2011, it was announced that the Broncos would join the Big East Conference as football only members as of July 1, 2013 and will be sharing a division with Memphis, SMU, Houston, San Diego State, and Temple

Boise State Broncos football - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It may not be Petersen - but - prepare to have your mind blown!

My best "Flounder" impression: "Oh boy! This is great!"

Last edited:
:hi:!

I like checking in with you guys once in awhile. Great Vol message board - best one IMO.

Besides, you're my favorite SEC team in the East. Tough season for both of us.

We'll see if Long will install a "No Harley", clause in our new hire's contract.

It's nice to see some classy and sensible conversation with fans from rival school/teams. Good luck to you guys in your search as well norcalhog.

Does anyone know if Hart even approached Petersen to get a Yes, No, Maybe...anything from him before moving on to the current crop of Coaches?

Does anyone know if Hart even approached Petersen to get a Yes, No, Maybe...anything from him before moving on to the current crop of Coaches?

We would know about it, if he had. With a coach the magnitude of a Petersen, you don't just pick up the phone and say "hey do you want to work for me?" (aka the Mike Hamilton method). You actually have to go meet with them and spend some time wooing them, showing them what kind of facilities and program you have and giving them an idea of what kind of money you're willing to spend and other incentives. It's a process like recruiting. No way we do that and there aren't rumbles about it in the media, rumors, leaks, etc.

If Petersen leaves BSU for Arky, and Hart didn't pursue him, I'm extremely pissed!!!:angry:

VN Store

Back