Something is very wrong, VolNation...

And your solution would be? Sorry, but I don't give a rat's ass what happens in Kenya or Syria or Iran or any other muslim country. If you are an American and you go there, do so at your own risk.

Kenya is a Christian nation. I still do not know why we would be posting about Kenya on VN unless we are recruiting one.

Reactions: 2 people
Prayers for the families of those murdered,some people just don't care about bad things happening to other people,they sure care about something unimportant like a football game though!

What is happening? Getting absurd.

it's a football forum.

it's what people do. personally, i immerse myself in sports because if i stopped to think about just how much people are screwing up everything that's important, i'd go insane.

Reactions: 4 people
We'll I just killed 18 Bud Lights having to watch this POS game... RIP.

You didn't have to watch, you could have turned the channel and watched another game. Or you could have took the money you spent on that 18 Bud Light and give it to somebody that didn't get to eat today. Wait...now you have a buzz to come on here and complain about how the team played today. We don't have a good team right now and everybody knows it so why come on here and complain about something the whole College Football Nation knows, and by complaining isn't gonna change anything anyways.

it's a football forum.

it's what people do. personally, i immerse myself in sports because if i stopped to think about just how much people are screwing up everything that's important, i'd go insane.

Tough break for Driskel today, I feel really bad for that kid...and I wonder just how good Murphy is of if it was just the D making a backup look like a superstar again.

(I know its off topic, but this was one of the worst threads I've seen....Might as well fill it with something interesting.)

Reactions: 3 people
Tough break for Driskel today, I feel really bad for that kid...and I wonder just how good Murphy is of if it was just the D making a backup look like a superstar again.

(I know its off topic, but this was one of the worst threads I've seen....Might as well fill it with something interesting.)

he looked better than i thought he would. but, the tennessee defense is not good.

the florida offensive line is beat up. actually, the whole team is beat up. so, i don't know how good they could have been this season, but the team that was supposed to be on the field this year, never will be.

I keep trying to imagine a bunch of grown ass adults freaking out, melting down, throwing tantrums, and constantly berating every aspect of our football program, but I just can't do it.

If that is indeed the case, and the posters here are not predominantly teenage boys and girls going through puberty, then something is very wrong.

This morning, 39 people were murdered at a mall in Kenya, but our world falls apart because a group of young men in pads don't perform to our unreasonably high expectations.

Having perspective is one thing, having the maturity to handle slight disappointments in a sporting competition is quite another.

I've been a Vol fan since I was old enough to know the color orange, and now my kids cheer along with me. But, over the past several years specifically, this board has become a cesspool for every level of over the top complaining I've ever seen.

When I first joined, it was fun to banter, talk through strategies, and even knock around the annoying aspects of the team or coaching staff.

But, now, coming on this board takes all the fun out of the game. I love when we win, I hate when we lose. But, either I misunderstand just how important college football is in the grand scheme, or this board grossly overreacts to something more trivial than we are willing to admit.

Anywho. Take it or leave it. React to me however you wish. I'm open to being wrong, but just wanted to share these thoughts.

Can't wait to see the Vols back at the top, and I'm willing to weather the big and small bumps along the way.

Go Vols.
You really had to bring up Kenya. That was a serious tragedy but does not belong here IMO.

Fans can get mad and rant and rave all they want because they are fans. I may not agree with many of the things said but fans can say anything they want (even stupid stuff).

I keep trying to imagine a bunch of grown ass adults freaking out, melting down, throwing tantrums, and constantly berating every aspect of our football program, but I just can't do it.

If that is indeed the case, and the posters here are not predominantly teenage boys and girls going through puberty, then something is very wrong.

This morning, 39 people were murdered at a mall in Kenya, but our world falls apart because a group of young men in pads don't perform to our unreasonably high expectations.

Having perspective is one thing, having the maturity to handle slight disappointments in a sporting competition is quite another.

I've been a Vol fan since I was old enough to know the color orange, and now my kids cheer along with me. But, over the past several years specifically, this board has become a cesspool for every level of over the top complaining I've ever seen.

When I first joined, it was fun to banter, talk through strategies, and even knock around the annoying aspects of the team or coaching staff.

But, now, coming on this board takes all the fun out of the game. I love when we win, I hate when we lose. But, either I misunderstand just how important college football is in the grand scheme, or this board grossly overreacts to something more trivial than we are willing to admit.

Anywho. Take it or leave it. React to me however you wish. I'm open to being wrong, but just wanted to share these thoughts.

Can't wait to see the Vols back at the top, and I'm willing to weather the big and small bumps along the way.

Go Vols.
Maybe you should post a blog somewhere else besides here about this tragedy in Kenya and we can comment on that there. Here we are talking about our displeasure in something we love very much being in our opinion very wrong. No offense, this is not the place for your grievance.

Go Vols.
You are not wrong. I hope a lot of these people are just immature kids that don't have real perspective yet but I fear it may be drunk adults. Tennessee will have to be rebuilt over a 3 or 4 year period. We don't have a lot of talent but some of these guys act like this is the '98 team talent wise. The sun will come up tomorrow and if it doesn't, this game will be the least of our worries.

Reactions: 1 person

Go Vols.

best hero post in awhile imo

Truth is we love this. And it hurts us to lose and be down do far. We have pride in this. Yes there's way more important things, but still doesn't mean we can't love this and be hurt by this. It's the passion that makes college football special.

I keep reading about these "tantrums" (a small percentage of which are actual tantrums, most are reasonable fans). This maybe comprises 5% of VN.

One of the 5% starts a thread, they proceed to get bashed by the 95% that fluff Butch to the extreme. "Tantrum" ensues. Rinse, repeat.

Y'all are being trolled.

I keep reading about these "tantrums" (a small percentage of which are actual tantrums, most are reasonable fans). This maybe comprises 5% of VN.

One of the 5% starts a thread, they proceed to get bashed by the 95% that fluff Butch to the extreme. "Tantrum" ensues. Rinse, repeat.

Y'all are being trolled.
I didn't see a lot of reasonable fans on the game thread.
People already calling for the coach to be fired 4 games into his first season aren't reasonable fans. People claiming our talent is as good as florida's aren't reasonable fans. Just because it's a football message board doesn't mean people have to be ridiculous and whine like babies.

WTF is a liberal pulpit and WTF does that have to do with anything I brought up?

Think like a modern dimwit. Anything that is not in line with their personal ideology is "liberal". Going political in reply (and incorrectly using labels in the process) is their way of saying "I can't formulate a quality response, so I'm going to scratch my armpits and grunt."

In essence, they just said that you are "not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry". Take it as a compliment and go on.

I didn't see a lot of reasonable fans on the game thread.
People already calling for the coach to be fired 4 games into his first season aren't reasonable fans. People claiming our talent is as good as florida's aren't reasonable fans. Just because it's a football message board doesn't mean people have to be ridiculous and whine like babies.

Look, it's whining when Georgia loses to Clemson and calls for Richt's head. It's whining when Florida moans about their offense after coming off an 11 win season.

For a team at its absolute nadir, a team that has been so bad for more than half a decade, people are going to have some frustrations they want to let out. It just sucks right now.

Look, it's whining when Georgia loses to Clemson and calls for Richt's head. It's whining when Florida moans about their offense after coming off an 11 win season.

For a team at its absolute nadir, a team that has been so bad for more than half a decade, people are going to have some frustrations they want to let out. It just sucks right now.
Yeah, or they could act like grownups and realize there aren't going to be any quick fixes to our problem and have more realistic expectations.

Yeah, or they could act like grownups and realize there aren't going to be any quick fixes to our problem and have more realistic expectations.

Hush, you. There's no room for rational higher-order thought in an semi-anonymous online forum setting!

VN Store

Back