Something is very wrong, VolNation...

Ah. So, it's ok for the unbalanced emotional response, but not ok for someone to call out the unbalanced emotional response?

Got it.

As mentioned before, this is a Tennessee vols football message board. Its designed entirely for fans who are fully invested, so yes you're high and mighty sermon is going to fall on deaf ears. While there is a political forum, this is largely a place to escape the worries of the world.

Reactions: 10 people
If disgruntled Vol fans were posting comments on CNN, I would understand your argument. But this is a UT messageboard. If you think by discussing UT football means we have an emotional and moral deficit, you should just turn off the game and turn on the 700 club.

Reactions: 4 people
I keep trying to imagine a bunch of grown ass adults freaking out, melting down, throwing tantrums, and constantly berating every aspect of our football program, but I just can't do it.

If that is indeed the case, and the posters here are not predominantly teenage boys and girls going through puberty, then something is very wrong.

This morning, 39 people were murdered at a mall in Kenya, but our world falls apart because a group of young men in pads don't perform to our unreasonably high expectations.

Having perspective is one thing, having the maturity to handle slight disappointments in a sporting competition is quite another.

I've been a Vol fan since I was old enough to know the color orange, and now my kids cheer along with me. But, over the past several years specifically, this board has become a cesspool for every level of over the top complaining I've ever seen.

When I first joined, it was fun to banter, talk through strategies, and even knock around the annoying aspects of the team or coaching staff.

But, now, coming on this board takes all the fun out of the game. I love when we win, I hate when we lose. But, either I misunderstand just how important college football is in the grand scheme, or this board grossly overreacts to something more trivial than we are willing to admit.

Anywho. Take it or leave it. React to me however you wish. I'm open to being wrong, but just wanted to share these thoughts.

Can't wait to see the Vols back at the top, and I'm willing to weather the big and small bumps along the way.

Go Vols.

I'm sorry but this game is more important. We have death all the time. I'm sorry their dead but I pray they were taken care of "soul" wise.

Ah. So, it's ok for the unbalanced emotional response, but not ok for someone to call out the unbalanced emotional response?

Got it.

You are being an emotional little girl yourself. Football fans talking about their team and complaining about terrible play, who would have thought it? ..
no one said football is more important than Kenyans , you can stop being such a whiner.

As mentioned before, this is a Tennessee vols football message board. Its designed entirely for fans who are fully invested, so yes you're high and mighty sermon is going to fall on deaf ears. While there is a political forum, this is largely a place to escape the worries of the world.

I agree. That should be the point. It used to be that way. If you read my OP, you'd see that was my entire point.

Reactions: 2 people
You are being an emotional little girl yourself. Football fans talking about their team and complaining about terrible play, who would have thought it? ..
no one said football is more important than Kenyans , you can stop being such a whiner.

Football is more important than Kenyans....

Reactions: 7 people
No one here, or at least 99.8% of them, are not going to drink themselves into absolute oblivion, beat their significant other, kid or pet, drive off a cliff, or be sent into a pysch ward for craziness or real depression because of being a fan of a really bad football team. But they are going to vent, and that's all you're seeing here. You are taking things way too literal and you are the one that needs to look into the mirror.

Reactions: 9 people
I keep trying to imagine a bunch of grown ass adults freaking out, melting down, throwing tantrums, and constantly berating every aspect of our football program, but I just can't do it.

If that is indeed the case, and the posters here are not predominantly teenage boys and girls going through puberty, then something is very wrong.

This morning, 39 people were murdered at a mall in Kenya, but our world falls apart because a group of young men in pads don't perform to our unreasonably high expectations.

Having perspective is one thing, having the maturity to handle slight disappointments in a sporting competition is quite another.

I've been a Vol fan since I was old enough to know the color orange, and now my kids cheer along with me. But, over the past several years specifically, this board has become a cesspool for every level of over the top complaining I've ever seen.

When I first joined, it was fun to banter, talk through strategies, and even knock around the annoying aspects of the team or coaching staff.

But, now, coming on this board takes all the fun out of the game. I love when we win, I hate when we lose. But, either I misunderstand just how important college football is in the grand scheme, or this board grossly overreacts to something more trivial than we are willing to admit.

Anywho. Take it or leave it. React to me however you wish. I'm open to being wrong, but just wanted to share these thoughts.

Can't wait to see the Vols back at the top, and I'm willing to weather the big and small bumps along the way.

Go Vols.

What happened in Kenya has no relevance to this game. Is that really what you equate sports too? That I why there sports, to escape the other crap.

Reactions: 3 people
This is a football message board last I checked. A fan venting here is the only thing he has when it relates to football. It certainly isn't the competitive football itself.

Reactions: 2 people
No one here, or at least 99.8% of them, are not going to drink themselves into absolute oblivion, beat their significant other, kid or pet, drive off a cliff, or be sent into a pysch ward for craziness or real depression because of being a fan of a really bad football team. But they are going to vent, and that's all you're seeing here. You are taking things way too literal and you are the one that needs to look into the mirror.

Interesting.

Again, it's just my opinion from observation. You seen to know so many of the people and have intimate knowledge of their actions, therefore I can't come close to matching you.

Interesting.

Again, it's just my opinion from observation. You seen to know so many of the people and have intimate knowledge of their actions, therefore I can't come close to matching you.

He definitely doesn't know me...I'm currently handing out lashings to my entire family for every yard the Defense gives up.....My arm is so tired

Reactions: 6 people
1) Football is ported into our living room, not a play by play of genocide in one of the many countries in Africa.
2) Yes, you can tell by the way the post are written on here that at least 1/2 of those posting are teens.
3) Teens have no patience - our new instant gratification society.

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting.

I have complete empathy to what you saying, but it is apples and oranges, yet can't equate the two.

Reactions: 1 person
Prayers for the families of those murdered,some people just don't care about bad things happening to other people,they sure care about something unimportant like a football game though!

Go Vols.

Save your sermon! This is a VOLS forum!

VN Store

Back