Something is very wrong, VolNation...

I've seen some really truly stupid posts in my time, but this one might just be THE dumbest. You just proved the point of the OP.

BTW, here are a couple tidbits...Kenya is a majority Christian country that got hit by Moslem terrorists The OP didn't bring it up to talk about it, he only used it as an example. He could easily have referred to the shootings in DC in the good ole US of A. As for you thought that Tennessee football is more important than the deaths of 39 people ANYWHERE...**** man, I actually feel sorry for you. There really isn't any response to that...you need help man. Wow......

I sensed sarcasm in the post you are talking about.

Anyways, just a game. It's not life or death unless you play russian roulette everytime the other team scores. :)

A bit melodramatic. I think most Vol fans on this Vol fansite are well aware of the awful things happenning around the world. If you want to discuss them, start a thread in the pub and you will find people ready to discuss them. There are more forums on VN to discuss various subjects, but if all your reading is the football forum, then expect the lunatic fringe. This is where they come to vent. Yes, I believe they go over the top, but it is a football forum on a website devoted to Vol football. If you don't like it, don't read it. Like I said, try some of VN's other forums.

It's much like the LPGA wanting to play in the PGA, yet not allowing the PGA to play in the LPGA. Bleeding hearts ALWAYS want everyone's heart to bleed with them. They can't just bleed for themselves and those they are bleeding for. Weezer has it nailed dead (no pun intended) on, take this to another forum where you can get hearts to bleed with you instead of criticizing those that simply want to piss and moan about the state of our football team.

In other words, go find an LPGA thread.

It's all bout the recruiting classes. Our downfall started when our 4 star average recruiting class dropped. Go back look at 2002 recruiting year Freak has on this site and the facts speak for themselves.

No one here, or at least 99.8% of them, are not going to drink themselves into absolute oblivion, beat their significant other, kid or pet, drive off a cliff, or be sent into a pysch ward for craziness or real depression because of being a fan of a really bad football team. But they are going to vent, and that's all you're seeing here. You are taking things way too literal and you are the one that needs to look into the mirror.

that vol fan on youtube may be an exception.

and as i stated this is the worst football team i have ever seen take the field in neyland. dooley's crew was not this bad. i at least gave us a slight chance of winning. with this team there is pretty much no chance. might get 4 games this year.

this is dooley''s legacy, his players.

dooley's team played the worsr defense in the history of defenses. he was a J-O-K-E!

I sensed sarcasm in the post you are talking about.

Anyways, just a game. It's not life or death unless you play russian roulette everytime the other team scores. :)

I thought the same thing, but go back and read it...it really does not sound like sarcasm. And sadly, I can believe someone would actually say that.

Nothing wrong with a fan expressing their displeasure of a horrible football team

Telling them you dont think they are good will not make them better!! Be a fan have some fun and dont make us the FL, AL or GA North!!!! Does the name Harvey Updyke mean anything to you, going just a little far if you run down the team!

Sports culture has changed so much in the past ten years, especially in the USA. It's not that we don't care about the deaths in Kenya, it's that we care about the Vols and this is a Vols board.

The reason most of us watch sports is for entertainment, and so we can escape from normality. People's lives though are far more stressful than they used to be 10, 20, 30 years ago that people become more desperate for their teams to win, hence being more depressed when they lose. That's how I see it anyway.

While I agree with some of the sentiments of the OP about sports being taken too seriously at times but this is the Volnation boards not the world problem boards and I don't see what Kenya has to do with anything regarding Tennessee football.

this is dooley''s legacy, his players.

dooley's team played the worsr defense in the history of defenses. he was a J-O-K-E!

can't argue about dooley's D last season. worst i have ever seen at tennessee. on offense though they were ok. this years team has no clue on either side of the ball. they look like they do not know there assignments. they look poorly coached.

I guess I keep coming back to this. So SpaceCoastVol, if you're killed by Al Qaeda (or any other) terrorists while hanging out at the local mall, this is OK (thumbs up!!!) if you're Muslim? But maybe not if you're Christian? (thumbs down!!!) (or Hindu or animist or anything else that's going on there) (not too sure where the thumbs are supposed to point here) But it's OK to get killed if you're Muslim?

Perhaps the perspective might be that these were HUMAN BEINGS going about their daily business at the local mall (stimulating the local economy, btw), and some collection of freakazoids who convinced themselves that God had spoken personally to them and had given them instructions on How to Make Things Better went out and slaughtered a bunch of everyday folks, like you and me, killing in the name of what they consider to be God.

Sorry, the way I learned it is that we're all God's critters, and we're all beloved by the Creator, and we all deserve some level of respect and value from this sorry-ass world. Meanwhile, you're just pitiful. :no:

--oh, yes, and as others mentioned, Kenya is predominantly Christian. And you're just ignorant.
I admire that you took that much time, but the illustration seemed arbitrary to me. For the record, I do not think that we are disagreeing, it's just thst the Kenyan thing could have been substituted with any real world carnage. Point being: Let's keep everything in perspective.

Sports culture has changed so much in the past ten years, especially in the USA. It's not that we don't care about the deaths in Kenya, it's that we care about the Vols and this is a Vols board.

The reason most of us watch sports is for entertainment, and so we can escape from normality. People's lives though are far more stressful than they used to be 10, 20, 30 years ago that people become more desperate for their teams to win, hence being more depressed when they lose. That's how I see it anyway.
Again, I do not think that OP's post wanted a "moment of silence". He was simply saying that some perspective on the gravity of this single game would be nice.

Reactions: 1 person
While I agree with some of the sentiments of the OP about sports being taken too seriously at times but this is the Volnation boards not the world problem boards and I don't see what Kenya has to do with anything regarding Tennessee football.
Kenya could be Suria and could be the Philippines. It was an EXAMPLE of how, in the scope of things, a few DRAIN this board with an OCD approach to CFB. Never was it meant in any other way. It was just a "hey, Wake the F up and gain a bit of perspective" .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I admire that you took that much time, but the illustration seemed arbitrary to me. For the record, I do not think that we are disagreeing, it's just thst the Kenyan thing could have been substituted with any real world carnage. Point being: Let's keep everything in perspective.

perspective was all I was after. Thanks.

Some of us dont.:salute:

VN Store

Back