Softball not offering best Pitcher in State?

Got to trust the coaches. They certainly seem to know what they are doing. If only baseball had a clue...........

It is a shame their games are not shown on tv more often. My opinion is this is a much better game than Lady Vols basketball.

Let's get real would you rather have a player from California or Soddy-Daisey on the team...

i would rather have the best players regardless where they come from. and when your the number 4 team in the country i think that ranks you over ALOT of California teams.

The Chattanooga area is loaded with softball talent, but for every great player here, there are 15 just as good or better from California. That state dominates at the Nationals evey year. My sister's summer team was a powerhouse in the south and the best they ever did at ASA nationals was 5th.

Never mind...i see....Fla and Ky softball giants!:birgits_giggle:

i could be wrong, but i dont think i am wasnt it just two years ago the florida gators were ranked #1 in the country, and last year were they not a top 10 team. sounds pretty good to me, not sure about Kentucky, but we still have to play them.

nope just like i thought Florida is ranked ahead of Tennessee in Softball, and Kentucky is ranked in the top 25. i guess some people just post because they can without any evidence its called Google search there Dawg....

We are loaded in the circle. Ellen, Cat, and Ivy are a very dangerous combo. And Ellen and Ivy are only Fresh/ Soph. We are fine for a long time. Actually the wholee team is pretty loaded.

I have NO problem with them not offering the girl, or the other one mentioned by the OP. The Weekley's have proven themselves in recruiting, and with on field results. These guys know what they are doing, and if they feel the need to recruit Cali (among other states)more than the girls in their own backyard.... Then so be it. I support ANY moves they make.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The real question is who cares? Its women's softball!!!

Why are you over here reading, & posting if you don't care? Makes alot of sense dude.

We don't go to the McDonalds Happy meal lovers forum, and call you out. BTW: Freak is known to read these threads over here, and he frowns on comments like the one you left (and probably this one too).
Posted via VolNation Mobile

the weeklys have loaded the pitching circle for years to come in fact for 2 or 3 years we will have a 4 headed monster in there if I did my math right...the weeklys know talent when they see it and you said this girl took her team to nationals in san antonio?? thats not where the true nationals are ASA gold is played in OKC that is where you want to prove if your real or not..hence where the weeklys find there players on the biggest stage for high school softball

Good post Vols4llife.....I think Puddin just got carried away with their crusade and zeal for the local player. I think I will leave the evaluations to a former olympic and hall of fame coach.......

i am sure in softball it is hard to know where the REAL anything is, with so many World Series, and Nationals going on. All i know is that the Weekly's were there scouting several players, and anytime you can go to any national tournament where you have to be invited thats pretty good. But it is good news to hear that the Vols feel they are set in the circle. Like i said earlier if she does go to Florida lets just hope we can beat her. cause it would suck to loose to a girl we could have had if we hadnt filled those spots. thats all i am saying and have been the whole time. And it seems that people feel like i was saying the Weekly's arent good coaches or dont know what they are doing and thats not the case at all, any dummy can see that they have a great thing going and our team is constantly in the hunt and i love that.

Last edited:
The Weekly's inform Two Time player(pitcher) of the year in the state of Tennessee they dont have room for her in class of 2012. This is a huge mistake, this Junior pitcher from Soddy Daisy has lost 2 games in her high school career, and has offers from Florida, and Kentucky among others. If this decision isnt changed this will come back to bite the Weekly's for years to come. The Weekly's continue to go out of state for players when the Chattanooga area is a hot bed for them. :banghead2:

By your own words when starting this thread, it DOES seem you are saying the Weekly's don't know what they are doing...Your words, not mine..Say what you mean and mean what you say...When you can present credentials for recruiting in women's softball perhaps you can question what Karen and Ralph are doing...Until then, best to leave it to the experts....JMO

Last edited:
Hey, Puddin....what was that gal's name again? Looks like the LVs might need some pitching after all. They dropped 2 games to the only two good teams they played in LV. Lost a 1-hitter to Stanford, 5-0... and gave up a three-run homer in a four-run inning to lose to UNLV, 4-3. Monica Abbott...talk to these girls.

So, there are several things grossly misconstrued in these posts...many by Puddin. They won't be in order and they won't be exactly quoted, but here I go...

First, I'll say that Kelsey has a tremendous amount of God-given ability and she has had as good a 2-year high school career as anyone we've seen in Tennessee in a long time. (Cat Hosfield had one of the most decorated high school careers of anyone in the country) I've watched her pitch many times in high school ball and many times in the summer, and applaud her ability.

To the comments about "all the World Series" and "who knows which ones are the best" (or whatever). The Amateur Softball Association has been King for a long time. Until last year it was THE ONLY National Title or Finish that meant anything to anyone at a high level of our sport. That is not opinion, it is a fact. Last year a new National Tournament burst on the scene called Premier Girls Fastpitch in Huntington Beach, CA and the level of competition was tremendous, so that title has now become something to be proud of.

I coached at both ASA Nationals and the Premier Girls Fastpitch in CA.

To the comments about the "World Series" in "San Antonio" - First it was in College Station. Second, the Mustangs (Kelsey's team) did not get invited, they qualified. Third, they finished tied for 65th.

Someone mentioned in an earlier post that "the real competition is in Oklahoma City" or something like that - the reference was to ASA 18U Gold Nationals, which is no longer being held exclusively in Oklahoma City. I rotates to OKC every third year now.

The 2012 pitcher that Tennessee has a commitment from, Erin Gabriel, is considered by many to be the top 2012 pitcher in the country.

Softball is like all the other non-football sports. If you want to play at the HIGHEST LEVEL of your sport, you don't get discovered or recruited based on high school.

Puddin, you know that all the wrestlers that go off to big-time schools prove they can compete on a national level, by competing on a national level in club wrestling.

Same deal.

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure there's actually a scholarship offer from Florida.

^ very true. Lots of great wrestlers end up in DII and NAIA because they don't wrestle in the national tournaments in the summer.

VN Store

Back