So the committee is officially a joke

It's ridiculous to have to play the same team twice and only have the second count. That's what cost us a shot at the title when we lost to LSU. Both should count equally.

We should have won that game. If playing for a National Championship is on the line they have to get it done.

It's ridiculous to have to play the same team twice and only have the second count. That's what cost us a shot at the title when we lost to LSU. Both should count equally.

Nah man. When you crap the bed like that, you didn't belong there to begin with.

We should have won that game. If playing for a National Championship is on the line they have to get it done.

I agree, but in the theoretical one loss situation it would be garbage. Like if we play Alabama twice and our only loss is one time to them in the championship game, we deserve to be in the playoff regardless of other results.

It's harder to play a good team a second time when you won than it is the first time. You can almost call CFB games by who won the first if they're relatively even in talent.

Last edited:
If you don't think Alabama is the 4th best team in the nation you're an idiot or a liar. This is precisely what they did last year with Ohio State, a 1 loss non conference champion ahead of a two loss conference champion (that also beat them but whatever).

Reactions: 1 person
UCF should be in. Period! They are only one of two D-1 undefeated teams. Say what you want about strength of schedule or whatever else. Frost has those kids unbeaten.
12-0

I just love to see the CFP be in total turmoil.

Until it’s completely decided on the field with no voting or style points the college football champion is a joke.

With a 100+ teams, a few weeks for the season, a bunch of conferences with different play and strengths; believing a CFP or BCS or Merlin can pick a #1 is the height of absurdity. By the end of a season filled with twists and turns (some including bones and joints) no team is what it ever was anyway.

Just stop the nonsense and go back to a few good bowl games to reward deserving teams. The CFP is making college football look as ludicrous as NASCAR. Leave the comedy to the annual college coaching silly season.

Follow the Money: Advertisers told the Committee they didn't want to fund another B10 blowout loss in the semis (they're 0-69 in last 2).

11 months ago Ohio State lost to Clemson by 31. Alabama (after Bo broke his leg) by 4. Easy call for the committee.

Dumb

UCF should be in. Period! They are only one of two D-1 undefeated teams. Say what you want about strength of schedule or whatever else. Frost has those kids unbeaten.
12-0

If UCF got in, I would start a petition for UT to leave the SEC and go join the Sun Belt.

Reactions: 3 people
12-0

Frost? Nebraska’s coach?

This is true. They might've snuck in they played GTech but their SOS was crap. Toughest teams on their schedule were Memphis, Navy, USF & GTech. And we know they didnt get a chance at GTech. Really unfortunate, but that's how it goes when youre in a cupcake conference.
Utah beat Alabama in a bowl. Boise St. beat Oklahoma in a bowl. I’m not buying that weak conference angle.

SEC Championship game is a playoff game.

This is what I mean. Team could be undefeated but lose the championship game and have a much worse shot of making it (unless they were Alabama).

We might as well throw the in season Alabama game each year so that when we play them in the championship game we have the edge (assuming it would only give us two losses or less). The formerly losing team has a huge edge in the SEC championship game, and people only care about the championship and number of losses.

Edit: Having said that, Alabama deserved to be in per usual.

Last edited:
Finish 3rd and still get.
Auburn beats both playoff teams by double digits then gets penalized for playing in the conference championship game.
And I can't believe I was foolish enough to convince myaelf that the committee would put OSU in.

Looks like the badgers were punished for playing in the championship game.

OSU May have gotten screwed but I blame schiano for not reporting it.

200.gif

Auburn beats both playoff teams by double digits then gets penalized for playing in the conference championship game.
And I can't believe I was foolish enough to convince myaelf that the committee would put OSU in.

Oh look someone who thinks it’s supoosed to be the 4 most deserving teams instead of the 4 Best Teams.

Three ought to be a rule that each team should win their respective conference.

I've said this before. Then just don't have a committee and only the conference champs get in regardless. OSU lost 2 games, tough cookies. They should have won one of those and they get in. Bama loses only 1 game to a very good team. If Bama was healthy and at a neutral field, they win that game.

It's really sickening to see college football sink to the low levels as politics. Where it's more important to do what some think is fair instead of what is right. (It's not fair that Bama always gets in, somebody else should get a chance regardless if they deserve it or not.) That's BS.

I don’t have any love for Bama, but OSU has been a pretender all year. Dude you let Iowa put up 50 on you , and you think you should be playing in the playoff, no way. The committee got this one right.

OSU is a horrible team

VN Store

Back