So the committee is officially a joke

That is how Boise State became the perennial "fly in the ointment" team that garnered so much press during the Petersen regime. Unfortunately, they just lost every member of a coaching staff that had one great season. I don't think that denotes legendary status just yet and may be impossible to sustain.

Just a suggestion: The power 5 have a playoff. The FCS have a playoff. In that the non-power 5 teams are left out in the cold, just start your own, instead of constantly trying to crash a party that doesn't want you.

They also ponied up and agreed to a one time kickoff game in Atlanta vs UGA and won.

Saban is wrong, in that the bowls were losing significance well before the playoff.

But, I'm against expansion until the semifinals are consistently good games. We've had eight semifinal games so far, and only two ('14 OSU/Bama and '17 UGA/OU) were good to great. The other six were laughers. If we're only going to bat .250, then adding four games every year is not at all interesting to me.

then don't just take conference champs. you aren't going to get the "best" teams. any system that just includes all 5 champs + whoever else would have bad games. there is a reason two non-conference champs have made it in while conference champs are being kept out. any playoff system is going to let in bad teams for laughers. you are just opening it up to more teams. We already had some BCS National Title games that were laughers, how was adding two more teams going to fix that?

VN Store

Back