So the committee is officially a joke

The only thing that probably would've prevented Bama from getting in would be AU dominating UGA in the title game & Wisky dominating OSU. Did you really think a 1 loss Bama wasnt going to get in?

Under the current system bama deserved it and osu didn't. Im not a fan of a 16 team playoff but they need to go to an 8 team playoff where all P5 conference champs get an automatic bid and then you have 3 at large bids. No more than 8 though. Ever.

Reactions: 1 person
Auburn was #2. Alabama didn't even win their division. Georgia winning proved Bama is only 3rd best in conference. Total joke.

Is there really someone on this board who could still fall for the transitive reasoning fallacy in college football?

Iowa Hawkeyes, son.

Every conference champ should get in with three at large for runner ups or teams like Central Florida, etc.

The only thing that probably would've prevented Bama from getting in would be AU dominating UGA in the title game & Wisky dominating OSU. Did you really think a 1 loss Bama wasnt going to get in?

If Wisconsin had won, they absolutely would have been in imo (regardless of their weak SOS)

my problem is that bama didn't even win their division, where as tOSU won their conference (granted a bit of a weaker conference, and they did lose twice).

Question for everybody:
Would bama have gotten in if they had beaten auburn, but then lost in the sec championship game last night? (all else the same, i.e. wisconsin loses, Clemson and OU win)

They would still be a 1 loss team from the sec, but the loss would be even more recent (obviously their one loss was also recent, being just a week ago). At least in that scenario, they would have won their division and finished 2nd in the SEC

Yes. And rightfully so.

Finish 3rd and still get.
Auburn beats both playoff teams by double digits then gets penalized for playing in the conference championship game.
And I can't believe I was foolish enough to convince myaelf that the committee would put OSU in.

Last year they put OSU in, over the team that beat them, and the team that won their division, and the team that won their conference championship........and what did OSU do???

Reactions: 2 people
my problem is that bama didn't even win their division, where as tOSU won their conference (granted a bit of a weaker conference, and they did lose twice).

Question for everybody:
Would bama have gotten in if they had beaten auburn, but then lost in the sec championship game last night? (all else the same, i.e. wisconsin loses, Clemson and OU win)

They would still be a 1 loss team from the sec, but the loss would be even more recent (obviously their one loss was also recent, being just a week ago). At least in that scenario, they would have won their division and finished 2nd in the SEC

Any TN fan should understand that missing out on the SEC CG because one division loss doesn’t mean you are a bad team.

Reactions: 2 people
To me, conference winners getting in automatically ia the dumbest idea ever. That would mean geography trumps quality. Just because OSU may be the best up north doesn't mean they are a top team.

Auburn should have Taken care of business. That's what it's all about. Like Clemson
It's ridiculous to have to play the same team twice and only have the second count. That's what cost us a shot at the title when we lost to LSU. Both should count equally.

Follow the Money: Advertisers told the Committee they didn't want to fund another B10 blowout loss in the semis (they're 0-69 in last 2).

11 months ago Ohio State lost to Clemson by 31. Alabama (after Bo broke his leg) by 4. Easy call for the committee.

Auburn beats both playoff teams by double digits then gets penalized for playing in the conference championship game.
And I can't believe I was foolish enough to convince myaelf that the committee would put OSU in.

Auburn also lost to one of those teams by double digits.

And to two other teams as well.

No way a 3-loss Auburn should be ahead of a 1-loss Bama or 1-loss SEC champ Georgia, even if Auburn is the team who gave them both their loss.

As for Bama vs Ohio State, that's a closer call. But the CFP Committee has never yet put a 2-loss team into the playoffs. I didn't think they were going to start now. Not when there are enough 1-loss teams at the top of the charts to fill all the spots.

Auburn is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get. No surprise last night - except the margin.

UCF got robbed. That’s the story here

This is true. They might've snuck in they played GTech but their SOS was crap. Toughest teams on their schedule were Memphis, Navy, USF & GTech. And we know they didnt get a chance at GTech. Really unfortunate, but that's how it goes when youre in a cupcake conference.

Just for fun, why is USC out of the conversation. 2 loss Ohio State got screwed, but USC didn't even get seriously considered.

Alabama lost once and their best win was LSU.

Ohio State won its conference, had wins better than LSU, but lost twice. And one of those losses was an absolute butt kicking.

I can argue several ways, but I think the committee got it right.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back