So sad

This is likely the Most talented basketball team we have Ever had...and it appears that we are again destined to a first or second round exit from NCAA tournament.
Let me guess, you wrote the Dr Pepper advertisement where Brian Bosworth (Sheriff) says at the end “ that’s the first play of the game”

This is likely the Most talented basketball team we have Ever had...and it appears that we are again destined to a first or second round exit from NCAA tournament.
How many times will we play 3 games in 3 days and against that kind of talent.We have issues but so does every team in America.I like our chances this year if key players stay healthy to make it to at least an elite eight.

Who put this schedule together, Mich St, Wisconsin, Maui, North Carolina on the road.
Gonna toughen them boys up by golly.
Or break their confidence.
They will most likely face some of those same teams in March.
Will they be in revenge mode, guess we'll find out in March.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Who put this schedule together, Mich St, Wisconsin, Maui, North Carolina on the road.
Gonna toughen them boys up by golly.
Or break their confidence.
They will most likely face some of those same teams in March.
Will they be in revenge mode, guess we'll find out in March.

Easily the toughest schedule in the Barnes era here at Tennessee. Losing sucks, and I don’t want to be 4-2 obviously (or 4-3 if we lose to North Carolina), but I think this will benefit us in the long run more than being 7-0 and facing nobodies.

Frankly, our recent history is to peak in December. How ‘bout if we turn over a new leaf and peak in March this year?

Reactions: Snowball!
Easily the toughest schedule in the Barnes era here at Tennessee. Losing sucks, and I don’t want to be 4-2 obviously (or 4-3 if we lose to North Carolina), but I think this will benefit us in the long run more than being 7-0 and facing nobodies.
A couple of nobodies in between is a good thing.

Sweet 16 again at best. May not even get there. We wont see offense until we get an offensive minded coach.

Are you trying to predict how far we should go? Or are you predicting how disappointing we will be?

I believe this team should be able to reach the elite 8. As usual, Barnes’s lack of a strong inside player will lead to an early exit. Aidoo or Alexander are the best Barnes will ever do at the 5 position. Just tall enough to block shots. Not strong enough to create space.

These games were nothing more than measuring sticks of where we are today, and not an indication of where we’ll be in March.

Exactly. We are right there with a #2 Purdue team that has experience with each other and play the same style as last year.

We also played with Kansas for most of the game and they also have one of the best bigs in the country and one of the best overall rosters money can by with a future HOF coach.

The fact is that we are still getting used to two new major contributors, a much different team makeup, our #1 point guard coming back from a devastating injury and our all- SEC SG getting over a death in the family and we are still somewhere close to being in the top 4-7 teams in the country, today.

We will be fine but I do wish we had one more upperclassman big. Estrella needs to improve for us to reach our ceiling but is physically outclassed right now by most older bigs. Doubtful we face many teams, if any, with the type of size advantage we faced. At least not until UK or late in the tournament. We need to get a 1 or 2 seed so we get a favorable bracket and you never know what happens. I do know that Knecht and Gainey add a dimension we have not had in previous years.

Did you see that little number besides Purdues and Kansas name? Just in case you didn’t, those numbers are #1 and #2, which means top 2 teams in the country in arguably in the top 2 basketball conferences this year.

Last year the Vols beat Kansas 64-50 and we made the Sweet 16. I’m not sure if you are new to basketball, but games in November have no bearing on games in February and March. The Vols battled and competed with the top 2 teams in the country. We had our chance to win and we have a lot to look forward to.

Some of you people would have been miserable even if we would have won. If we would have swept the entire tournament, you and others would have talked about peaking too early, or how Barnes struggles during tournaments, or said “games now doesn’t matter”.
Exactly. Some of these clowns evidently think we were playing Slippery Rock. As stated before, there are a lot of posters on here who wouldn’t know a basketball from a hockey puck. It’s a waste of time to have any sort of discussion with them.

Side note. Zach Edey walked by me in the Honolulu airport Thursday night. That is one tall human being. Can’t imagine trying to guard him. Especially when the refs let him camp out in the lane. It would be impossible.

It's November. I'm not jumping to any conclusions yet. We can compete with anyone. Just need some improvement. Basketball and especially March Madness is random and requires some luck, as well as the ball bouncing our way a few times. I think we have as good of a chance as most to be there at the end. I'm going to enjoy this season!

First it’s not near the most talented team we have ever had. The Ernie/Bernie team was much more talented. Second it’s early in the season. We just played 2 top 5 teams and were in the games so not sure how that equates to losing in 1st or 2nd round.

Reactions: Volfan1000
First it’s not near the most talented team we have ever had. The Ernie/Bernie team was much more talented. Second it’s early in the season. We just played 2 top 5 teams and were in the games so not sure how that equates to losing in 1st or 2nd round.
For the first 5, the Ernie and Bernie team was more talented. For 10, this one is better

Reactions: EasternVol
This short minded guy started a thread in Football forum "Saying wish the Football team played as hard as Basketball team"
Then comes over here and disses the Basketball team, I marked him down as a Troll trying to discourse everything Tennessee. There's quite a few of them on all the forums, lonely ppl.

VN Store

Back