So sad

Exactly. Some of these clowns evidently think we were playing Slippery Rock. As stated before, there are a lot of posters on here who wouldn’t know a basketball from a hockey puck. It’s a waste of time to have any sort of discussion with them.

Side note. Zach Edey walked by me in the Honolulu airport Thursday night. That is one tall human being. Can’t imagine trying to guard him. Especially when the refs let him camp out in the lane. It would be impossible.
Hope you gave him the VFL sign.

This is likely the Most talented basketball team we have Ever had...and it appears that we are again destined to a first or second round exit from NCAA tournament.
This is like that Dr. Pepper commercial where the fans are losing their minds. Throwing things and burning their gear. Then one says "guys...it was the first play of the game". I thought it was a silly commercial but apparently we have Fansville fans as well.

Exactly. Some of these clowns evidently think we were playing Slippery Rock. As stated before, there are a lot of posters on here who wouldn’t know a basketball from a hockey puck. It’s a waste of time to have any sort of discussion with them.

Side note. Zach Edey walked by me in the Honolulu airport Thursday night. That is one tall human being. Can’t imagine trying to guard him. Especially when the refs let him camp out in the lane. It would be impossible.
Apparently people like Edey grow on trees and Barnes has completely failed in his duty as head coach to not have recruited one of those many large, agile, weapons like Edey.

Yeah, only been a fan for 40+ years. I think I have earned the right to be frustrated.
I feel sorry for you. I do. We’re experiencing, quite possibly, the greatest success of all Tennessee sports in the history of Tennessee sports, and you seem miserable. Life must be tough for you. Hope you find your peace and joy, man. I really do.

Yeah, only been a fan for 40+ years. I think I have earned the right to be frustrated.

If you've been a fan for 40+ years then you should appreciate even more the times we're in. If you told 12 year old me we'd be ranked #7 in November I'd assume you meant football or women's basketball, and laughed at you when you told me you meant the men.

I get not being satisfied and I get frustration of not making it deep into March, but we're at a point where we're upset we dont' make it past the Sweet 16. I remember the S16 being almost parade worthy for this program.

If you've been a fan for 40+ years then you should appreciate even more the times we're in. If you told 12 year old me we'd be ranked #7 in November I'd assume you meant football or women's basketball, and laughed at you when you told me you meant the men.

I get not being satisfied and I get frustration of not making it deep into March, but we're at a point where we're upset we dont' make it past the Sweet 16. I remember the S16 being almost parade worthy for this program.
When I was 12, Bernard and Ernest were lighting it up. So were Mike and Johnny.

Averaged 85 pts/game with no shot clock nor a 3pt line🤭

I feel sorry for you. I do. We’re experiencing, quite possibly, the greatest success of all Tennessee sports in the history of Tennessee sports, and you seem miserable. Life must be tough for you. Hope you find your peace and joy, man. I really do.
I appreciate your well wishes. I attended Tennessee when football at its most successful 1998. I was attending games in the 90s and early 2000s. I watched the basketball teams with Bruce Pearl and finally Rick Barnes. I have seen number 1 rankings. I have also seen all the garbage seasons. I know what success looks like and want our teams to consistently show excellence and will continue to be frustrated when they do not.
On a personal note, I am very happy in life. Tennessee sports becoming less and less a part of that life contributes to maintaining that happiness. I will always be a Tennessee fan, but I will also always voice my frustrations.

I appreciate your well wishes. I attended Tennessee when football at its most successful 1998. I was attending games in the 90s and early 2000s. I watched the basketball teams with Bruce Pearl and finally Rick Barnes. I have seen number 1 rankings. I have also seen all the garbage seasons. I know what success looks like and want our teams to consistently show excellence and will continue to be frustrated when they do not.
On a personal note, I am very happy in life. Tennessee sports becoming less and less a part of that life contributes to maintaining that happiness. I will always be a Tennessee fan, but I will also always voice my frustrations.
I respect your position. Glad you haven’t given life the boot. Best wishes.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I wouldn’t say agile…..no way he is agile.
He didn’t win POY by being a lump on a log. Yes, he’s big but he has good hands, great footwork and moves well. He’s not your old school 7-footer who’s nothing more than a lane clogger but I agree he’s not Dirk Nowitzki either.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is likely the Most talented basketball team we have Ever had...and it appears that we are again destined to a first or second round exit from NCAA tournament.
ZZ is 5' nothing, Vescovi isn't the most athletic, Awaka is a good player, but needs to grow about 4". JJJ is a good player, but again ditto.

ZZ is 5' nothing, Vescovi isn't the most athletic, Awaka is a good player, but needs to grow about 4". JJJ is a good player, but again ditto.
Yeah, It's more of a large collection of good and experienced players that also have limitations than some super talented Kentucky type squad from the past. I'm not sure where all this "most talented"stuff comes from. It's not even Barnes's most talented team. Probably third or 4th best roster he has had.

Yeah, It's more of a large collection of good and experienced players that also have limitations than some super talented Kentucky type squad from the past. I'm not sure where all this "most talented"stuff comes from. It's not even Barnes's most talented team. Probably third or 4th best roster he has had.
Besides the 18-19 squad, name the others more talented

Nope.
2018-19: This team was much stronger in the post and at point guard. If Alexander doesn't get injured, this team would have been in the Final Four
2007-08: Much stronger in the post and point guard and a much better shooting team. Ramar & Jujuan Smith, Crews, Lofton, Chism, etc.
1976-77: King, Grunfeld, & Jackson. Would have been good to see how far they go if King was not injured in tourney

Ray Mears also had some very talented teams throughout the late 60s were were as talented or more for their era than this year's team.

Nope.
2018-19: This team was much stronger in the post and at point guard. If Alexander doesn't get injured, this team would have been in the Final Four
2007-08: Much stronger in the post and point guard and a much better shooting team. Ramar & Jujuan Smith, Crews, Lofton, Chism, etc.
1976-77: King, Grunfeld, & Jackson. Would have been good to see how far they go if King was not injured in tourney

Ray Mears also had some very talented teams throughout the late 60s were were as talented or more for their era than this year's team.
Forgot to mention Reggie Johnson, as a freshman on that 76-77 team. I think he averaged about 11 and 9

VN Store

Back