So proud of this team! Great Comeback!

So you must not have been at the game. There was a TON of crowing going on. Nonstop.
I’m not talking about that obnoxious mating call they use.
I have many friends who are SC fans, and some of them are well-connected to their program. We talk all the time, especially when the two schools play each other. They know they lucked out tonight. They didn’t want to play the LVs to begin with after what happened in Columbia.
And no, I was not at the game. I was driving home from Knoxville.

If I were a coach taking a team to the NCAA Tournament this season, I think I’d be upset if Tennessee was my first-round opponent.

As heartbreaking as today’s end result was, only a single point kept them from beating a team that has lost only one game in two years. They should be extremely proud of that effort.

Did the men play an undefeated number one team 3 times… a number 2 team.. 3 more top 15 teams… and 2 MORE top 25 teams?

Not all 19-12s are created equal. One shot away from 20-11. Two shots away from 21-10. And so on and so on.

Also I doubt u have any clue what this team has been thru this year…

Imagine the male Vols without Knecht during Maui and a month after
Also this is not a comparison to the current men but a men’s team who did go 19-12. Compare the Sched. I doubt it’s close.

That Dalton comment stands

Give them a 6 or 7 seed. There were a lot of losses at the start of the season when Rickea was injured. This team will be dangerous in the tournament if they play like they did in the second, third and forth quarter of this game. SC was lucky to win, but we could have iced it with those 2 free throws.

Rickea is all class. She’s calm, mature, a hooper, and a leader, and she does our Lady Vols proud, oh so proud. Tonight she showed more of the person she is. She’s confident, not the least self centered, not a ‘look at me’ person, and she’s kind. She went to Jewel and told her to hold her head up, because we got more things to do. She was there lifting up her teammates, and her Coach, too.

So while we wring our hands and worry how our Team will handle what happened tonight, I now know we are in caring and strong hands, with not only our classy Kellie, but also the classy Rickea.

One more thing to say,

Rickea, What a Lady!

Give them a 6 or 7 seed. There were a lot of losses at the start of the season when Rickea was injured. This team will be dangerous in the tournament if they play like they did in the second, third and forth quarter of this game. SC was lucky to win, but we could have iced it with those 2 free throws.
We’re a solid 6 imo esp when u take how r u playing lately SOS and Rickea being out for a month (it wasn’t just her)

Thinking out loud
The S curve will be our friend
Sweet sixteen wise
1 gets the 4/5
2 gets 3/6

1- 16 8/9 4/5
2- 15 7/10 3/6

3- 14 6/11
4- 13 5/12

If 6 we play a 11-3
If 7 we play a 10-2
If somehow 5 based on curve it’s 12-4

Who are our regional 2,3,4s

ACC- NC State, ND, Louisville, VT
SEC- USC, LSU (won’t be in these)
B10- OSU, Indiana

2- NC STATE, VT, OSU
3- Notre Dame
4- Indiana, Louisville

Imo if they keep us in any of these I LOVE our chances.. can also have a strong fam base of support

Dear Lord pleaseeeeeeee put us in Notre Dame’s Regional 😭 🙏

We’re a solid 6 imo esp when u take how r u playing lately SOS and Rickea being out for a month (it wasn’t just her)

Thinking out loud
The S curve will be our friend
Sweet sixteen wise
1 gets the 4/5
2 gets 3/6

1- 16 8/9 4/5
2- 15 7/10 3/6

3- 14 6/11
4- 13 5/12

If 6 we play a 11-3
If 7 we play a 10-2
If somehow 5 based on curve it’s 12-4

Who are our regional 2,3,4s

ACC- NC State, ND, Louisville, VT
SEC- USC, LSU (won’t be in these)
B10- OSU, Indiana

2- NC STATE, VT, OSU
3- Notre Dame
4- Indiana, Louisville

Imo if they keep us in any of these I LOVE our chances.. can also have a strong fam base of support

Dear Lord pleaseeeeeeee put us in Notre Dame’s Regional 😭 🙏
IMG_9798.jpegIMG_9795.jpegIMG_9797.jpegIMG_9794.jpegIMG_9796.jpegIMG_9793.jpeg
Here are 6 regionals I think we could very likely be at after Sunday esp bc of the S curve

I’m big eyeing that WVU 6 seed… in this scenario we wouldn’t play the SEC 11s but a different one

Next is the 7 to OSU or the 6 to VT

Imo those are our most likely landing spots

Uconn would be fun too so I threw them in there

Reactions: UTtoDC
Rickea is all class. She’s calm, mature, a hooper, and a leader, and she does our Lady Vols proud, oh so proud. Tonight she showed more of the person she is. She’s confident, not the least self centered, not a ‘look at me’ person, and she’s kind. She went to Jewel and told her to hold her head up, because we got more things to do. She was there lifting up her teammates, and her Coach, too.

So while we wring our hands and worry how our Team will handle what happened tonight, I now know we are in caring and strong hands, with not only our classy Kellie, but also the classy Rickea.

One more thing to say,

Rickea, What a Lady!
Agreed. Could not have said it better. Look for a strong and deep run in the NCAAT. GBO.

Hell I want her here I just want her to do a much better job
Your 3rd post is much better. This was supposed to be a thread of positivity. Some,whose post name will go unmentioned, couldn't let it go. There is a thread for all negative vibes,but that unnamed poster dragged it into here. Lady Vols fought back from a large deficit and had a shot. Just not to be. Next Sunday we will see with selection show for Nc2a matchups. Go Lady Vols!

Once again, some of you are celebrating moral victories. I would love to see CKH succeed but she’s had ample time and the team is still average. TN fans deserve a better product and coaching on the floor. That last play was atrocious.
As a coach, player, , , fan has to , , , You have to be able to take a positive out of such a high profile game....The nation watched as the unbeaten looked beatable

Absolutely heartbreaking 💔

But ladies, remember you were 1 point from knocking off the undefeated #1 team in the country. Use it as motivation to go out and kick butt in the tourney! You proved you can play with the very best, keep that confidence and shock the world!!!
This^
Now go forward……. 🧡🍊🧡

If the men go 19-12 the coach and team are crucified. The women go 19-12 and we are proud of them. This is BS they need to be held to the same standards.
Yeah considering the best player was missing 8 of those games and they played the #1 schedule in the nation. Why wouldn't we give them grace?? They about (should have) beat the undefeated #1 team in the nation, so yes I'm proud of this team. Down by 23 and missed fouls and a missed walking call by a red and we win the game Sometimes records doesn't dictate if someone should be proud of a team. Do I expect better? Yes. I also expect a team to give it their all no matter the cost. This team played their hearts out. Most teams fold and lick their wounds. This team fought to the very end. That's something to be proud of

Tough way to lose a game. We can second guess all we want but it was a lucky shot. We could have guarded her or we could have put someone on the ball on the out of bounds passer but we will never know. Just a tough one to take. Who knows, we may see them again. I doubt it but who knows.

Tough way to lose a game. We can second guess all we want but it was a lucky shot. We could have guarded her or we could have put someone on the ball on the out of bounds passer but we will never know. Just a tough one to take. Who knows, we may see them again. I doubt it but who knows.
That you’ve opened your 🧡 heart to the pain of such a disastrous result, casts a shadow of doubt on my previous evaluation of your position regarding the team. Hail Lady Vols!

VN Store

Back