So proud of this team! Great Comeback!

creekdipper

Gutsy play after digging a deep hole early and facing other adversity.

Thought we had the all-time comeback win and ultimate Lady Vol upset. Just wasn't meant to be.

Heartbroken for the players and staff
Team never gave up and played SC better than anyone this year. Took several miracle shots for SC to win.

Really mature young women during an incredibly tough moment in their young ladies. Stepped up in the moment.

Yeah, saw that gesture from Rickea supporting Kellie knowing that the hard questions were coming. She knew how much this meant to Kellie, too. Nice moment.

She's right. This team might have folded early in the year. Now they've played SC three times, getting better each opportunity. From double digits to eight points to literally losing the lead on a last-second shot.

Massive improvement in the toughness area. Any real fans wanted this one so badly for this group.

Really mature young women during an incredibly tough moment in their young ladies. Stepped up in the moment.

Yeah, saw that gesture from Rickea supporting Kellie knowing that the hard questions were coming. She knew how much this meant to Kellie, too. Nice moment.

She's right. This team might have folded early in the year. Now they've played SC three times, getting better each opportunity. From double digits to eight points to literally losing the lead on a last-second shot.

Massive improvement in the toughness area. Any real fans wanted this one so badly for this group.
That hand on the shoulder not only shows her relationship with Kellie but also Rikea’s maturity. That young woman came to us with immeasurable talent but was a little lost. Kellie sat her to make sure she understood what being a Lady Vol means. Rikea then had the added burden of injury this year when her team really needed her. She persevered over all of that to show everyone what that talent looks like when is wielded by a centered, mature young woman. And today we see the hand on her coach’s shoulder. The ability to put your own pain aside to offer a kindness to someone else in pain is truly one of the last steps into adulthood.
I could not be prouder of the woman Rikea has become.

That was a game! Almost gave up watching in the first half but then the ladies in orange dug in and almost pulled the upset.
1st off with time running out and Tennessee ahead by 2 points we fouled a shooter at half court trying for a desperation shot. With what 1.1 seconds left. SC got the ball on a throw in and passed to their best defensive player at the 3 point line who hasn't made a 3 pointer all year. We assumed she'd miss .... Her bank shot off the boards didn't and we put up no defense against her.
Kelly in my opinion is getting better and hopefully will have the Lady Vols ready to go for natties soon. She is a Pat alumni and I have confidence in her.
Feel for the LadyVols as they had this game in their grasp. Never assume and always play until that last buzzer signals the end of the game. Stand proud ladies! You had the #1 team shaking in their AirJordans.

Kellie Harper did a better job today then any of the other coaches did against South Carolina. She has the team playing there best ball at the right time. This was a very hard loss for the girls. I will always back them. As always go Lady Vol's.

You wonder how miserable people have to be in their own lives to joyfully come **** on this. Even if you think KJH is a bad coach or not the right coach how are you not heartbroken for all of them. Ya'll are scary weirdos.

Gutsy play after digging a deep hole early and facing other adversity.

Thought we had the all-time comeback win and ultimate Lady Vol upset. Just wasn't meant to be.

Heartbroken for the players and staff
Team never gave up and played SC better than anyone this year. Took several miracle shots for SC to win.
👏👏👏👏👏👏🧡🏀🧡

Fans need to stop being so soft and easy on this coach. What she did today on the last play is coaching malpractice. No other way to look at it
Hell I got ask to quit taking about by one of the posters said they where tired of hearing all the negative things I had said, so look out they on here the Kellie lovers don’t matter how many games she blows they still want her here

Reactions: Tnphil
Hell I got ask to quit taking about by one of the posters said they where tired of hearing all the negative things I had said, so look out they on here the Kellie lovers don’t matter how many games she blows they still want her here
No, we just want some space in one freakin thread to process the heartbreak we feel. Nothing to do w liking Kellie or wanting to keep her. Just that some of us are not finding this a reason for gleeful grave dancing.

That hand on the shoulder not only shows her relationship with Kellie but also Rikea’s maturity. That young woman came to us with immeasurable talent but was a little lost. Kellie sat her to make sure she understood what being a Lady Vol means. Rikea then had the added burden of injury this year when her team really needed her. She persevered over all of that to show everyone what that talent looks like when is wielded by a centered, mature young woman. And today we see the hand on her coach’s shoulder. The ability to put your own pain aside to offer a kindness to someone else in pain is truly one of the last steps into adulthood.
I could not be prouder of the woman Rikea has become.
Dammit Lucy….🥺🥺🥺

Absolutely heartbreaking 💔

But ladies, remember you were 1 point from knocking off the undefeated #1 team in the country. Use it as motivation to go out and kick butt in the tourney! You proved you can play with the very best, keep that confidence and shock the world!!!
Hopefully, they’ll get back to Knoxville and be able to rest and digest this game. Lots of stuff to learn from and build on. There ain’t a lot of crowing going on here in SC at the moment. They know they still have LSU to deal with. If they win, they might start crowing again. But they know they got lucky tonight. They are well aware they were almost on 26 headed back to Columbia. The 3 games this season, especially this one, did wonders for the Lady Vols credibility and the brand of the program. My heart hurts for them, but I hope they hold their heads high and channel this into effort in the NCAA tournament

Proud of this team, showed how tough and determined these ladies are today. Came up short but a lot of positives to take away. I know a loss is a loss whether by 1 point or 20 but dang it I think we could play with anyone in the country right now. If we play to our potential and everyone shows up we may shock some teams and fans.

If the men go 19-12 the coach and team are crucified. The women go 19-12 and we are proud of them. This is BS they need to be held to the same standards.
Did the men play an undefeated number one team 3 times… a number 2 team.. 3 more top 15 teams… and 2 MORE top 25 teams (One which is a P5 conference champ)?

Not all 19-12s are created equal. One shot away from 20-11. Two shots away from 21-10. And so on and so on.

Also I doubt u have any clue what this team has been thru this year…

Imagine the male Vols without Knecht during Maui and a month after

Last edited:

VN Store

Back