So let's talk Kentucky

The bammers that came by our tailgate and partook in our shine said that they don't even make it down there. Probably to complicated for them to make.

They do not know anything about "mule kick" because the Government has not provided them with the parts to make one, and they do not know what a "thump keg" or "worm box" is.:crazy:

I'm not sure he's as "mobile" as you might be giving him credit for. Towles is the real deal as a passer but his rushing attack isn't scaring anyone. To compare him to Dobbs from a speed/rushing standpoint is quite the stretch.

I said he's more mobile than people thought coming into the season. My point was that he's bigger and about just as fast as Dobbs. When he needs to run, he has all the tools to do so. Whatever the stats say, just watch Towles, and try to pretend the guy can't run. That being said, he's a better thrower than a runner, so he's not going to getting the chances Dobbs gets. Fwiw, Dobbs already has over 40+ attempts. Towles has barely over 100 through 4x the playing time. Idk if that includes sacks or not.

I said he's more mobile than people thought coming into the season. My point was that he's bigger and about just as fast as Dobbs. When he needs to run, he has all the tools to do so. Whatever the stats say, just watch Towles, and try to pretend the guy can't run. That being said, he's a better thrower than a runner, so he's not going to getting the chances Dobbs gets. Fwiw, Dobbs already has over 40+ attempts. Towles has barely over 100 through 4x the playing time. Idk if that includes sacks or not.

Towles isn't a bad runner. He does have speed. He is NOT as mobile or as gifted as a runner as Dobbs.

It is in dispute whether Dobbs is faster than Peterman... but there's no disputing who the better runner is.

Towles isn't a bad runner. He does have speed. He is NOT as mobile or as gifted as a runner as Dobbs.

Probably not. Dobbs seems to be a lot more elusive. Towles is a big guy with speed, but not gonna make people miss much in open field.

Probably not. Dobbs seems to be a lot more elusive. Towles is a big guy with speed, but not gonna make people miss much in open field.

There's really no probably about it. Dobbs just recently broke a QB rushing record at UT that's stood since the 1970's.

I respect Towles ability and athleticism. But he's not the threat to run against UT's D that Sims, Wallace, Keeton, Knighten, Knight, or even Driskel were. That's not a knock on him. CFB just has a lot of QB's who can run these days. He's a fast guy... but not a "runner".

Reactions: 1 person
In 9 games, Towles has 204 yds rushing. In two games, Dobbs has 241.

Pending today's game, remarkably similar seasons for Vols and Cats:

Both beat SC in overtime after trailing by two TDs in 4th.
Both played tough but lost by two TDs to a top five team (UT 34-20 to Bama, UK45-31 to MSU).
Both got waxed on the road to a good West team (UT 34-3 to Ole Miss, UK 41-3 to LSU).
Both team lost a game to FL they should have won, with a play clock controversy affecting both games

In 9 games, Towles has 204 yds rushing. In two games, Dobbs has 241.

Like I said, does that count sacks? And Dobbs already has 40 attempts. I think Towles only has around 100. Big difference in how the Qbs are used. I was never comparing stats, simply ability.

Yes, I think he is a good runner. He is a big dude. Good QB

KY is getting manhandled. That's why strength of schedule means so much more than just wins and losses. An easy front end schedule and you end your year with consecutive losses and disappointed fans. Playing tough teams early and ending strong energizes a young team and a hungry fan base.

KY is getting manhandled. That's why strength of schedule means so much more than just wins and losses. An easy front end schedule and you end your year with consecutive losses and disappointed fans. Playing tough teams early and ending strong energizes a young team and a hungry fan base.

Last years UK team would have been 3-3 where this years team was 5-1, probably 6-0 with a different call. The improvement is there. I do think we all judged a little soon. We've been in a couple games (MSU, Mizzou), and just don't play well enough consistently to earn the wins.

Umm I hope we get this KY team next week.. 👌👌🙏🙏

Go Vols!!! 🍊🍊🍊

Are they playing a CJP tribute game?
Lol

I picked the cats to win, dag nabbit

I knew UK's run defense was bad, but I had no idea just how bad. Georgia isn't really looking much better today. Georgia's defense that is.

VN Store

Back