So let's talk Kentucky

If UK's d is having this much trouble with one back,they are gonna be dizzy trying to stop Dobbs,Hurd,Pig and Von not to mention our wide outs too

If UK's d is having this much trouble with one back,they are gonna be dizzy trying to stop Dobbs,Hurd,Pig and Von not to mention our wide outs too

What's bad is they aren't even having to deal with the extra element of a running QB in this one either, Dobbs may have another huge rushing night.

Although let's be honest, they'll do what everyone else has done and target Justin Coleman, and they'll get yards/points off that so it still may be close.

What's bad is they aren't even having to deal with the extra element of a running QB in this one either, Dobbs may have another huge rushing night.

Although let's be honest, they'll do what everyone else has done and target Justin Coleman, and they'll get yards/points off that so it still may be close.
We go back to man on d and Coleman is no longer on an island by himself

If UT doesn't score 40 by the 4th I'll be shocked. We absolutely suck whenever the ball is in the hands of an opponent. Doesn't matter who it is. We play scared or something. Returned kickoffs/punts, running backs right up the middle, bad Qb's carving us up. I just hope we don't get embarrassed at this point.

I said he's more mobile than people thought coming into the season. My point was that he's bigger and about just as fast as Dobbs. When he needs to run, he has all the tools to do so. Whatever the stats say, just watch Towles, and try to pretend the guy can't run. That being said, he's a better thrower than a runner, so he's not going to getting the chances Dobbs gets. Fwiw, Dobbs already has over 40+ attempts. Towles has barely over 100 through 4x the playing time. Idk if that includes sacks or not.

He can run, UTs gonna have to play him honestly, because he can hurt you and move the sticks by running. Also, he may run a similar type 40 time as Dobbs, but he's not in his league regarding his running quickness, instincts and ultimate production. If Tennessee doesn't contain Towles well when he runs the ball, he'll run for 50-60 yards. Conversely, if Ky doesn't contain Dobbs, he'll go for 150+. Towles has 101 carries for 204 yds and 4 tds to this point through 9 games. Dobbs is 43 for 241yds and 3 tds in less than 2 full games. That's 2 yards per carry for Towles and nearly 6 ypc for Dobbs.

Im more concerned about Towles' ability to stand in the pocket and throw the ball.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be honest from what I'm seeing here Barnett/AJ/Maggit may spend more time in their backfield than their RB's.

I'm not sure he's as "mobile" as you might be giving him credit for. Towles is the real deal as a passer but his rushing attack isn't scaring anyone. To compare him to Dobbs from a speed/rushing standpoint is quite the stretch.

To put that point in perspective, Dobbs has rushed for more yards in 2 games (1 of which he didn't start) than Towles has rushed for in 9. No disrespect, maybe Towles can move for his size, but so could Worley. I think if I'm coaching the UT defense I'm going to stop him from throwing on me, if he wants to run I'm making him prove he can run by AJ Johnson before I respect his "mobility."

Looking pretty mobile against uga. Just ran out of a sack for a 14 yard gain. We better be ready for his running.

I'm glad Georgia is up 25 points with 7 minutes or so left in the 3rd. They are gonna start pounding the rock on the ground wearing out a thin Kentucky defense.

Reactions: 1 person
Looking pretty mobile against uga. Just ran out of a sack for a 14 yard gain. We better be ready for his running.

He is mobile and he can hurt you with his legs. He's just not gonna beat you with his legs. He averages 2 ypc this year on more than 100 rushes.

For all the credit Stoops gets, these players' body language spelled "quit" from the moment the second half began.

Punch 'em in the mouth early and we win by 13+. I'm still a bit concerned, however, if keep it close in the first 20 minutes.

Stoops will be hyping this meeting as Kentucky's bowl game. Gotta score early and make a statement.

Punch 'em in the mouth early and we win by 13+. I'm still a bit concerned, however, if keep it close in the first 20 minutes.

UGA punched us in the mouth and led 21-0. We came back to make it 24-35 game, with the ball and then our wr makes a bad play on a ball and gets in picked off.

UK will be down early, just a matter of having a mistake free game after and keeping it close until the 4th.

UGA punched us in the mouth and led 21-0. We came back to make it 24-35 game, with the ball and then our wr makes a bad play on a ball and gets in picked off.

UK will be down early, just a matter of having a mistake free game after and keeping it close until the 4th.

Tough game today LittleCat. Y'all are on the way up though. I think KY and UT are going to emerge as legitimate SEC East contenders sooner rather than later, and SC, Florida, and Vandy are all on a downward spiral at a rapid rate.

You guys won't be playing in Lexington. You will get buried alive in Knoxville with that deficit. With the open date, the city and fans of this winning starved program will very much be into the game. Vol fans have not been this encouraged or excited this late in a season since 2007.

Some of the comments I'm seeing from UK fans...

Tennessee is going to break us in half.

UT may be down, but this team can't handle going into Neyland

I haven't seen a beating like this since I forged my report card in the 5th grade!

On UT....
Although I don't think that looks like a good chacne at all

Both UT and L-ville are outstanding defensive teams.

You guys won't be playing in Lexington. You will get buried alive in Knoxville with that deficit. With the open date, the city and fans of this winning starved program will very much be into the game. Vol fans have not been this encouraged or excited this late in a season since 2007.

I don't think UT will get out to a 21-0 lead. Probably more of a 13-3, 10-0 kinda game. Not sold completely on the UT offense, but who knows with how we've played today.

I don't think UT will get out to a 21-0 lead. Probably more of a 13-3, 10-0 kinda game. Not sold completely on the UT offense, but who knows with how we've played today.

65 points in 6 quarters is trending explosive. You have to get in a track meet to have a shot and hope we turn it over. Again, you are not very good on the road.

Tough game today LittleCat. Y'all are on the way up though. I think KY and UT are going to emerge as legitimate SEC East contenders sooner rather than later, and SC, Florida, and Vandy are all on a downward spiral at a rapid rate.

Kentucky sec east contender ? Good grief.....

65 points in 6 quarters is trending explosive. You have to get in a track meet to have a shot and hope we turn it over. Again, you are not very good on the road.

I think both teams will come out a little slow. UT might not, but UK has all year. UT will probably jump out to a 10-14 point lead, and it'll be on UK to wake up and start scoring too.

Really? Help yourself to a review of the Bama game.

I can understand why USCe might not be that impressive... but the Bama performance by Dobbs after the coaches spotted Bama a couple of series by starting Peterman was nothing short of outstanding.

Kentucky sec east contender ? Good grief.....

Quit being a tool. Especially to LittleCat. He's probably not in the best mood right now and you're one of the more annoying posters on this board.

At no point has LC said they are going to beat us and you're arguing with him like he's talking trash.

Reactions: 7 people
Well I'm not basing anything next week on todays game. They will come in with a completely different gameplan and mindset. I doubt Stoops will hype us up as any type of bowl like game. He may hype them up that we are the better chance, compared to UL which is a rival, of them getting to 6 wins and making a bowl game though.

I think it will be a close first half and then we will pull away late in the 3rd and seal it in the 4th. Mentally we are pretty equal teams and as far as a experience, im not sure, but I think they have a little more. But in the end, regardless of what some here think, we just have too much overall talent and skill for them to keep up.

VN Store

Back