So let's talk Kentucky

I don't think UK's run defense is stout enough to give them a win in this game. It might be close but I think Hurd, and Dobbs will be too much for them to handle. If we can control the clock and the tempo then it should be easier to beat them. Hopefully our defense decides to show up this week and I'm sure A LOT will be addressed in the bye week on the defensive side of the football.

Kentucky needs to get that 6th win in order to qualify for a bowl game but I don't see it happening. UGA at Commonwealth, Tennessee & Louisville are away games for them. They should have beaten Florida when they had the chance and that would have put them in a bowl game.

Kentucky needs to get that 6th win in order to qualify for a bowl game but I don't see it happening. UGA at Commonwealth, Tennessee & Louisville are away games for them. They should have beaten Florida when they had the chance and that would have put them in a bowl game.

Actually they did beat Florida.....

If the ref would have called the game over, when it was over(By the game clock), FL does not have time to score their last points. Kentucky was cheated. :hi:

It wasn't the game clock; it was the play clock. UF would still have had another chance, although granted it would have been 4th and goal from the 12 after the penalty.

Same as the UT game. If the ref had called the delay of game, as he should have, UF would still had another chance at the FG, although it would have been a 52 yd attempt after the penalty.

Bottom line though; SEC refs suck.

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly the only guys that scare me are Dupree and Kemp. I think I read somewhere that Dupree is the active sack leader in the SEC. They have decent skill players but nothing that should make us shake in our boots. Game is in Knoxville so we should win by 2 scores. If the game were in Lexington it would be different but they don't play well on the road. They beat USC and gave Miss St a game at home but got destroyed by LSU on the road. If they played Bama this year they would've gotten beat down by 40. They are on rise but they're not beating us in Knoxville.

Honestly the only guys that scare me are Dupree and Kemp. I think I read somewhere that Dupree is the active sack leader in the SEC. They have decent skill players but nothing that should make us shake in our boots. Game is in Knoxville so we should win by 2 scores. If the game were in Lexington it would be different but they don't play well on the road. They beat USC and gave Miss St a game at home but got destroyed by LSU on the road. If they played Bama this year they would've gotten beat down by 40. They are on rise but they're not beating us in Knoxville.

Not concerned about Towles?

Nope I think he can be had. He throws ducks and he is not as mobile as everyone talks him up to be. Barnett, AJ, and Curt will be on him all day. And I think our d will get at least 2 picks. Doesn't throw well down the field and if he's getting hit all day we will end up with some turnovers.

Am I the only one worried about UK? I feel most on Volnation are writing them off but they are a legit threat and can easily hang with us. If Dobbs keeps being spectacular then it will be the question of can our defense contain them?

Nope I think he can be had. He throws ducks and he is not as mobile as everyone talks him up to be. Barnett, AJ, and Curt will be on him all day. And I think our d will get at least 2 picks. Doesn't throw well down the field and if he's getting hit all day we will end up with some turnovers.

Fwiw Towles is bigger and about as fast as Dobbs is (Maybe the 40 time i remember for Dobbs is old). He can run, I think a lot of UK fans/coaches just don't like depending on him running. He is certainly mobile, much more than people thought coming into the season.

He throws the ball well down the field, so idk what's that about. No QB can throw well if he's getting hit a lot. UT fans saw that plenty with Worely. If Towles has a good pocket throughout the day, he could carve up the Vols. Kid is a legit sec QB. Probably one of the more interesting prospects in the sec at the position.

Fwiw Towles is bigger and about as fast as Dobbs is (Maybe the 40 time i remember for Dobbs is old). He can run, I think a lot of UK fans/coaches just don't like depending on him running. He is certainly mobile, much more than people thought coming into the season.

He throws the ball well down the field, so idk what's that about. No QB can throw well if he's getting hit a lot. UT fans saw that plenty with Worely. If Towles has a good pocket throughout the day, he could carve up the Vols. Kid is a legit sec QB. Probably one of the more interesting prospects in the sec at the position.

I'm not sure he's as "mobile" as you might be giving him credit for. Towles is the real deal as a passer but his rushing attack isn't scaring anyone. To compare him to Dobbs from a speed/rushing standpoint is quite the stretch.

To put that point in perspective, Dobbs has rushed for more yards in 2 games (1 of which he didn't start) than Towles has rushed for in 9. No disrespect, maybe Towles can move for his size, but so could Worley. I think if I'm coaching the UT defense I'm going to stop him from throwing on me, if he wants to run I'm making him prove he can run by AJ Johnson before I respect his "mobility."

Reactions: 3 people

Hes no better than keeton or thompson in my eyes and we made the plays we needed to to beat those guys. Im not too worried about anh of the qbs left on the schedule. I think tennessee rolls boys. Call me crazy, and il eat crow if im wrong but i think its a 3 td win. 45-24. Hurd has a huge day with over 150 yards rushing and another 50 receiving.

Am I the only one worried about UK? I feel most on Volnation are writing them off but they are a legit threat and can easily hang with us. If Dobbs keeps being spectacular then it will be the question of can our defense contain them?

The last thirty years may have many thinking this will not be a challenge, not all feel that way however.. it can be emotional.. especially during a bye week. Just having to wait and wonder.... it can drive a fan crazy:crazy:

VN Store

Back