So, Bobby Denton...

How old is Bobby Denton now like 90,he cant get the names right half the time and it actually sounds like he gets excited when the other team scores or something bad happens to us,yea its time for Bobby to leave he sucks now.

Gets excited when the other team scores? Really? He employed by ESPN, you think?

We have to give Bobby a few years. Its a young team and it takes times to get this built up. Getting rid of Bobby now will just send us into a downward spiral. Oh wait...

I've always wondered why he says, "We urge you to pay these prices and please pay no more." It seems pretty stupid to me but he's been saying it for 40+ years so it has become an icon.

If you saw this on the menu at a restaurant or at a department store you would scratch your head.

I've always wondered why he says, "We urge you to pay these prices and please pay no more." It seems pretty stupid to me but he's been saying it for 40+ years so it has become an icon.

If you saw this on the menu at a restaurant or at a department store you would scratch your head.

You do know he's referring to scalping tickets, right?

You do know he's referring to scalping tickets, right?

No, he's not...he is referring to the prices of the concession items. He is talking about the concession items immediately before the 'pay no more' statement.

And yes, I can't even imagine what it will sound like in the stadium next year without him.....he has been the voice of Neyland Stadium since I started going to games in the 70s.

I've got nothing but love for Bobby, but it's time for him to go.

I agree. We need to replace him with some Lady GAGA music rolicking the stadium crowd. Then have the team run in wearing our new Black on black uniforms to some cool HIP HOP music. It is 2011 not 1998.:crazy:

Doesn't matter. UT fans will find another whipping boy to witch and moan about. Never happy....never satisfied....with anything...about anyone. It's been that way for as long as I can remember in my 50+ years. Reached a fever pitch with any and every member of the Fulmer staff and has carried on with just about every coach and admin outside of Summit. Fire 'em...fire 'em all. That's the new Vol mantra.
Amen! I never thought I would see the day we conducted ourselves like Alabamy fans but its here. Sad!

Bobby is not the only PA guy that screws up. The Alabama PA guy called Maggitt maggot the whole game this year. But I am sure all of our VN pros would have studied both rosters all week and would never make a mistake.

Thanks to this man, I will never, EVER, pay more than the posted price for concessions. If he is retiring, thanks for the years of service and best of luck.

So...does that mean we'll have another replacement like boring buckeye bob? Augggghhhhh~!

Any idea as to who replaces Bobby yet? The guy who did the orange and white game? Sorry if someone has already cleared this up. I, for one, will miss Bobby and his calling of every outside run a pitch.

Any idea as to who replaces Bobby yet? The guy who did the orange and white game? Sorry if someone has already cleared this up. I, for one, will miss Bobby and his calling of every outside run a pitch.

Was it ever confirmed that he wasn't going to be around this year? I don't think we ever determined that.

I believe Bobby will be back, haven't heard otherwise. He hasn't done the Orange and White game for several years.

If he elects not to return, it will be Jeff Jarnigan, who does men's basketball (outside of the awful intros), and is program director of B97.5 in Knoxville, who also does the spring game.

I hope he comes back, I was not too impressed with Jeff at the Orange and White game (he is much better at basketball).

VN Store

Back