So, Bobby Denton...

Doesn't matter. UT fans will find another whipping boy to witch and moan about. Never happy....never satisfied....with anything...about anyone. It's been that way for as long as I can remember in my 50+ years. Reached a fever pitch with any and every member of the Fulmer staff and has carried on with just about every coach and admin outside of Summit. Fire 'em...fire 'em all. That's the new Vol mantra.

Maybe for the younger VOL fans, but not the fans that have been around for several decades. Bobby is an Icon in TN VOL history! Back in the day, listening to him on the radio calling the games, he was always so energetic! My whole family listening to the radio for the results of the play that was happening during the games. Great memories of my brother and i trying to impersonate him for our family! LOL Such simple times then compared to today's times and expectations. I wish him the very best! :salute:

I think it's pretty self evident in your defensive attitude.

You're entitled to your opinion just like I'm entitled to mine. We just happen to disagree on this one. Doesn't make either one of us right.

actually I've been aggresive attitude towards you. not defensive. in the past 5 years have you kept up with all the name changes? been alot of player changes.

actually I've been aggresive attitude towards you. not defensive. in the past 5 years have you kept up with all the name changes? been alot of player changes.

I'm sure I'm going to regret this, but I'm going to say it anyway. If it was your job to PA a game in Neyland Stadium would you not make it your business to know the names of the players on the team and the correct way to pronounce them? If it was mine, yes I would of kept up with all of the players on the team each year.

It will be sad to see Bobby go, but would you rather remember him as the guy who did a great job or the guy who couldn't pronounce the names of players correctly, burps into the mic, etc?

For those who pointed out the problems he had at the SC game, the video board guys didn't do him any favors. I'll give him that.

For those who pointed out the problems he had at the SC game, the video board guys didn't do him any favors. I'll give him that.
I had forgotten about that. Either Denton's script was bad or the video guy really screwed up the editing.

anyway, this reminds me of John Ward calling it a Career. Bobby Denton will be missed.

I am never going to get over losing Ward and replacing him with Bob. I hate to see who they would replace Denton with because his booming voice is the best part after a long awaited early September game saying "It's Football time in Teeeennnnneeeessseeee!!!!" I have heard his mistakes but the guy is a legend.

I'm sure I'm going to regret this, but I'm going to say it anyway. If it was your job to PA a game in Neyland Stadium would you not make it your business to know the names of the players on the team and the correct way to pronounce them? If it was mine, yes I would of kept up with all of the players on the team each year.

It will be sad to see Bobby go, but would you rather remember him as the guy who did a great job or the guy who couldn't pronounce the names of players correctly, burps into the mic, etc?

yes, but all the names over all the years. damn I can't even remember the name of 2nd girl I ever had sex with. Its like people wanting Lee Corsoe out because he is having problems. he matters way to much to be out even if he is struggling.

I remember a game with Memphis right after they changed their name from Memphis State to just Memphis. We were sitting next to some Tiger fans, and Bobby kept calling them Memphis State every single time. They were getting pissed. "It's Memphis!" For that, Denton will have my eternal respect and gratitude.

Reactions: 1 person
I had forgotten about that. Either Denton's script was bad or the video guy really screwed up the editing.

Again, at the risk of regretting this and generating "We are Tennessee not Alabama!" comments did anyone think the way Alabama handled the starting line up was pretty cool? I thought the players announcing themselves was rather awesome.

The guy who "motivated" between quarters though was way over the top.

yes, but all the names over all the years. damn I can't even remember the name of 2nd girl I ever had sex with. Its like people wanting Lee Corsoe out because he is having problems. he matters way to much to be out even if he is struggling.

ESPN still employs Lou....his commentary and predictions are as bad as the succumpinsucumptash he speaks..I wish Bobby could make it atleast one more year. We have had enough bad news lately.

ESPN still employs Lou....his commentary and predictions are as bad as the succumpinsucumptash he speaks..I wish Bobby could make it atleast one more year. We have had enough bad news lately.

Every time I watch a segment with Lou Holtz I feel like I need a shower.

I remember a game with Memphis right after they changed their name from Memphis State to just Memphis. We were sitting next to some Tiger fans, and Bobby kept calling them Memphis State every single time. They were getting pissed. "It's Memphis!" For that, Denton will have my eternal respect and gratitude.

:lolabove: I hear ya...RESPECT.

Bobby Denton is a Tennessee legend and will be forever remembered in our great tradition. Definitely no reason to be bad mouthing him. The man's a legend.

Bobby Denton is as much Tennessee football as John Ward....I grew up listening to him announcing at the stadium....Will be strange not hearing him anymore.

Hearing his voice when you get into the stadium gives me chills everytime. BIG shoes to fill replacing him.

Would be nice to know if this is just a rumor or its confirmed.
I will never forget its...4th and.......the RIVER.

I saw something about the "retirement" on the IMG Facebook page, you scroll down and it says last time to hear Denton THIS YEAR. I doubt he's going anywhere. I always love it when these left coast teams come to Neyland, the names are a bit different. :)

Bobby Denton is a Tennessee legend and will be forever remembered in our great tradition. Definitely no reason to be bad mouthing him. The man's a legend.

His voice makes up for all his name eff-ups in my book. Still found it odd that he referred to Marlon Walls as "Marion Walls" for an entire game this year.

Again, at the risk of regretting this and generating "We are Tennessee not Alabama!" comments did anyone think the way Alabama handled the starting line up was pretty cool? I thought the players announcing themselves was rather awesome.

The guy who "motivated" between quarters though was way over the top.

Your comments in this thread make me wanna kick your puppy in the mouth. Does that explain properly how I feel about you showing no respect to a Tennessee institution?? The next post you get will not be so kind. I'm no e-tough guy....but you just ruffled my D*** feathers. Some things are sacred bro....leave it be. :thumbsup:

Your comments in this thread make me wanna kick your puppy in the mouth. Does that explain properly how I feel about you showing no respect to a Tennessee institution?? The next post you get will not be so kind. I'm no e-tough guy....but you just ruffled my D*** feathers. Some things are sacred bro....leave it be. :thumbsup:

You're no tough guy, and you have ruffled feathers in your nether region? PSU grad?

How old is Bobby Denton now like 90,he cant get the names right half the time and it actually sounds like he gets excited when the other team scores or something bad happens to us,yea its time for Bobby to leave he sucks now.

VN Store

Back