So Bama #1 again. How is this even possible?

Honestly you do start to wonder what he's telling some of these kids. I mean unless you're a stud you're probably not getting on the field early at all at Bama. Seems odd to me that he convinces that many really good recruits every year to come in a ride the bench. He is Saban, and he has prestige and a hand full of championship rings so i guess that's enough..

Ask Alvin Kamara when he gets here.

The answer is they shouldn't be number 1 for four or five years in a row. It would be great to be top 5 for five years in a row, but number 1, it's never happened until now. I don't know how they do it? You know every coach that recruits against them lets recruits know about all the 4 and 5 star players in front of them, and that they will not come in and play right away. They could go to other schools, good SEC schools, and play as true freshman, but they would rather go to Bama and wait. It's a mystery to me.

UK basketball gets the #1 class pretty much every year. UK may cheat--Teflon John is slick--but Bama has an analog nevertheless. I doubt Bama is cheating since selling NCs and multiple first round draft picks every year would seem to be enough. Saban has built an insane program. I think Butch attacks program building in a similar way but Saban had more talent to work with immediately and more name recognition with the LSU NC and the NFL pedigree.

You go to Bama, you know you're gonna win. You know you're gonna compete. You know he's gonna get the best out of you. Saban goes after the best, and then pushes them to be the best. You wanna be the best, you wanna play for Saban.

It's taken a while for him to develop that, but it's how people see him. Butch is doing the same thing here at Tennessee. Players like Scott, Helm, Hendrix leaving? We cater to nobody. You're gonna have to earn your playing time here. We're gonna get the best out of you. If you don't like it, if you can't handle it, transfer.

But that's how Saban does it. Players know that it's a proving ground, and the best want to prove themselves.

Well said and I totally agree. To follow your point about transferring, 4 and 5* players leave Alabama all the time, too. They just load back up and move on. Part of the process of winning championships

They wanted to go to 7-6 bammer team his first yr. Give benefits to the best and juice em when they come in is what I think how it got started. Also I remember their being a guy that got fired @ rivals I think and he atmitted they gave more stars to the bammer commits. Not that makes em better players, but to appease the fans. $$$

Because Saban had already shown he was capable of winning the SEC and national titles by the time he got to Bammer. It's the same thing as Urban luring a top 4 class after 2 months on the job and OSU coming off a 6-7 season. Kids know he and Saban win.

VN Store

Back