So Bama #1 again. How is this even possible?

Well, top talent doesn't believe they'll be riding the bench. Top talent believes they will play. And even if they have to "ride the bench" for 2-3 years, if they come out and play 1-2 years, somehow they automatically become a top NFL prospect, and have a good chance at making great money. I mean, no doubt, Bama puts out the NFL prospects, especially on the defensive side.

Of course. That's why 5 star Dee Hart is showing out at CSU and 5 star Alvin Kamara is coming to Tennessee. Very stupid analysis if you really believe 5 star talent is OK with sitting a few years.

I saw this Bammer on FB tonight said they had 14 commits at the UA game. Is that true?

Most of them were in their mid 40s and didn't graduate HS. 3 of them were women with cigarettes hanging out of their grooved lips. Yeah it's probably true. Row Tahd!!

Last edited:
I just wish they would get caught in recruiting violations or something. Im tired of hearing bama this, bama that, oh look bama with another top 10 recruit. I even heard the excuse on tv today that bama was a young team and thats why they lost.. They had hardly any if any underclassman starting, I HATE BAMA

The answer is they shouldn't be number 1 for four or five years in a row. It would be great to be top 5 for five years in a row, but number 1, it's never happened until now. I don't know how they do it? You know every coach that recruits against them lets recruits know about all the 4 and 5 star players in front of them, and that they will not come in and play right away. They could go to other schools, good SEC schools, and play as true freshman, but they would rather go to Bama and wait. It's a mystery to me.

Of course. That's why 5 star Dee Hart is showing out at CSU and 5 star Alvin Kamara is coming to Tennessee. Very stupid analysis if you really believe 5 star talent is OK with sitting a few years.

Not all of them are, of course not. But Dee Hart also knows while he is playing at CSU, he won't get near the exposure or the support he would have at Bama. Kamara will be comparable here at UT. But Saban prides himself on making kids the best they can be. He develops players well. And not everyone is content with sitting behind someone else for a while. I suppose a kid like Kamara came in, tried his best to earn playing time and upset the order, saw that at a program like Bama, he would be waiting for a bit, and determined he would rather play sooner rather than later. Doesn't mean he's not a competitor. Some kids don't care at all about playing time.

I'm just saying the best players want to see if they can come in and earn a spot on the best rosters. And some, if they come and try and earn that spot, then they do very well. Others if they come and try, and don't, decide they're going to go elsewhere.

I mean, it's even happening here now. Hendrix for example. Great player, and I believe if he would have stuck it out, would have done good things here. BUT, wasn't getting the playing time he wanted right off the bat. Decided he would rather go somewhere else and play more immediately. Most likely, he won't get the same exposure or development that he would have here. But....he wants to play. So he will. Same with Scott. He'll go somewhere where he can play quicker rather than later.

Money talks. Oh, and I'm sure the winning thing helps too.

As much as it pains me to say this, it's true. Most recruits would rather be12-2 with a Sugar Bowl loss than 7-6 with a Taxslayer Bowl win. In a nutshell, that is why Ala**** will stay ahead of Tennessee for the next couple years, at a minimum.

I don't understand why a player would rather sit the bench for 2 years, than actually get to play in a game...win or lose :cray::crazy::crazy: I would not think there would be much satisfaction in watching a win from the bench.:rock:

They bust their ass in recruiting. They know every player practically everywhere they are probably working on their '17 & 18 classes now.

If you can get them in a close game however, they (Saban staff) ain't all that special.

As much as it pains me to say this, it's true. Most recruits would rather be12-2 with a Sugar Bowl loss than 7-6 with a Taxslayer Bowl win. In a nutshell, that is why Ala**** will stay ahead of Tennessee for the next couple years, at a minimum.

They wanted to go to 7-6 bammer team his first yr. Give benefits to the best and juice em when they come in is what I think how it got started. Also I remember their being a guy that got fired @ rivals I think and he atmitted they gave more stars to the bammer commits. Not that makes em better players, but to appease the fans. $$$

Last edited:
They wanted to go to 7-6 bammer team his first yr. Give benefits to the best and juice em when they come in is what I think how it got started

It's hard to deny they run one of the best juice stands in the business.

It's not really that hard to comprehend. Alabama plays for national championships and churns out NFL talent. it's a pretty easy pitch to sell to recruits

Reactions: 1 person

Breaking news: All people who have ever drawn a breath would pick 12-2 over 7-6.

Very similar to Ky in BB. The second teamers get drafted too, and they always play for a Nat. Championship (8 out of 10 yrs anyway)

It's not really that hard to comprehend. Alabama plays for national championships and churns out NFL talent. it's a pretty easy pitch to sell to recruits

Yet some of VN has this SEC pride crap

I think this is an indictment on Saban's coaching ability. He should win championships every year. I think his coaching has slipped a little. Flame away rednecks.

I agree. How do you let ohio st beat you. You have locked down the number 1 or 2 class every freakin year.

I agree. How do you let ohio st beat you. You have locked down the number 1 or 2 class every freakin year.

Because Urban Meyer has been recruiting at nearly the same level at Ohio State. There's not a hell of a lot of difference between the top 5 recruiting classes.

I'm not a huge fan of cliches, but there's a reason I've loved Butch's "Brick By Brick" campaign.

What Saban has done is build a foundation at Alabama in which results are consistent, whether it be 10+ yearly wins, top recruiting classes or minimal off-the-field disruptions.

The infrastructure he's built there - and the consistency of it - is the reason why they continue to recruit at such a high level.

Phil Fulmer's end days, as well as Urbie's at UF, are a great example of how flux can kill a program regardless of past success. I don't care how strong you were five years ago, if you're bringing in hot and cold recruiting classes like Phil or lose control of your players' ability to be decent human beings like Urbie, you're gonna suffer.

People saying how can kids come to a school and sit down for a couple of years may want to look at our team. We'll be there very soon. Our guys made more plays than the Bama boys......

VN Store

Back