Shooting in California, multiple locations, victims

The thing that I don't understand about atheists is that you all feel that you must piss on the believers, and belittle their faith.

I am not religious, and don't go to church, but I am more than happy to let others believe what they want to believe. What is it about you guys that you can't just let show a little tolerance for folks that have a different viewpoint? You seem to be angry at the world.

Devout atheists are quite hypocritical. There are atheists and there are devout atheists.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I agree that saying someone you know is in your thoughts is a customary expression of condolence, as are prayers.

Saying it for people you don't know, murdered and in a way that raises yet again the question of whether we need to make a political choice that could save lives in the future, seems cheap and insincere.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree that saying someone you know is in your thoughts is a customary expression of condolence, as are prayers.

Saying it for people you don't know, murdered and in a way that raises yet again the question of whether we need to make a political choice that could save lives in the future, seems cheap and insincere.

What political choices would have saved lives?

Doesn’t CA already have strict gun control laws protecting its people from gun violence?

I would find it borderline offensive if my family member was a victim.

Somebody donating blood, or time, or resources to help would mean much more. Even an offer of help not taken means more.

You should probably get offline right now and do something about it. You're wasting time on here where you could be donating resources. You've wasted valuable time on here.

Last edited:
Doesn’t CA already have strict gun control laws protecting its people from gun violence?

Probably some southern hillbilly who got lost in CA looking for a white supremacist rally. He saw a Clinton Kaine bumper sticker and was triggered.

It’s surprising to me how many stupid hillbilly Trump lovers live in southside Chicago.

Calling for a ban on silencers immediately after a mass shooting that had nothing to do with silencers seems cheap and insincere no?

Reactions: 4 people
The thing that I don't understand about atheists is that you all feel that you must piss on the believers, and belittle their faith.

I am not religious, and don't go to church, but I am more than happy to let others believe what they want to believe. What is it about you guys that you can't just let show a little tolerance for folks that have a different viewpoint? You seem to be angry at the world.

Goodness, I’m not pissing on religion. I’m upset at the constant empty phrases from politicians who just tweet this and go about their day. I’m not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Reactions: 6 people
How about tripling our efforts to deal with the human side of the equation and doubling them on keeping guns out of the hands of people who have not demonstrated excellent judgment and stability?
When the Dims are back in control I Am sure they will create a whole new department of the .gov to address the problem. Then raise taxes to pay for it and accomplish absolutely nothing except create a bunch of gubbamint employee jobs/retirements that we all have to pay for.

Their "agenda" is to save innocent lives by getting rid of guns, which, er, kill people.
I just looked at mine. Still hasn't killed anyone.

I did sneak up on it though so it might have had time to take on a look of innocence.

its pretty interesting continuing to see the dichotomy in the arguments people make on similar subject types. I am guilty of it too. but the gun/drug argument is what in particular interests me at the moment.

Both drugs and guns are quiet adept at killing people when not used properly. some are fine with the individual use of drugs as long as you don't hurt someone else, but often they are not fine with the individual use of guns, even if they don't kill someone. while the opposite is true as well, gun toters tend to be against individual use of drugs even when no one is hurt.

speaking in generalities.

its pretty interesting continuing to see the dichotomy in the arguments people make on similar subject types. I am guilty of it too. but the gun/drug argument is what in particular interests me at the moment.

Both drugs and guns are quiet adept at killing people when not used properly. some are fine with the individual use of drugs as long as you don't hurt someone else, but often they are not fine with the individual use of guns, even if they don't kill someone. while the opposite is true as well, gun toters tend to be against individual use of drugs even when no one is hurt.

speaking in generalities.
That is a fair point, but if you want to OD on pain killers or heroine, that's your business. But don't ask me to then pay for your food or housing, healthcare... etc... because you don't work.

That is a fair point, but if you want to OD on pain killers or heroine, that's your business. But don't ask me to then pay for your food or housing, healthcare... etc... because you don't work.

i am fine getting rid of anything that resembles government provided welfare

Unfortunately a lot of these people have kids, so it isn’t as easy as saying kill yourself if you want. The state will still bear the burden of raising the children. Who are at a high likelihood of winding up like their parents.

We are on track this year for 70k+ drug overdose deaths. For comparison 10-12k are murdered each year.

Unfortunately a lot of these people have kids, so it isn’t as easy as saying kill yourself if you want. The state will still bear the burden of raising the children. Who are at a high likelihood of winding up like their parents.

We are on track this year for 70k+ drug overdose deaths. For comparison 10-12k are murdered each year.

I'm interested on hearing solutions for these kids, because the vast majority of the anti-welfare crowd's vitriol is directed towards the parents, but there are rarely solutions/answers for how to deal with the children.

I'm interested on hearing solutions for these kids, because the vast majority of the anti-welfare crowd's vitriol is directed towards the parents, but there are rarely solutions/answers for how to deal with the children.

don't do drugs, kids are taken care of. its that easy.

Reactions: 1 person
hey slice, if you find my parent's stash let me know. Christmas will be more interesting this year.

VN Store

Back