Sheriron jones transferring

Love this guy. Sad to see him go but he wants to play and I can't blame him for that.

Good luck, tear them up, young man!

Reactions: 1 person
Good luck to him. He did more from the sidelines than some players do on the field. Kid has spirit and fight in him for sure.

Reactions: 2 people
I wish him the best of luck where ever he winds up.

Reading this thread is a reminder of how VFL is a moving target and situational.

If someone were to ask any of you:

If (insert player named) asked for and was granted a full release not only once, but twice, would you consider him a VFL?

Just goes to show, it's all in how a player handles themselves during their time here. You have one guy firing his team up and was a catalyst in a victory over a tough Va Tech team and another guy quit in the middle of a game. All in the same season.

Reactions: 7 people
Do you recall Dooley? We had a O-lineman that needed to transfer and Dooley gave him a list of teams that he could not play for. Kid ended going to Alabama and died of a supposed drug overdose.
"Full Release" probably means that there are no restrictions to him transferring to any University....

Aaron Douglas of Maryville... and per an autopsy report he did die from multiple drug toxicity.

I really did not think he would transfer again. On a positive note, we must really have a sleeper in McBride if he passed Jones on the depth chart.

Just goes to show, it's all in how a player handles themselves during their time here. You have one guy firing his team up and was a catalyst in a victory over a tough Va Tech team and another guy quit in the middle of a game. All in the same season.

I agree. But you have to admit it's sort of odd to be granted 2 releases from a school and still have the well wishes of the fan base. He's a good kid.

I really did not think he would transfer again. On a positive note, we must really have a sleeper in McBride if he passed Jones on the depth chart.

The first transfer didn't actually count against him because of the short time period, and since he never enrolled. As I understand it's like it never happened. He flew to Denver, went sight seeing in Boulder, and came back home.

McBride did really good in the spring game, for it seemed like he went truly unnoticed.

McBride is not as athletic, but with a bigger arm. Kid can spin it.

Hope he has a successful career wherever he lands. Love this kid's passion and as others have mentioned, he is a VFL in my book.

Last edited:
I agree. But you have to admit it's sort of odd to be granted 2 releases from a school and still have the well wishes of the fan base. He's a good kid.

Fans only get upset when a starter, projected starter, or 2nd string guy leaves. The truth is that he wasn't getting playing time so him leaving doesn't really have a negative impact on the team

He was always motivated and cheering on the sidelines which is hard to do if you're not getting any playing time. Good luck young man.

Good luck to him. He seems to have a very likeable personality. Hope he does well.

Fans only get upset when a starter, projected starter, or 2nd string guy leaves. The truth is that he wasn't getting playing time so him leaving doesn't really have a negative impact on the team

And some fans do fondly remember his leadership during the Virginia Tech game when things weren't going well for our offensive and do genuinely appreciate his attitude. He showed that there are different ways a player can contribute so I wouldn't be so quick to say that his departure doesn't really have a negative impact on the team.

Reactions: 3 people
I wish nothing but the best for him.

Hard to forget what he did at the VT game

An Indiana alum I know thinks he will follow Debord there -- decent chance to start next season if he does

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back