Sheriron jones transferring

He came back to compete. Hardly a "quitter". I disagreed with a number of posters on here that thought that his previous short-lived transfer meant he would never do it again and would give up on his dream of playing QB to convert to another position. I think he represented himself well and competed and was passionate and inspiring to his teammates. He has nothing to be ashamed of imo.

So, he's not leaving UT to join another team for the second time?

Reactions: 1 person
So, he's not leaving UT to join another team for the second time?

So he didn't return to compete? This is football. He wants to play QB, and he wanted to do that at Tennessee...wasn't happening. You feel he owes it to us to sit on the bench? I classify quitters as those who never give an experience a chance. I think he gave himself a chance twice...while we're counting. Real mature kid. Proud that he was part of our program.

Reactions: 12 people
So he didn't return to compete? This is football. He wants to play QB, and he wanted to do that at Tennessee...wasn't happening. You feel he owes it to us to sit on the bench? I classify quitters as those who never give an experience a chance. I think he gave himself a chance twice...while we're counting. Real mature kid. Proud that he was part of our program.

Don't misinterpret my comments or put words in my mouth. Where did I say he owes us anything? I just question all this VFL talk. Regardless what he wants to do or be, he's quitting Tennessee for the second time. I don't hold it against him and don't blame him. I just don't see annointing him a Vol for life because he did some sideline cheerleading. Also, nothing says he can't stay and compete for the next couple years unless the coaches have told him he has no chance to play qb at UT.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't misinterpret my comments or put words in my mouth. Where did I say he owes us anything? I just question all this VFL talk. Regardless what he wants to do or be, he's quitting Tennessee for the second time. I don't hold it against him and don't blame him. I just don't see annointing him a Vol for life because he did some sideline cheerleading. Also, nothing says he can't stay and compete for the next couple years unless the coaches have told him he has no chance to play qb at UT.

I placed a question mark at the end of that question. :) This "VFL" status is everybody else's jam. I don't think it's an official title so I don't get hung up on it. He represented himself well while at Tennessee and should hold his head high. "Nothing" says he can't stay, but the kid doesn't need the coaches to write a press release to see that's he's well behind Dormady and Guarantano. He obviously wants to play regularly at QB with the 3 years remaining of eligibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I remember all the talk about what a great competitor he is and that he would never shy away from competition. Now all of this VFL talk about a kid that has quit on UT once and about to do it again. He hasn't contributed much more than some sideline cheerleading and he is being announced a VFL. Amusing how some fall in love with some while being so hard on and critical of others that haven't quit on the team and has actually contributed on the field.
Crazy ain't it

Sometimes in life you have to do something you don't want to for the betterment of yourself. Same situation here. Jones loves UT but his dream is to play QB and that realistically isn't happening. VFL in my book because he loves UT so mucg he came back and stayed as long as he could until the writing was 100% on the wall. Plus, we lose the VT game without him. I firmly believe that.

Reactions: 3 people
I've never seen a player transfer and everyone here be so positive!! Great job everyone. He is the true example of what a Vol should be.

Reactions: 1 person
I remember all the talk about what a great competitor he is and that he would never shy away from competition. Now all of this VFL talk about a kid that has quit on UT once and about to do it again. He hasn't contributed much more than some sideline cheerleading and he is being announced a VFL. Amusing how some fall in love with some while being so hard on and critical of others that haven't quit on the team and has actually contributed on the field.

Interesting take. It is funny how we beat up players that make a mistake on the field, but praise a kid that played 2 minutes of mop up for the mop up team.. I don't know if I consider transferring quitting on your team though.

I got his signature on fan day. He was one of only 3 guys that walked down the line to meet fans. I told him how grateful I was for his leadership at BaB. I honestly think it was the spark we needed. Jmo.

The kid deserves some latitude. He was recruited over and was unable to overcome our QB coach short-comings. He is the obvious 3rd stringer this year. I think he was loyal to the Vols, he never complained publicly or hurt the team chemistry, if anything he enhanced it. Look at it like he is opening up a roster/scholarship spot. Maybe he is doing Butch a favor so that we can sign those 2 QBs next year.

Reactions: 8 people
I don't know him personally....
I have followed him like the rest of the VN folks...
I was there and saw him giving his game gloves to the fans after the Tampa Bay Bowl game and was happy....
I wasn't surprised when he transferred the first time, but was not happy...
I was surprised when he came back, but not optimistic...
I was disappointed that he was injured for the OW game...

I don't know the young man...

In my line of work, I always try to put myself in my client's place...
I'm not sure what I would do or advise my son to do...

I pray that God wraps his arms around this young man and makes a difference in his and other's lives.

Reactions: 4 people
I've never seen a player transfer and everyone here be so positive!! Great job everyone. He is the true example of what a Vol should be.

Every time the fans got to see this guy, he always had a smile on his face and really appreciated the support he was given. Anyone that questions our appreciation for him and how deserving he is of it doesn't deserve to be any part of the Vols, JMO.

Reactions: 4 people
Really really loved the vols. Couldn't beat out Dormady.

He should have stayed committed to Florida. Im glad he didn't.
He is a good QB

He should have stayed at Colorado. I wish he had. For his sake.

He's shown UT nothing but love.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back